I don't why so many people like South Park. inb4 >triggered sjw

I don't why so many people like South Park. inb4 >triggered sjw
I mean, sure it's edgy but it's not funny. It's not even writing. Most of you guys make me laugh with edgy humour more than these shows. Also the politcal commentary is painfully cringey

It was funny when i was ten years old. The thought of a guy committing serial rape cases against chickens was Hi-larious.

It's been tired and unfunny since the episode where the taco was shitting out sour cream.

Basically this.
Only watch it now for nostalgia factor and for how pop-culture relevant it is. I don't want to know how little sense the current episode will make without the context of immediate pop-culture history.

Russian here. South Park is one of the greatest achievements of American and world culture and the cornerstone of my personal worldview. It really should be taught in schools and universitites alongside Voltaire and Hemingway.

The style changed a lot over the seasons. Early seasons, the kids are mostly wide-eyed and innocent, and Cartman was just a little fat asshole, which made it funnier. Now Butters is the only kid like that, and Cartman is genuinely evil, and everyone is cynical.

I still enjoy it, I can understand why people would prefer the old show to the modern one, but I don't get how they can say the new stuff is outright bad or boring.

but to me it feels so juvenile. And I always thought simpsons did americana pop culture better. can you give me an example of a good episode?

I can put it on in the background and never get sick of it. I can't say the same about Futurama or any other animated comedy series which usually have some unredeemable quality. For instance, Family guy uses the same tired puns and setups for jokes over and over. I actually think Family Guy and American Dad are two of the worst animated comedy series in the history of television. Whenever they come on late at night I instantly feel depressed and suicidal. South Park, on the other hand, doesn't try to force me to laugh, it's satire on current events which lead me to deeper thinking even if I get used to the punchlines. For example, I'll never get tired of seeing a disfigured Caitlyn Jenner run over people with her car. The public refused to acknowledge it when it happened, so something about seeing it so blatantly depicted is hilarious no matter many times it gets played. South Park is simply deeper than anything else out there. And since it's disguised as a light-hearted, although raunchy, animated comedy, it's perfect casual viewing material. I get so fucking tired of "my ass" jokes in Futurama and Fry's annoying voice and incompetence. South Park doesn't offend my sensibilities like everything else does.

u dont get it... PARENTS ARE STUPID

It is painfully boring. Dialogue is lethargic as fuck, every plot is the same overblown conspiracy bullshit and the kids don't interact with each other and use profanity as much.

>it's satire on current events which lead me to deeper thinking

Do you enjoy satire?

If not, then no, you will not like the show. It employs methods like exaggeration to convey a point.

Also what's cringey about the messages? Perhaps the way they are summarized nearly always at the end, but a lot of times they even flip that on it's head.

but that just seems tired as fuck. Like how is that funny?I agree family guy and american dad are all terrible though.

>Caitlyn Jenner
>her

I love satire. but south parks satire is (to me) just so surface level and also unfunny. it's really shallow political commentary.

It may be surface level sure, but I don't think there's a point to delve deep into some of the concepts that the show is parodying. I don't believe the creators are out to change any minds. Just offering a primer into their viewpoint.

I mean at it's core its still just about ten year olds being thrown into the mix of a "wacky" world.

It will be in the distant future when people want to study 20th/21st Century America.

Not even memeing.

It still makes me laugh occasionally which I think is impressive for a comedy show that's had 18 seasons. I can't say the same about the Simpsons.

It has it's moments, it's certainly aged better than the Simpsons imo. The newer seasons seemed to have some of the magic back, especially with the season arc on political correctness. The thing is, South Park is such an important brand for Comedy Central they pretty much allow them to get away with anything, which is great because it results in unfiltered commentary where no topic is safe. What other shows rip on Jews as much as South Park? What other shows can get away with consistently implying Caitlyn Jenner is a mentally ill man who got away with murder? Not all episodes are stellar but I appreciate that they can "go there", not get a major backlash anymore and still at least be moderately entertaining most of the time.

Fuck I will never think of Jan Oort or Cosmos the same

>humour

found your problem

>muh political commentary

South Park was fun when it was the boys fucking around.