>tfw no friends with same music taste
>tfw can't start a band with any of your friends
>tfw music is an entirely lonesome process for you

kinda sucks guys, why is everyone around me such a fucking pleb I hate it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J4_ewaO7SA4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Suicide

Just be like Will Toledo and do every instrument yourself.

have you actually TRIED?

>friends rich dad has bought him thousands of dollars worth of guitars and a drum set
>he only listens to nigger rap
>we will never start a band together

>he has friends

This. All you need are bass loops and a drum machine

Many times, each time they'll say "this is too weird" or something, one friend literally said "if we play music like this we'll never be popular" like jesus christ

Doable for like 80% of the music I want to do, but still a struggle when it comes to preforming live, to find people who'll play the music i've written

>tfw no friends
>why is everyone around me such a fucking pleb
i'm already sensing the reason why...

are you in school right now? it's not hard to find people who love music around you especially if you just open up a bit

also forgot to ask, what music do you listen to? if it's all Sup Forumscore cancer i can see that your problem stems from there too

you could pull an elliott smith and get good enough at acoustic guitar to play every element of a multi-instrumental song live

dont worry OP, you're a pleb too

Going to University in September. Hopefully will find some people there with similar interests

Oh you know etc etc THE LIST GOES ON but really want to focus on noise rock sort of stuff (Boredoms are my favourite band, as well as Ween) Electronic (Coil are my favourite group), Drone & Ambient, Free Jazz, Experimental, Punk, that sort of thing, sorry if i'm sounding too pretentious. Quite into Metal too, of late, especially the more slower, doom-y, sludgey too

Where I live, the music is very much indie focused or grime/dance, I don't really like those two things either. I'm from the U.K., and indie is still pretty huge here, and older Britpop bands like Oasis, Blur, Pulp and Stone Roses and the Smiths (not britpop but whatever) are really worshiped still. They're okay groups, but totally not what i'm into musically

where abouts in the cunt tree lad

>experimental
you really know nothing about music, no wonder you cant find someone with similar taste

hah im kinda in an reverse situation op, i love the underground uk/german techno scene and of course nobody here in the part of america i live in listens to that stuff whatsoever

Sheffield, birthplace of Arctic Monkeys, in which by law each person much rave about and worship every single day of their life

>tfw live in a city of one my most hated bands

kill me

do you like any other electronic besides coil? also free jazz and ween are great jumping off points. if you like free jazz, you should at the very least appreciate standards and other genres of jazz. anybody can enjoy jazz, and if you play an instrument you can enjoy it further in a much more enlightened way.

i know plenty of people who love ween, though it's mostly their later stuff. if you like ween, you'd probably like most other psychedelia and considering just how many fucking hippies college attracts, i think you might fit in fine.

Dance music here is pretty okay, no one likes techno though, at least from the clubs/DJ I know, it's all like UK garage (which is okay) and Grime at the moment. Same as you, I love German techno, they don't know how good they've got it.

I've got a gf who knows more music than me, happy to stay in and collab with her.
Feels good lads.

>anybody can enjoy jazz
you give anybody too much credit

Arctic Cunts are fucking wank, lad. Sheffield is also gay as fuck.
Shame, I'm a northerner in the south.

WE COULD HAVE BEEN BAND MATES BRO

you're just a >lewronggneration kid

don't worry, you'll grow out of it

people that don't know shit about music find people with the same taste all the time
you're just being a dickfuck

what is it you don't like about arctic monkeys exactly?

fine, anybody can 'appreciate' jazz. i don't know anybody who can't at least enjoy it as background music god dammit

Yeah, Pan Sonic, Monoton, NWW (does that count as electronic?) Tangerine Dream, the more electronic Kraturock groups like Cluster and Harmonia, the ususal BoC, Aphex Twin, Autechre guys (Speedy J really gets underlooked, and B12) and all bunch of dance music. I like Jazz quite a lot also (Art Blakely was first guy I got into, as well as Miles and Horace Silver, and Sun Ra) but like Free Jazz most.

Never met another english person who's heard of Ween, sadly, turned them on to a mate though.

My dad is Southern so i've always felt a weird feeling of being both Northern and Southern. Could live in the South desu, maybe Bristol. Sheffield is terrible, I agree, and i'm going to uni here too, fucking kill me

b-but some of my favourite artists are from this generation

They're the indie equivelent to dishwater. Boring song-writing, dull lyrics that are overexaggerated to show how 'authentic' and 'northern' they are (despite being from a generally safe area in the city. Complete opposite to me) I don't think they have a single good tune, I despise Alex Turner's voice, they're just everything I hate about Indie music to be quite honest. No insult to people who like them though, to each to their own, but here there's a feeling of "what?! you don't like them?!" like i'm supposed to just because i'm from the same city. I imagine Mancs feel the same with Oasis, or New York with Velvet Underground maybe, I don't know.

Well shit mate, that's just toooooo damn bad. Bristol is not near either.
But since you like noise rock, check out the band Destruction Unit from Arizona (I think)... if you haven't already.

>all bunch of dance music
like???

reading up on jazz and its history is a good way to appreciate the broad genre as a whole. it's fine to listen to free jazz but imo you're an ass-pounded poseur if you don't understand where free jazz evolved from or its ideals

for what it's worth it could very well be an example of what said. a combination of being socially challenged and not understanding music anything above a cosmetic basis

>They're the indie equivelent to dishwater
>I imagine Mancs feel the same with Oasis
this is about what i expected you to say

The album 'Deep Trip', I don't know about their other shit

But being a solo artist is cool. You can do whatever you want

Will do thanks

I don't man, I just like, I don't want to spend the entire thread spamming all the artists I like. Minimal Techno (Ben Klock, Basic Channel, Monolake, Surgeon, Robert Hood, Jeff Mills etc) The Detroit scene, House music, more so Deep house like Theo Parrish, Andres, Moodyman and Soichi Terada. I'm more on the Techno and House side of things, although I enjoy Jungle and UK Garage every now and them.

I do like Jazz quite a bit, I would read up on it, sure. I like the oldies like Louis Armstrong and King Oliver, and the Bebop guys like Bird and Dizzy and what not

What I mean with the Manchester thing is, not that Oasis are bad, but that I feel with some places, you are in a way pressured to like said artist just because they are from there, and you're a little stigmatised for not liking them. I imagine living in Nashville and not liking country would be quite difficult, same thing here, in a way.

>I don't man, I just like, I don't want to spend the entire thread spamming all the artists I like. Minimal Techno (Ben Klock, Basic Channel, Monolake, Surgeon, Robert Hood, Jeff Mills etc) The Detroit scene, House music, more so Deep house like Theo Parrish, Andres, Moodyman and Soichi Terada. I'm more on the Techno and House side of things, although I enjoy Jungle and UK Garage every now and them.
Disregard what I said mate, you're a pleb cunt

Juzt bee urself (be Trent Reznor)

Sorry, i'll aspire to be more patrician like you in future

>anime
It's positively not possible.
I would never associate with you, or let your scent come to rest upon, or anywhere near, me or my instrument

>tfw best friend of 10 years is a patrician
>tfw can talk about any music I've heard with him and he's already heard it and can have a conversation
>tfw introduce eachother to patrician stuff
>tfw in a band together the whole time and jam regularly
>tfw eternal patrician music bro

Get fucked OP

>tfw no friends

>tfw best friends are
>1. Hip-Hop fag who won't shut up about hip-hip
>2. Dad rock fag who only listens to Britpop and the Eagles
>3. Pleb girl who likes Melanie Martinez and Hasley and Twenty One Pilots
>4. A muscle meathead who likes Boys II Men and jazz pop

Can I borrow your friend?

>he doesn't like the Eagles

Sure but I need him back by Saturday. I'll take the hip-hop friend as collateral

name 1 (one) song that isn't Hotel California

Sure, hope you like hearing about Earl Sweatshirt and Vince Staples every fucking day

>The Eagles
Garbage
That drolling dopey sloth fuck of a lead singer needs to fuck off and never sing, or produce music again.
Sounds like my arse reverberating the sound of a curry diarrhoea into my toilet bowl

I know that feeling. However, I think that even total plebs will enjoy bands like Neutral Milk Hotel, late Animal Collective or Radiohead if you show it to them.

Doolin-Dalton is my favorite. Those Shoes is often regarded as GOAT.
>lead singer
>Eagles
You have to specify.

not that user but describing your friends' tastes sounds fun
>1. sucker for substanceless novelties like steampunk opera
>2. jazz / indie music guy that I indoctrinated into good music taste when we were younger
>3. 'epic soundtrack music' like hans zimmer or video game soundtracks, virtually any genre of accessible music as long as it doesnt have autotune or rapping, the same pleb snippets of beethoven over and over
>4. video game music when he isn't liking things ironically

AnCo isn't half as accessible as people here make them out to be

It depends: Strawberry Jam and MPP have some really catchy songs like Fireworks, Unsolved Mysteries and My Girls that are not really hard to listen to! FloriDada and Golden Gal from the Painting with LP are also very accessible!

I like them, don't get me wrong, but accessible for a Sup Forumstant and accessible for a normie off the street are different things.

Am I the only one who finds normie music, especially normie EDM and Drum and Base, very hard to listen to? I wouldn't have problem with sitting through a 2 hour long post-rock album (as does everybody else on this board, I guess), but I couldn't get into normie dance music even if I wanted to!

There's a reason cities are the only places where interesting bands form - you probably won't find many fast of post-avant crunkjazz in your lower middle class 80% white suburb, but in NYC you'll find at least a couple others.

I don't mind some EDM. I don't go out of my way to listen to it but it's not bad. Depends on the mood/scenario. Summertime, time with friends, or going to the bar is fine for EDM. Sitting in my basement and just listening by myself? Nah.
It's nice to have a little bit of it though for when a normie wants to hear it. Girls in particular love that shit so playing it in the car for them is good.

What are people expecting ? of course you are not going to find someone with the exact same taste as yours just some similiarities

Except I did

I am a big fan of several different kinds of dance music. The mainstream is saturated with formulaic, boring stuff,but some projects rise above that. Check out deadmau5's "While(1

>friend only listens to monstercat (wtf kids shit is that) generic edm playlist in car
>I can't stand EDM at all
I don't understand how normies get into inaccessible shit like trap and EDM.

"Heh, I can help you..for a price."

. video game music when he isn't liking things ironically
People that exclusively listen to video game soundtracks are the worst kind of people. No matter how bad someone on Sup Forums says your taste is, remember that at least you're not one of 'those'.

I hope you arent disregarding all video game music
youtube.com/watch?v=J4_ewaO7SA4

Hey man I grew up with the SNES I like video game music. I'm talking about those turbo-nerds who ONLY listen to video game music. Years ago when I was playing WoW I encountered a lot of these types. One of them made armored gauntlet's as a pass-time.

what of course your friends dont have the same music taste would you think that would actually happen hahahaha

don't do this I drove myself slowly insane trying