I was still just a twinkle in my daddy's eye on 9/11, but I find this tragedy extremely interesting...

I was still just a twinkle in my daddy's eye on 9/11, but I find this tragedy extremely interesting. I have been watching documentaries on 9/11 constantly for the last 2 days and one thing I always wonder is why didn't they use helicopters to rescue people?

Surely there were helipads up there

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kx4ZDd1vDGU
youtu.be/FzF1KySHmUA
youtube.com/watch?v=mhROd7Jt3-w
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6598867.stm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's one of the first things they tried. The smoke was too thick for the pilots to be able to get in.

My guesses are:

a) smoke made it extremely difficult to use the top of the building
b) who knows how many people could actually access the top of the building
c) air traffic grounded in that area

I was thinking "what are you, 11?", then I realized this shit happened 16 years ago.

Now I feel old as fuck. People who weren't alive when 9-11 happened are now old enough to drink and fuck....wtf?

Rescue choppers wouldn't have been grounded. They were all over the area, they just couldn't get close to the buildings on account of being blinded by the smoke.

I identify as an attack helicopter, don't assume there are just helipads everywhere, it's not easy being an attack helicopter and you can't understand. Congrats faggot you have triggered my spirituality

>up there
on top of the buildings? look at your own picture dude. not only did they not know when or if they were gonna collapse, that would be impossible to land on

>tfw jet fuel can't fuel steel beams
>tfw oil found in the middle east
>tfw capitalist pigs blamed an entire religion just for oil

Except, the thing about that is this: No.

I don't hear a counter argument.

youtu.be/kx4ZDd1vDGU

Literally every part of that comment is wrong haha. Just rethink your life and that should do it.

Not here in the USA they can't

>tfw when oil was found in Middle East 70 years ago
>tfw when foreign currency is backed by the USD
>tfw idiots like you don't live in reality
>tfw when my electricity goes out for sometimes 8 hours and have no running water because I'm not priveldged to live in USA
>tfw capitalism gives small people opportunity to become rich
>tfw if USA fails then my country and most other countries in world will fail
>mfw I have no face

Pic related. Neighborhood called Las canitas . I can drive there be there within 10 minutes without traffic.

No planes.
Was CGI

Buildings came down with explosives.

Why do people have children here? because they get desperate and want sex? Don't they know what they're putting their children through?

Can't take the b8 m8?

How dare you

I was still just a twinkle in my daddy's eye on 9/11

>newfag detected

Underage b&

Primarily because all aircraft were grounded.

Secondarily because of the threat of further attack, no one was on the smoke covered roof, landing on the roof of a building that is on fire is a great way to get killed and kill others when your helicopter also crashes to the ground and finally all fire evacuation plans for large buildings involve using the stairs to move down not up.

possibly not, my kid is 18 now and was a twinkle in my eye on 9/11

The building were going to collapse and the stairwells were blocked. That was the only way to save them. Pilots are cowards

>16 years ago
>old enough to drink

based eurofag

>What is math and how does it work.

September 11 2001 is three months shy of 16 years ago.

They didn't think the building would collapse because jet fuel can't melt steel beams.

C'mon, unless you know you can't prove me wrong?

If I was in one of the buildings I would have gone to the roof. Then when it collapsed I'd wait until like the roof was 10ft from the ground. Then I would jump really really high, hard as I can, then walk away from it. There were a lot people in those buildings who didn't have this common since.

I was 3 years old when this shit happend

Hmm. Would this actually work?

i think there are other documentaries about how the helicopters couldn't get close enough, be it heat, smoke, or obstructions. Not every helicopter that was in the air is equipped with winches and trained personnel to pull people out.

i don't remember seeing anyone on the roof waiting to be rescued... also smoke makes it hard to even see the roof...

You should try it and find out.

...are you retarded?

said like someone who's never risked anything, done anything, or knows anything outside what Sup Forums tells him.

The jet fuel didn't have to melt the steel beams, the hat from the fire was enough to change the physical properties of the steel in such a way that they were no longer able to support the weight that was on them.

There are plenty of questions about 9/11 but a jet fuel fire causing the steel structure to fail is not one of them. All structural engineers agree on that point.

fucking idiot

>he doesn't realize hundreds of skyscrapers have burned and not a single one of them has collapsed

Open your eyes sheep

Too windy.

youtu.be/FzF1KySHmUA

Best argument ever

You MAY be missing a very large, plane sized variable in that equation.

Sure, hundreds of buildings have burned. How many have been hit by fucking jetliners?

Fo shizzle

Fair enough. How about this? youtube.com/watch?v=mhROd7Jt3-w

I would like to see that experiment done at 1500 degrees instead of 1800. I'd be willing to bet he would find a very different result

Not all fire is equal.

a small wood fire can burn around 400° which would not undermine a steel support structure but jet fuel burns at ~1500° which does undermine a steel support structure. There are even flames that burn at less than 100° which means you can hold your hand in the flame and never burn.

Fire is the expulsion of thermal and light energy and the intensity is determined by the fuel and environmental conditions.

smoke was to thick, falling debris can easily fuck up the helicopter.

Fire Science Fag here.

We actually covered this during my time in the fire academy and we discovered the following:

1. The smoke was too thick and would've limited visibility and choked the engines and cause them to seize.

2. Assuming they wouldn't seize, they would have had to contend with the rising and turbulent thermals that would've made landing and even hovering next to impossible.

3. Hypothetically speaking if they did land, they would have to face the fact that they could only carry so few people. Majority of the birds in the air were Bell 206's and they can carry at most 6 people including pilots.

4. The pilots had to worry about the structural integrity of the roof. The damage caused could have weakened the roof supports.

5. Lastly the pilots had to worry about the possibility of another attack.

Read a little on thermals, my little retarded friend.

>no windows

Many planes have covered windows. The question here is did the planes specified have covered windows and how well did mark burnback actually look at the plane.

>Impact with the building before the plane hit
>Extra equipment on the plane
The quality of the videos is abysmal, the equipment could easily be paint, lighting and the terrible camera. Also determining where and when the planes hit can hardly be done with any precision when the plane is moving more than 10 feet per frame.

>Explosions not at the point of contact
This is because the building is a building and not mountain, the plane would be able to punch through the wall long before an explosion or even shockwave erupted.

The weirdest thing about this is why the cameraman flicked the camera directly at the towers after a plane flew overhead. His view of the path was blocked by the brown brick building.

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6598867.stm

Honestly, I can't say one way or the other, but the government does some pretty damn shady shit regardless.

I was really arguing why I couldn't actually argue with the video. It simply doesn't show enough.

There is no question that the public was not given the whole story and it is fair that it hurts their credibility.

Too much smoke you doofus

THIS!! If folks in those countries would have just one child then have a vasectomy/tubal ligatation, they could devote themselves to their progeny without living in absolute poverty, and without the child growing up only to complain that it was the US's fault. If the folks in places like that neighborhood would give a shit, the problem would get solved.

No he wasn't unless your kid was born at 4 Years old

> No planes.
> Was CGI

> Buildings came down with explosives.

kek - I assume that's sarcasm. If not, why haven't you killed yourself - your IQ will never exceed 50 no matter how hard you work.

Explosives used to scrub black sites in buildings.

MODS

Is this sarcasm? I wouldn't want surgery anywhere near a place like that. The people there most likely aren't vaccinated, education is probably really low, so infections would be a huge issue. I'm talking more about realizing what a fucked up place the world is, and instead of bringing something into it just so it can suffer, just do something else.

Underage B&.

To give a REAL answer helicopters are generally not supposed to get close to big fires, because the extreme heat causes lots of turbulences and its extremly dangeorus to fly close