Aye bros, I'm thinking of building myself a PC soon, and when it comes to the OS...

Aye bros, I'm thinking of building myself a PC soon, and when it comes to the OS, I'm just wondering if I HAVE to buy windows, or if I can just pirate it instead?

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.org/
microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool
microsoft.com/en-us/store/d/windows-10-home/D76QX4BZNWK4/1NT3?icid=Cat-Windows-mosaic_linknav-Home-051717-en_US
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just buy it. Easier.

I'm on a pretty tight budget, and windows is gonna make up a pretty noticeable percentage of the budget, which is why I'm wondering if pirating it is a solution

yes u can pirate it u fucking retard

Me again. I work for an IT company, we sell ex lease hp machines with windows 7 coa sticker on them for $100 (nzd) just look for a second hand machine that has a COA sticker for windows 7 on it. could get one for $50 probs. use that key then upgrade to 10 if you're that way inclined. = profit. or be a faggot and pirate it.

Do u mind telling me how because I'm too sheltered to know this stuff

Buy OEM version on ebay, its about 5$

Of course you can pirate it. Unless you have scruples about ripping off a multi billion dollar company, there's no reason not to.

pirating works in the short term but it'll usually always come kick you in the ass eventually.

or buy a brand new oem license from kinguin for 30 bucks. Retard.

thepiratebay.org/
dude i have been pirating windows for over 10 years

depends where you live. look on local auction sites or even ebay for either an ex lease machine that has the sticker or like this person said..
just buy an OEM version.

Who the fucks buy Windows nowadays. It's in their fucking business model for you to pirate it

Get the pre-activated (legit) version from a bay of pirates, use the free update to win10 (yes it's still available) and profit with a legit version of Nsa 1.0, I mean win10. Or just keep using the pre-activated win7, it's still supported till sometime in 2020.

Ubuntu?

You literally just have to download it. It's even easier than paying for it

I installed WinXP Pro SP2 Volume License edition so many times I can still remember my key, not that I've needed it in years.
HVYRV-TRR6T-H8GFR-83MV9-YFG73

i never even thought of this

Gentoo.

Alright like I know how people say you're supposed to torrent it and stuff, but what after? Like I'm new to this PC building thing, what exactly is the procedure after downloading the windows file from piratebay to getting it onto my new PC

If you're a student, chances are you can get windows for free legally

>Just buy it
>Easier.
you wasted those dubs, and first post on a retarded post.

OP
download windows 7 via windows official site, it's legal
(I normally use pirate bay as torrents are faster but whatever)
google wiindows loader.
run exe
?????
profit

Your key has been reported to Microsoft for piracy.

You clearly don't understand what volume licensing is.

Alright guys, OP here and I'm getting a ton of responses telling me to do different things, like is there a general option that everyone can agree on is best? You guys are doing me a huge favor here

buy it if u can afford it, if u have a friend with a burnt copy and cant then use that, but feel bad about it, and give microsoft good pr over it

Yeh, the pre-activated edition is 'factory', it isn't even a crack or a hack, and you can install any edition of win7 from the load menu (basic - ultimate)

Two problems with that: XP Pro is EOL so MS doesn't give a shit, and it's Volume License Edition so it doesn't check in with activation servers.

Windows XP is actually free now since it's EOL.

if you are going to use windows XP, here's what you do to activate it for free:
>when it asks you to activate, do a activation by telephone (it may call it "Speak to a representative").
>call the number it gives you, it will be an automated bot so if you are socially inept do not worry.
>enter the long key it gives you on the computer when it asks for it on the phone (this is a bit tedious because you have to actually say it out loud)
>it will give you a code that you enter into the computer, enter it into the computer
>its activated free of charge
>get bittorrent
>download win 7 ISO
>A: DVD B: USB drive
>make a choice A or B:
>B: use microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool to burn ISO to USB
>A: use Rufus to burn it to DVD
>when your PC is built, use the DVD or USB you created to install windows

btw on piratebay search for "Windows 7 AOI activated" to get the good shit
on installation, use Ultimate 64 bit

AIO*

Good luck the next time a wave of randsomwave comes along and you get fucked in the ass with an OS that's no longer patched. Or any other vulnerability, and there are many.

all these faggots saying to pirate windows.
windows is free, you can download it directly from microsofts site. It's a few weeks trial.
what isn't free is the license, which allows you to update it.
windows loader bypasses this.
but tbqh you never even need to update window anyway. i haven't updated it in 3 years, no point.

I do understand what volume licensing is. I also know there's a maximum number of computers allowed to use that key and you could very well break your company's next license audit with this stunt.

>don't give a shit
activation servers are up still

XP Volume License Edition doesn't check in with activation servers at all. They changed that with Vista though, now the only ones that don't check in are OEM editions with a key in the BIOS.

>need to update window anyway. i haven't updated it in 3 years

But a cheap 50$ windows 10 desktop off CL. Sync with a Microsoft login. Active new desktop with "changed hardware recently" option and steal digital entitlement from shit computer. I do this often on old computers from work

yeah, but you dont even need volume licensing to get it free.
you can just activate it legitimately without pirating it

Good luck even installing a current browser. Only Firefox still supports XP, and not much longer.

>I also know there's a maximum number of computers allowed to use that key and you could very well break your company's next license audit with this stunt.
Nope, that's a key for unlimited installs, and the company that it belonged to was bought out by a bigger company years ago.

It's not legal in any case, distributing your license to the whole wide world.

this is true, i do not condone usage of windows XP i am just spreading information about how to legally activate it for free so you dont get even more susceptible to malware

Or you can skip all of that and download the Retestrak edition of winXP (Precracked)

It's a really good idea to update your OS if you care about security at all

It isn't actually illegal. It's probably a breach of contract, which is unlawful. But unlawful and illegal are different things, and they'd have to waste money coming after me in civil court, which they definitely won't do for an EOL product that's already one of the most pirated pieces of software ever.

Also, I give no shits since it's an EOL product, the company that it belonged to is effectively defunct, having been taken over by a larger company, and anyone actually using it is just going to get frustrated when shit requires Win7 or the next WannaCry pwns them.

The benefit of using a pirated version of Windows? $50, $100 at most.
The benefit of paying for a preinstalled version? Drivers support and verified architecture.

Jeez, if you don't want to pay, just buy a cheap laptop and install any GNU/Linux distro

How? I've been stealing data since a Clinton was in office, and nothing bad has ever happened. I've got 6 tbs of stolen data on drives sitting outside of my computer.

Fuck you.

CHECK MY DUBS

$100 for Home, $200 for Pro

install Gentoo

Perhaps. I don't know the exact prices. (Call it a shame since I'm working for MS Office, but I haven't bought a Windows pc since 2008)

You are violating copyright. Even after applying the first sales doctrine, you are not authorized to generate *new* licenses, which is what you are effectively doing WAGON calles

WHAT IS YOUR DECISION, OP?

Please, nigger. Getting a virus online is a lot like getting an std in real life. If you actually get a legit condom (firewall) as opposed to the one your dad gave you from the 80s (any Windows firewall or protection) you should be fine.

Are you one of the people who believe someone can just immediately enter your computer from the console on their Ubuntu machine?

Nope, I'm not violating copyright. Someone using that key is violating copyright. I'm just in breach of contract because the license I read when installing the software said I'm not allowed to share the key.

>care about security at all
what exactly are pople going to steal from me?
I'm not a noob who runs any exe that I see, limewire is dead.
I rarely pirate anything and If I do it's from trusted places that I still use antivirys scans.
I rarely go on unencrypted websites other than this shithole and even if someone was to install a keylogger on my shit, then find my passwords to whatever, and raid my bank for the few sheckles I have. Banks fraud insurance, (which is a mandatory liability for any bank), would reinburse me.

what do you think is gonna happen with unupdated windows?
do you think some russian l33t hacker is gonna install malware on your computer while you browse normiebook and play farmville?

>Getting a virus online is a lot like getting an std in real life.

It would be a lot if you could reset your body. I wish.

The fact that everyone in this thread is crying and throwing bitch fits about piracy and pseudo piracy makes me weep for the future.

Do any of you actually believe the bullshit you type or all you just fucking with everyone else

Does OP already have a PC
Because if so all he has to do is just keep the same hard drive

OP here, Honestly haven't decided. I\m reading many responses telling me to do this and that, but alot of responses in this thread talk about some scary possibilities like viruses or legal repurcussions, and now I'm kinda scared

Copyright violation is a civil offence in most jurisdictions. It's a criminal offence in Japan, but I don't know if that dude lives in Japan.

>Fookin this

These people think everyone updates their shit. I ran win7 without sp1 for fucking years, and only got sp1 so I can play gta5. And I haven't updated a bit since then

And what do you know, I'm still here shit posting

just use windows enterprise

>viruses or legal repurcussions, and now I'm kinda scared
this bullshit is just a sign that this place is full of underage normie faggots

Microsoft isn't going to go after one guy for stealing their shit. But if you really don't want to pirate/try to activate it free of charge, nor want to pay, you could always use a GNU/Linux distribution.

Youre a fucking idiot.

Get a mac, start suckling dick for a living

If you wanna build a gaming PC and have some graphic card driver support, buy it. Otherwise, don't bother and install a GNU/Linux distro, or even a Windows cracked version.

Ay yo man where that gif from

Why the fuck do you think he won't have graphic driver support if he pirates windows?

yo mommas ass nigger

Does OP already have a PC
Because if so all he has to do is just keep the same hard drive. Also you could just use a non-activated version of windows until you earn enough to buy the full thing.

I've only ever used laptops in my life that were preloaded with windows, and my current laptop is gonna be used by my mom so I can't just swap the hard drive out

I live in Saudi Arabia at the moment, I'm gonna be building the PC back home in Canada when I go there in a couple days, and I'm worried about how Canadian law works around piracy

I'm 20, I've been on this site for around 6 years. I'm just new to this pirating OS thing. Not a huge techie so I don't know much about it

Yeah I intend on doing some gaming with it, you're telling me pirated versions of windows won't support my gpu?

Criminal offense in most of Europe, too, but the rights holder must file a complaint.

>Never updating
>No problem

And some people miss an update by a week and get rekt. Don't give bad advice based on your luck.

Because some of us do more that sit in the dark with our dicks out, and loosing data and productivity because herp derp i'm going to use software from the stone age for no fucking reason even tho win7 and win10 are free is fucking retarded.

>have some graphic card driver support, buy it

microsoft.com/en-us/store/d/windows-10-home/D76QX4BZNWK4/1NT3?icid=Cat-Windows-mosaic_linknav-Home-051717-en_US
Just do it.

you can pirate it, use kmspico or something from my digital life
also dual boot with linux, windows is a spyware

'cause of architecture.
Not telling you won't have GPU support, but it won't fit your hardware on first try, trust me. It will eventually work if you know what to look for. Probably a matter of weeks and a few crashes.

Try getting GPU support on Archlinux and you'll see what I mean. I'm not saying it's impossible, or even difficult, but it won't work straight outta the box.

wat

For proper 3D acceleration on nVidia and AMD/ATI cards, you'll need proprietary graphics card drivers. Installing those is:
a. a pain in the ass, and
b. needs to be repeated on every kernel upgrade.

Additionally, the AMD/ATI drivers are notorious for being unstable.

>I'm just new to this pirating OS thing
look user it's not complicated at all.
download the windows software
you do not have to pirate it at all, it is free, you can download it from microsoft official site, full version as a trial.
then google, windows loader.
run that exe
you now have full windows and are able to update it.

>loosing data and productivity because herp derp i'm going to use software from the stone age
what the fuck are you talking about you faggot.
firstly winxp isn't stone age, iirc is only lost it's support last year.
secondly, anyone who is writing viruses are doing it for win7 and 10, not windows 95 you idiot.
thirdly, updating windows does not make a damn bit of difference to getting malware, spyware etc on your computer.
being a retarded faggot like you is how you get that shit on your computer.
using a firewall, antivirus, spybot is the only protection from malicious software NOT windows

Sheeeeeit

No, I meant about Windows.

Just FYI - there's a key that'll activate any win 10 version .. not pasting it here, but if I could find it so can anyone .. I've activated 35+ on it so far. Sign you got the "magic" key : EULA is really short ..

>luck

It's called not being a fucking moron. Sorry for giving people the benefit of the doubt.

Pirate it you fucking dropkick

>firstly winxp isn't stone age, iirc is only lost it's support last year.
Windows XP EOL: April 8, 2014

Nigger this is so fucking wrong it hurts me to read.

You slap in a graphics card. Go to the fucking site (the little disk they give you also works)

You select your os. You install it. That's it.

Good god man, stop being plebian. Even if it's not on the disk, the site has drivers for all. I can get an xp driver if I wanted.

Angel Beats tho

>3 years
>stone age

End your life

Thanks fam, you my nigga for real.

It's Gunna save me an awkward ass phone call with mom too

If your system is not up-to-date, even being a genius will not make it perfectly safe. Hell, even if it is up-to-date, it will not be perfectly safe. Why do you think there are still security updates everyday?
Unless you build your own OS and use only your own softwares, you're not perfectly safe, and updates try to fix that. (Even if Windows sometimes goes to far with fixing)

OP here, Honestly, I feel like your advice sounds the best. It also sounds the least illegal, if that makes any sense? Since I'm downloading the actual trial, I guess I'm not doing it completely illegally. I think I'll go with this process, thank you user.
I'll still read all the other responses in this thread though, knowledge is power and all that

>iirc

Firstly, WinXp is no longer supported. It's Obsolete, deal with it.
Secondly, You don't know a thing about viruses if you think they are version specific.
Thirdly Why the fuck would you keep a firewall updated, anti-malware updated, anti-virus updated and NOT keep windows updated since windows DOES protect against things like Randsomeware and all sorts of vulnerabilities, this is literally pentest 101.. But you wouldn't know this because you're fucking retarded. You realize malware targets vulnerabilities in software, and keeping that software patched eliminates threats. Having a sytem that is immune to code is better than relying on third party software trying to catch it in the act. My fucking god, at lest learn some fucking basics before you sit there and spout shit like Mah win95 hur dur. We get it, your old and lazy.

>TRR6T
you are not the only one to use that key... kek

>if that makes any sense
It doesn't, and there's no thing as "more illegal" or "less illegal". An offense in an offense.

i am using pirated windows 7 all in one just search it youll find it

WannaCry worked by exploiting a bug that was fixed in the March updates. If you updated in March, you were immune to it. Updates definitely keep a lot of malware out.