What's the purpose of having all these Middle Eastern/Islamic scenes in the show?

What's the purpose of having all these Middle Eastern/Islamic scenes in the show?

Is it just because of Esmail's ancestry?

I mean fuck, I'm from the ME too but this shit is going overboard. I don't see how having a scene of someone reading the Quran adds to a show about an insane hacker.

Don't bring Sup Forums into this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WtX1nFYZwDk&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's the jews!

death to islam

The "scenes" you are talking about are literally 2 seconds long. Hardly "overboard'.

It's emails way of venting
What I wann know is when the fuck will the plot progress

Have you ever been in NYC? also, I saw first season twice and up to date with season 2, and there are just a couple of trenton scenes where she's with her muslim family(and all of them were in the latest episodes), never seen anyone reading the Quran, what the fuck are you talking about

Darlene or however you spell her name is flicking through the book in the scene at the Muslim girl's house.

And no, I've never been to NYC. Why?

did someone say JEEEEEEEEEEEEEWS?

Sup Forums never leaves

>And no, I've never been to NYC. Why?
I went there for just 2 days and saw a shit ton of muslims.

>Darlene or however you spell her name is flicking through the book in the scene at the Muslim girl's house.

¿So? Her and her family are muslims, ¿Why do you find strange that they have the Quran at their home?

what the fuck are you even talking about? you fucking retarded nigger. There are maybe a handful of scenes that this even happens in. Stop being such an autistic faggot that you notice and get triggered by this.

Jewish media is inherently subversive, user.

>Why do you find strange that they have the Quran at their home

I mean, what's the purpose of having Darlene flick through the Quran? Just to show the book in the scene? There has to be a reason for the director to include this action.

>Wachtel began his career as a theatre director and producer. He produced the first New York productions of David Mamet’s works -- Sexual Perversity in Chicago and The Duck Variations.

>Sexual Perversity in Chicago

Every time.

please just kill yourself and go to paradise already you fucking idiot,

probably because one of the characters is muslim

In Islam, suicide is a one way ticket to Hell.

And besides, there is no after-life.

regardless, kill yourself

No thanks, I like being alive.

dude are you really triggered by that? that's pretty idiotic desu

>what's the purpose of having all these nig nog scenes in season 2? I mean, black people? playing basketball? what's the point? what does esmail mean with this? There has to be a reason for the director to include this action

How is that not a valid question though? Just like in writing a novel, you use actions or objects in scenes as symbols or motifs to flesh out the ideas and themes of the film/show.

And what I'm interested in, is why Esmail has these recurring scenes involving things related to Islam. There must be a reason for this.

are all sand niggers this retarded?

Are you going to explain why you disagree with me instead of insulting me?

Between this and The Night Of, there seems to be some new trend of Muslim shilling. Trying to make them seem like they are the lowest scum of the human race they are.

ok, kiddo ..did you even watch the shows?

fucking faggot.

Is The Night Of any good?

You say you're from the ME but you're obviously culturally westernised and wouldn't flag a lot of stuff that pushes ideology specific to the west, or the US. The romanticisation of cops on TV for example is pretty much flat out propaganda, a realistic cop drama would have them arresting people over small fines or busting minority kids for weed.

Given the extreme negative image people tend to have of Islam, and years after years of Murrika vs. the Terrorists it's refreshing to have a show with middle eastern & muslim characters that are if not positive role models, at least not stereotypes.

Esmail is a Muslim egyptian and was quite explicit the show was influenced by the Arab spring. If you're that ashamed by your heritage, you should have already tuned off in S1 given it's a show with an Arab lead created by an Arab dude and the closest thing they have to a moral conscience is a Muslim girl.

You could argue just as much there's a lot of christian riffs with the Mr. Robot as jesus, etc. either way.

very good

It's a sort of an easter egg, she's flipping through the Qu'ran "backwards", indicating she probably knows how to read Arabic(or Persian if it's in Persian, but probably Arabic).

Yeah, I only spent the first 15 years of my life in the ME before moving to a western country. I guess I just find it kinda weird to see things that I remember from my childhood or family/home-life in something that's mainstream and western. Especially for a show about hacking.

I didn't know that it was influenced by the Arab Spring, that's pretty interesting.

I'm not ashamed or anything, but like I said, it feels strange to see these things in a mainstream western show and have the characters not be depicted as the stereotypical terrorists or the like.

Oh shit, I didn't notice that. Pretty interesting.

Darlene and Trenton are lesbians with each other. Darlene is studying the Quran so she'll know how to conduct a proper Muslim lesbian home.

>both sides are white people
Check your privilege, you honkey shitlord.

cringed hard

you joke about that but the subtext was hella thick in S1 and we know Darlene can swing that way.

it wouldn't be unusual for Trenton to be queer at all given the distance between her and her family(even if she's doing it for them), spending a short time on tumblr will show you a lot of nerdy subculturey muslims tend to be queer but keep it compartmentalised.

>more muslim discussion than mr robot discussion
Sorry wrong thread, the mr robot thread is the other one with green text right?

>youtube.com/watch?v=WtX1nFYZwDk&feature=youtu.be

Man next week's episode looks wild

Totally forgot he was in that.

Looks like he's playing the character of adrenaline-fueled Elliot.