Can you americans speak any other language than english?

can you americans speak any other language than english?

дa, мoгy гoвopить нa pyccкoм языкe. و العربية

russian and MSA arabic

Americans can't speak English.
There's a reason why educationally they're 14th in the world.

What do you mean english?

We speak AMERICAN you stupid faggot.

I now enough of German, Japanese, Cantonese, French, Italian, and Spanish to not be an asshole if I visit countries who speak those languages.

I'mma call bullshit on that because you don't even KNOW enough English.

He's got you there, faggot.

>to not be

nope, no need to

Interesting. Where you're from?

Si.

>now enough

Aye stick to learning English pal.

most of them can't even speak english properly
even after they specifically dumbed it down

Hablo espanol, pero no mucho.
Doscientos palabras o menos.

People from countries where English isn't their first language always pride themselves on being multilingual. The rest of us pride ourselves from being from countries that have dominated global culture to the extent that ours is the worlds second language.

>mfw im multilingual
>i speak auscunt and fatmerican

i will turncoat and sell you out in a fucking second if i think itll get me further and im still legally a citizen of both of you and theres NOTHING YOU CAN DO
>being patriotic
lol

>now

>wasting time learning dying languages.

English is the language of success.

>can you americans speak any other language than english?
Not American but why would I, English absorbs other languages like a sponge and will become the defacto global language at some point.

Lol this

holy shit this delusion. for every 1 english speaker theres like 15 shitspeakers, mate, and they increase faster then we do.

I've been taking French for 7 years

Yet the shitspeakers are learning english as a second language

They can barely speak English, typos in everything they do.

just like we would learn spanish as a second langauge, a smaller, secondary thing to speak to a minority

You did?

Apparently you have never come across an Australian.

ayo we be speakin NAPAnese nigga fucc outta here

lol fuck no we did japanese and indian, and forgot them both maybe 2 weeks into summer, dont be a cuck

Most All Amish people know German & English, would consider them "worldly"

We all speak crude spanish

Hola como estas and what not

About half of us can curse in spanish relatively well

Also southern dialects are pretty distinct with words that are easily heard but hard to decipher in text for north and westerners (ex. Uon, eem, prolly, churen)

Boston and New Yorkers can be hard to understand for some people people

So thanks for making my point.

I can speak some German, but if there's anything I've learned from learning German, it's that it was a waste of time to learn it.

Si = if

Sí = Yes

Fag

>context doesnt exist
Nobody wastes their time with bullshit accent marks when you can just structure a sentence correctly

Theyre pronounced the same anyway

This. Brit learning Spanish here. Half the people you meet like it you're making the effort to learn, the other half want to practice their English on you.

The biggest giggle is when you finally realise that the non-US person (LOTE) speaks better English that you do. Not that that's hard.

>I'mma

Po. Jam Amerikan dhe flas shqip. Nuk jam shqiptar

14th out of 196 isn't that bad.

I've been taking English for 11 years. And I still can't understand the half of this thread.

Ni hao

french and spanish
>but i dont cause im not a faggot

Fuck no! Fuck all of you and your languages. That's why all you pussies have to learn English in school. Because we are #1 and the rest of the world is our cucks

maybe inbred yokels in the south speak poor english in the sense that their dialect highly differs from the rest of the US, but it's ridiculous to say that most americans speak poor english. first of all, poor english compared to which non-US speakers? do you mean the english?

God damn right! If I'm standing on it, its America!

One of the best methods of improving your native tongue is to learn a new, very different one. It forces you to examine your native language in ways that would not occur to a unilingual.

That's why we are back to back World War Champs

>irony
>the post

If it wasn't for US, Europe would of been conquered twice. Faggots

i can speak portuguese
my mom is brazillian

pra falar a verdade eu falo portugues fluente

isn't that hard

if Americans are stupid enough to put an over-privileged businessman with a spotty track record and a proclivity for being in the public eye in the white house, why are you even asking?

Image macros don't change the fact that we had to save your asses not once, but twice.

If if, between between,

When was the first time?

The FIRST world war? Y'know, the war that Allied forces spent 3 years trying to win before we stepped in an put an end to it.

>assuming all people who live in America are midwestern small town white folk.

MOSTLY it is

Are you american who protected the europe against first world war or are you european who protected the americans against the first world war?

if thats your argument about WWII you also have no argument at all.

america didn't fought alone

Might as well have. Don't think we don't appreciate you trying to help, but it's like a knife to a gun fight. You could've stayed home.

Amerifat education at work

If you consider 10% more that much. All the highschool and junior high school in my state require 2 years foreign language to graduate. I took german and sign language. I live in a midwestern white suburb 1 hour away from the main city.

We don't need to so no unless you consider math a language

Better than I thought we were

No, thats because of niggers you faggot

but they'e 12% of the population

it's because you're all retards

I know enough Italian, Spanish and Portuguese but even there they speak my language, American english. If you disagree than Fuck Off and read in your own language

At least we dont elect post menopausal women or a faggot cuck like trudeau.

12% is enough to drop us to 14th you retard

Or the Scots/ Irish...

It's because you're all soft, fat lazy SJW's

Its because niggers are that dumb

As an American, I have to agree with you but he won through the electoral vote and not the popular vote. More people voted against than for him

Don't blame the niggers for your stupidity you inbred

This is not true in WWI the us hastened the end but didn't change the outcome and in WWII Russia had already mortally wounded the Germans. The US did defeat Japan though we have that going for us.

バカアメリカ人じゃないから三つ言語を話せますが出来ます

Americans speak more languages than any other country in the world.

It's just we don't officially speak other languages as a whole. It's mostly a we don't have to or have a need to thing.

You can turn it back to bashing Americans though, that's fine.

Yo puedo hablar espanol. I'm white.

someone ignorant as you can't be much smarter than a nigger

>"speaks better English that you do."
>Follows with a fragment sentence
You Britbong or Benelux, faggot?

Je parle un peu de Français. I also wanna learn Japanese for multiple reasons. (I admit anime is one of them but not the only reason)

>Americans speak more languages than any other country in the world.

YLYL now? I lost.

>america didn't fought alone

>who protected the europe

>They can barely speak English, typos in everything they do.

>you're all soft, fat lazy SJW's

More yuropoor examples of sterling English

I mean im smarter than you and you're a nigger so...

Well i'm half american and i speak english, french, italian and spanish...

It's actually the truth if you think about it.

If Americans actually attempted to learn to speak the languages of everyone else around them they would have to learn dozens of languages.

Regionally some areas have a good understanding of Spanish though.

High School mostly requires 3 years of a foreign language.

It's just.... there isn't a lot of use for it, with the exception being areas like the southwest where Spanish is spoken as a 2nd language for many.

Anyways, there was also this thing in the USA where immigrants that came here made a conscious decision to not impart their language on their children.

>via 9gag
Fuck off newfag

That's because you are a Green beret, you fucking imperialist pig!

We kicked the rest of the world's ass.

thats retarded

Europeans always pride themselves as being so smart, but they never really put two and two together.

I'm Texan and my girlfriend is 100% Mexican. I know quite a bit of Spanish, and I expect at some point I'll be pretty damn fluent. This is because I live close to the border and I associate with people that speak this language.

Europe is full of countries huddled together like a poor family in a single bedroom apartment. They deal with each other every day. It's part of your livelihood. If you travel, chances are it'll be somewhere where the language is different.

In America, if I have plans to travel, it's to Vegas. Or to California. Or maybe New York. It doesn't benefit me in the slightest to waste my time learning a language I will never speak. It's actually a very bad; if you don't use it you lose it. It's the equivalent of going to school to learn marine biology when I never intend to go near an ocean.

The only beneficial language an American can learn is Spanish. And a lot of them know it down south.

Europe. Get your shit together. Languages are learned out of a necessity. We don't have that necessity. It doesn't mean you are smarter, it means your dumb asses can't get on the same page.

/thread

Nope

Wish I could, but its all Greek to me.

I took Latin in grad school, and also Italian.