Anybody who says Fantano doesn't have an effect on RYM ratings is fucking delusional

Anybody who says Fantano doesn't have an effect on RYM ratings is fucking delusional.

Post this in the comment box to get lots of upvotes my man!
who fucking cares

lol, or maybe because it just came out and more people are listening to it and reviewing it?

nah, that can't be it.

Who gives a shit about rym ratings? Its all about the aging Italian man's opinion

Hmmmmm...

>Scaruffi
>Better than RYM
Hahahahahaahahahhaaha Lmao

>caring this much about what other people think

Do RYM ratings directly affect your enjoyment of an album?

Yet one more reason why RYM is shit.

No, but most people would choose to listen to an album with a higher rating rather than listening to one that has a low rating.

RYM is but an extension of Pitchfork, just with some added metalheads. Check out RYM's top albums of the last few years and compare them to P4K's. Not denying there may be some Fantano viewers over there.

And that's their problem

>average drops for 0.05
Oh fuck I guess King Gizzard might as well disband at this point. What a catastrophe.

all albums start with higher scores as fanboys are first to rate.

i have never seen a bunch of people so obsessed with reviewers and people validating their OPINIONS what is wrong with most of u desu

True 90% of the time.

Give me an example of an artist discography where the RYM rating was more accurate than the Scaruffi rating. (i.e. who's top album picks was better.)

>most people
>using rym to decide what;s worth listening to

>you will never have album rating autism

feels great

get a life you dork, the scruff is the only reviewer you should care about ironically and sincerely

Instant gratification is objectively their worst though.

Radiohead

>Le contrarian Italian pedo
Fuck off Scaruffi drones you are the cancer of Sup Forums

>rates Buttmetal and circus music higher than actually innovative artists like Bowie and Radiohead
Lol

Scaruffi is a pedo?

Scaruffi: Rates Amnesiac as among their highest work

RYM: Gushes over In Rainbows and The Bends

Neither of them are perfect, but I'd give the edge to Scaruffi. Still a decent example of Scaruffi's weirdness. He shouldn't have rated any of their albums higher than 6.

What Scaruffi album are you comparing to circus music and on what grounds?

What exactly did Bowie "Innovate"? What's the moldbreaking, never before done statement or new musical idea that Radiohead have given us?

>contrarian
how did he hurt your little feelings plebboi

What makes Scaruffi so much better than thousands of others non meme internet critics

How does having a following make him a meme, and what is an example of a "non-meme" internet critic?

you're the one who made a thread crying about melon's influence on sonemic
get
a
life

Critics that didn't become famous by controversial bash reviews

I'm not OP idiot

He rated two of their albums as essentials. He's sharing his opinion, which is more critical and closer to the truth than the 99% of music journalism that considers the Beatles the inventors of every rock style ever.

This is why Sup Forums is fucking garbage. Shut the fuck up op. No one cares

checked

rym is the most autistic internet community I have ever seen, and that is really saying something

op is right. Big Fish Theory is 3.72 now when yesterday it was 3.75

>.05 difference
That's a .1 difference on a 10 point scale. Which makes a strong 7 a strong 7

This is exactly what happened with Narkopop.

Enormous catalogue of music
Actually has unique and interesting taste and doesn't just rate highly anything that's well-produced and "trendy"
Generally praises originality, so anything he's rated highly is virtually guaranteed to be at least somewhat interesting if not actually good
Some of his writing is interesting and insightful, see his Modern Dance review for example

Obviously I don't agree with him 100% of the time but the same is true of any reviewer. You're supposed to read reviews to see an outsider perspective and gain greater insight into the music you're listening to, as well as to find other stuff you might like, not to just look at the ratings and drone them mindlessly

>giving a fuck about fantano
>giving a shit about rym ratings
pleb

Fantano probably had to do with it, but also king gizzard fans probably rated it high right at release and as more get around to it, it drops

> arbitrary bullshit impacts arbitrary bullshit
Huh wow

im the biggest radiohead fag and we both know that radiohead hasnt innovated at all lol, theyre just a band that makes music that is enjoyable to us

I don't think you know what arbitrary means.

he decimated the score for the new Gas album. I'm still fucking salty. Fuck that melon headed shit and his milquetoast hipster DG worshipping shit taste. fuck him. forever.

none of this is true, holy shit people who stan this dude are dumb.

"determined by chance, whim, or impulse, and not by necessity, reason, or principle"
the principle in this case would be "actually being good"

so basically you admit non fans of their music rate low on purpose.

This happens all the time, it's not some big conspiracy.

>two corrupt (((entities))) collude to present a bogus reality

mind blowing

Imagine how great RYM would be if all p4k users and people who watch Fantano just deleted their accounts...

he has a new channel just called anthony fantano where he talks about random stuff today he put out a video talking about why his reviews aren't put on wikipedia which went into his influence. he's a good content creator as you all know, should check out new channel.

I'm saying most albums always get rated high then drop a bit, this has happened without fantano's involvement too

hes a master of the youtube medium ill give him that, he deserves a ton of credit

>(((ratings)))

fuck ratings in general. anyone trying to sell ratings in 2017 is fucking more than a little SUSPECT.

Anybody who cares about any kind of ratings is fucking delusional

all their albums are more or less the same, what makes this one especially worse other than some weird kind of peer pressure?