Perfectly reasonable Christian here

Perfectly reasonable Christian here.
Glad to answer your Bible related questions and help you to figure out things you may have wondered about Biblical history. AMA!

BUMP
Related: I am also known here at Sup Forums as "The Parrot guy".

BUMP
For obvious reasons.

LAST BUMP.

Does the Bible mention anything about what heaven will be like? I really don't want to go to heaven or hell, eternal bliss does not sound as blissful, it sounds boring.

God isn't real.

No you arnt.

Was Jesus a white, cis-gender male? Or was he a dirty sand nigger?

It describes the "Kingdom" but Christ said "there are many 'mansions'" This would better be described as "places" or perhaps "Solar Systems". There will be a place for each of us that is perfection.

So some say. I pray they are wrong.

Really? Many call me that?
Perhaps not you, but....

He was half Levite and Jew. A Aramaic or Sephardi Jew. Probably looked like any other modern caucasians.

Why did god, who created the entire universe, require a blood sacrifice to forgive us? He could have just, you know, forgave us.

And don't day the wages of sin is death. He is fucking god. He can do whatever he wants effortlessly.

What's your opinion on Numbers 31:17-18?

when will jesus come back and tell us to kill all the muslims?

If God is omnipotent, omnipresent and Omni benevolent then why is there still suffering in the world

How old is earth?
What about Jesus other 23 chromosomes?
How many animals can actually fit on a boat?
Why are your people so fucking stupid?

He asked that we sacrifice the best or perfect thing we had created. Be that a pot, grains or lambs. It was not really that he wanted blood, as much as he wanted our mercy that we would consider twice any sin because we knew it would be costly. He ultimately gave us Christ as a final sacrifice. Funny that the final straw to the high priests was his (Christ with the Whip) attack on the vendors who enriched them with bribes, for selling birds and lambs that really did not meet Gods sacrificial requirements.

Is it considered a sin for a man to suck another man's penis?

Explain dinosaurs and the bibles lack of them pls

>Numbers 31:17-18?
Either it was an ungodly act by men who tried to justify their actions with lies? OR the boys and women where Gheber or Philistines. Half breed offspring of the Fallen Angels. (genesis 6:4..

Most of the OT is about the Hebrew people and the need to keep them alive until Christs birth. It is about those who intentionally or unintentionally got in the way of Gods promise.

Actually, the people that were attacked were midianites

How many children did Eve give birth to?

After the Anti-Christ has fooled us.
(Be careful he too will be an Angel who claims to be Christ.)

When Christ returns his toe will no more than brush the top of Mt Zion and all flesh will be gone in the blink of an eye and we will all return to our eternal forms. (Souls)

Beware should any person or being claim to be Christ while you can still pinch and inch (Are in the flesh / alive) it is a liar.

Human lessons are myriad and varied.

Millions if not billions of years old.
I do not understand your genetic question.

The flood was targeted only at the middle east so only creatures from the middle east would have needed to be on board.

The "Veil of Oblivion" causes us to be born into ignorance.

>perfectly reasonable christian
>frequents Sup Forums

Kys

i've never been to church really, but i have a growing sense that i need to go and develop a relationship with god. but i'm put off by the idea of attending mass and taking part in a sort of watered-down tradition, i want it to be a fully personalized experience, 1 on 1, me and him. any tips on how to do this? i've meditated before and have felt his embrace (which is pure peace) but i want to have a more "social" relationship with the almighty so that he can guide me in my social behaviors/decisions, etc., thanks.

>The flood was targeted only at the middle East
... wat

Most adult acts are considered sinful/

If they were married it probably would not be.
As it is on Earth so it shall be in Heaven. God tries to respect our human laws.

The Bible is badly translated parts of it are a manual of life and history that the original bearers abandoned. (Pentateuch)

The rest is many books by many authors also as badly translated. The closest word to dinosaur in the Bible is Behemoth.

But they were destroyed in the *Tu hu eh vu hu* a Hebrew or Chaldean documented event that happened before mankind was seeded here.

>ites

Most often when races are described as "XXXites" you are not referring to an entirely human culture. These folks were either the offspring of Nephilim called Gheber as I mentioned above or the offspring of the bloodline of Cain and Tubal Cain.

Many. (But they were not the first humans just the first Hebrews.)
Off the top of my head? sixty-three children 32 Girls and 31 boys.
Most Important?
Abel son of Adam. Killed by Cain.
Cain son of Satan.
Seth the bloodline that would eventually lead to the likes of Abraham, Moses, and Jacob. (Eventually Christ himself.)

I am keeping count.
Should the majority advise it I will consider.

Nice trips.

Get a copy of Bullingers Companion Bible. As well as a Strong's Concordance. Read them daily the bible book by book, chapter by chapter, verse by verse, get in the habit of looking up words that you don't understand in a Strong's not in a dictionary. Spirit willing you will be guided to a very personal relationship.

Avoid all churches for anything other then social purposes.

But it never said God created them during the seven days

But it never said God created them during the seven days

What wat?

The epic of Gilgamesh is far more accurate then the lies funny hat wearing men in Churches tell and has no bearing on what the Bible actually says.
Which them?

Dinosaurs

Which Religion is it that you follow specifically? Christian leads me to believe Catholic but I'm not altogether too familiar with different Religions and their intricacies.
For a few actual questions rather than a personal one, what makes you believe or give you faith, the teachings of your religion, or have you had a 'Parting the Clouds' moment? If so, what was it like?

What's your thoughts on evangelists?

Ah. No it says.

In the beginning God created the Heaven's and the Earth. That is millions or perhaps billions of years. During which the Dinosaurs existed.

Then it says "the Earth Became void".

After that God creates all life over again and seeds mankind all over the Earth in six measures or Eras.

Mankind existed before Adam and Eve of the Garden were created in the Eighth measure (After God rested.) The Hebrew man and woman (THE Adam and THE Eve were created to "Til the soil"...)

I follow the teachings of Christ.
Not men in funny hats.
No denomination or particular organized group. Though I was once ordained in the Universal life church, before it became a tax shelter.

I was baptized Catholic and left the Church at the age of 6.

Most are evil, greedy liars and thieves.
There was one (now dead) but still on the air who always spoke the truth.

Sorry I only answered half of what you asked.

My faith is due to a cloud parting as you call it.

When I was first seeking the real truth after many years of religious struggles.

I encountered what I thought was the holy spirit. (hearing voices) These voices lead me to several foolish acts and I was arrested. I was beaten by a police officer and placed in a cell. I was sure I would be convicted and serve time. Forever a schizo criminal. I prayed to God to forgive me and to guide me or force the voices to leave me alone. In that moment the voices stopped and an overhead speaker called me to the main door where Iwas handed all my personal items and released with no bail or further charges, even though I had been apprehended breaking into a families home, and had terrified the homeowner and his children with my religious rantings.

Why put your faith in some imaginary alien when you can just believe in yourself?

Because I'm weak-minded. I don't have a courage and confidence to face the harsh reality so I pray to God in hope of solving things for me.

Because if there s no God it may as well be "He who dies with the most toys wins". And if that were to be true even a Sup Forumstard like you would find me to be despicable.

TLDR Do you want to be my slave boy?

You are not OP.
And have ended this thread.

-OP

That's a great answer for a "weak-minded" person
but you have to realize that there is no God you speak of its only you playing some mind games with yourself.
And unfortunately that's what religion is about... political mind control.
I respect u parrot person and I hope you find your true self.

>That is millions or perhaps billions of years. During which the Dinosaurs existed.
I don't recall reading about dinosaurs in the Bible.

>Then it says "the Earth Became void".
Could you please cite book, chapter, verse? I will admit my memory is not perfect, but I don't recall a do-over.

>After that God creates all life over again and seeds mankind all over the Earth in six measures or Eras.
Could you please cite book, chapter, verse? I will admit my memory is not perfect, but I don't recall any eras.

>Mankind existed before Adam and Eve of the Garden were created in the Eighth measure
This is fascinating. Where do you get this extra information? It's not in either the KJV or New English versions I've read. Are there other books that proclaim the Word of God that you know of?

>parrot person

is this you OP?
Life is about what you want it to become nothing else, there is no rules other than mutual respect.
Don't you see? we've evolved from different species we're part of this world and all the things in this universe, having conscience helps us determine what's best for everyone but sticking to these types of traditions only puts us one step back...

What do you think of Islam and the bible OP ?
(Muslim here)

remove yourself ahmed

no u cletus

Genesis
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void;

The word was in Hebrew is "Havaya" it occurs 12 times in the bible and except in this instance is always translated as BECAME.

So if we follow the proper standard the verse says, "2 And the earth BECAME without form, and void;

So God destroyed every thing that was here and started over. The Jews call it "Tuhu eh Vuhu" The great destruction it is not the later event called Noah's flood.

The Jews do not discuss this event with Gentiles.

I have to stop here because the only thing I can not tolerate is when folks enter a thread and reply as if they are me.

Sorry my replies prior to this could be trusted but now some joker is impersonating me.

Abandon thread.

Islam is the scripture lawyers of the Abrhamic religions. They extract all of the rules call them laws and then their high priests do what ever the heck they want while demanding you follow the laws.

Christianity is not altogether better except that they behead heretics far less often.

so... u ignored wat i said that's very christian of u

You sound new to atheism lol

Like this. Mostly bc it seems honest, and the reason, I feel like most religious people have blind faith in their specific religion.
But how can you follow the rules of a text that you and many others disagree on the translations and interpretations since it's creation.
Are you just overall giving into the fact that we are specs in a universe we don't understand, and you are trying to align yourself with the energy/deity that rules it. And Christianity is what you were born into, so you're comfortable following it bc fuck it....not like there's any other guaranteed universal truths?

I named 2 books here.

They are what you need.

Companion Bible IS KJV though heavily annotated.

If God knows the future (because he's God dumbfuck), then why would he bother to give us free-will?

Also how/why did he became God, there was a saying about the 4th consequent blood moon, and I believe that from 2011-2015 there was a blood moon every year, theres a saying about "Yall fuckers gonna die when the day after the 4th bloodmoon comes up".

I did? I am sorry.
I did not mean to.
But there is now an imposter in the thread and I fear continued replies may be confused due to fake posts.

>Christianity is not altogether better except that they behead heretics far less often.
I suppose you're right, I'm not religious or anything so I didn't know but according to my Quran we have to kill pagans ? Christians and Jews are exempt but pagans we can't let off. I didn't even know to be honest.

That post was NOT OPS.

How many natives died when the promised land was reached, and who ordered the genocide?

Time is relative and an omnipotent being would not be bound to the 3rd dimension. Transcending dimension. It's not really possible for us to comprehend because we have a 3 dimensional existence

I am Lucifer the bringer of light. I am here to save you my child, don't resist, just let it go, it will all be over soon..

Not op BTW

I was born without a religion, but I love to learn about others beliefs.
Atheism isnt something to make fun of only if you're a fanatic same goes for any religion

Even still. You do seem like a modern scientific human with Christian beliefs. Which I'm ok with. But is this why you have faith?

Then what makes you such an expert on a being that can't be understood by 3D dwellers like us?

Born and raised Christian, now atheist.

I don't begrudge anyone for believing in something that says you live forever and will be reunited with the ones you love. Add to it society says it's true and it's kind of hard not to.

when you become an atheist you go through stages like a person who find god later in life, I.e. Born again Christian. You think you've figured it all out and have to tell everyone. People who don't agree with you are to dumb to get it. But then you settle in to nihilism and stop caring as much. After a long while you relies alot of people still need religion to either strive to be good or just to keep from blowing their brains out.

Just follow the principals of benevolence and forgiveness. Generosity and humility. Do use it to justify hatred and prejudice.

Why did god put a talking snake in the garden?

No you are not.
If he was here it would be no secret we all would know. We just would mistake him for Christ...

Why won't God help me?

>Is this

Sorry what "this"?

It is a figure of speech.

Lucifer was an angelic being.

See Genesis 6:4 it happened more than once before all Nephilim were banned from Earth (Upon Christs death.)

Why don't i believe? I've looked, I've asked God to reveal himself through whatever medium he thinks would be most effective, I've talked with priests, preachers, and pastors, I've read the literature, both bible and modern, and I've gone to churches all over my state. All that has done is prove religious leaders butcher the English language and contradict themselves a lot.

deeds not words.

You have to help yourslf or seek help from others.

God can only whisper in your ear.

No heavenly beings are allowed on Earth right now. It is just us humans on both sides of the battle (good v evil.)

>1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
>2 And the earth was without form, and void;
Yes, I get that bit. That's the creation. I don't see how it's twelve or eight times over. There simply isn't that much verbiage up titl this point to accommodate that many "becames".

>The Jews do not discuss this event with Gentiles.
Yeah... ar mph... This seems like a pretty big difference in translation that would have been caught by Hebrew-speaking monks a very long time ago. When I hear cabal/secrecy stuff, red flags go flying in my mind.

>So God destroyed every thing that was here and started over.
I don't see that erasure. I see only the creation. Where is the part that this appears, even in mistranclation?

>I have to stop here because the only thing I can not tolerate is when folks enter a thread and reply as if they are me.
Uhh... okay.

>I named 2 books here.
The concordances. I may even look those up.

Are you saying Lucifer is like Sauron and he can shapeshift into any being. Like how Sauron tricked Elves by posing as their brethren under the name Annatar.

David had to along the rock was a saying that always stuck with me.

You don't believe cause it ain't real. Sorry. It sucks we only exist in this a-moral world for the little time we have. Still though if your lucky you get to love and be loved by others. It's still feels good to do selfless acts even if its not for tokens you cash in after death. Hope you find a little comfort in that.

Had to sling....fucking auto correct

Then perhaps you are innocent in all of this.

You may be fooled when Anti-Christ arrives or perhaps you will already have died?

God will forgive you.
He is not going to hold you to mine or the popes standards.

If you are seeking the truth and do not find it? Just struggle on with your doubts and look forward to one day returning home.

Google Arnold Murray and Shepherds chapel maybe they can help.

I am confusing you, sorry.

Eras or Measures called "days" in Genesis.
Seven are mentioned one is assumed.

God rests on the seventh day. Then Gen 2 tells the Story of HaAdam and HaEve. or THE Adam and THE Eve. (Not to be confused with the creation of mankind also called *mistakenly* Adam and Eve in Genesis 1 on the Sixth day.)

>So God destroyed every thing that was here and started over.
>I don't see that erasure. I see only the creation. Where is the part that this appears, even in mistranslated?

I gave it to you here. Really. the earth BECAME without form, and void.

Havaya is "became" not "was" use a concordance an look up the word.

Sometimes you have to work and read deeper into a verse.

What passages phrases can I contemplate to help me quit nicotine?

Inb4 serenity prayer

TIA!

* Or *

Well that prayer is a good one.
I don't recommend verses in that way.

If you smoke and want to quit use what has worked for others.

Go does not cure such things because we want him to unless it meets his needs.

You started the habit so quit or don't.

( I am a smoker too. I become such an angry asshole when try to quit that I have decided to just live with the addiction.)

No one talks about Jesus dying and descending into hell. Why did he descend into hell and what was he doing there and how did he get out?

When jesus comes back will he be jewish or christian?

Why do you think jewish and christian mythology is any more relevant than other mytologies?
You do realize if you were born in like Yemen you'd worship Mohammed?

He closed it down.

All souls were returned to the Goeth to await birth and their time here on Geol (Earth) we may even now, be them. Hell is now reserved for the white throne judgment after all humanity is gone from Earth. God rules hell not Lucifer. Lucifer will be its first new prisoner and hopefully its last as well.

He will be the second angelic being you are likely to see in this life. None of us will meet him in the "flesh" we will see him off in the distance of the sky or space coming toward us.

The first angelic being we will encounter will be well televised on its arrival and most will mistake who it actually is. as I mentioned before.

BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT
BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAITBAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT BAIT

Jesus was fake
and gay.

I think the gospels appear in all things.
inspiration can come from anywhere.

This is my path to share.

Who God may have chosen as avatars is not up to me and I simply would not throw a stone at another man over his religion or mythological beliefs. simply teach to those who desire to hear me.

Where is this written about hell?

In your heart.

Hebrews 12:29 among many others
Lucifer is a liar not a destroyer.

I'm a Christian, and my faith is unshakeable, but I just realized a very important thing.

I just realized that the World and everything in it is complete shit. You know what would make the World a better place? Honestly loyalty, love, and trust. But no. Humans think only in their own self-interest, and they can't be trusted. People will manipulate your emotions just to fucking lie to defraud you out of money. People will murder your soul, and possibly even your body, for a mere few hundred dollars.

You know what would be nice? People who are actually honest, and really care. That would be a welcome change from the literal human shit that masquerades as "friends", "girlfriends", and "lovers." But good people don't exist. No matter how good you are to them, they will fucking betray you as soon as it feels right to them for any of a million selfish reasons, without any care for me, or the emotional, spiritual, or financial fallout.

Human beings suck. The government is shit because PEOPLE are shit. The World is shit because people are shit. Treat someone nice, they take advantage of you and abandon you after they're finished using you for what they want. Treat someone like shit, they keep coming back to for more, just like a dog returning to its own vomit.

So you know what my new policy is?

Fuck everyone and every thing else, and look out for myself above all. And if anyone steals from me and makes themselves my enemy without good cause, they will be treated as such. No more mercy. No more mister nice guy.

This world is foul and evil, and so is everyone in it.

So fuck it, and FUCK THEM. I've slowly awoken to the reality that there's no sense in caring about the World, or other people, because no one EVER fucking cares about anything but themselves. So if the World burned tomorrow, it wouldn't be much of a loss at all.

Would it?

What do you make of Muslims trying to invoke sharia law in predominantly Christian countries. Do they follow the same God as Christians but interpret the faith differently?

AMEN!

And I am sorry you had to discover all that in anger. Christ knew it, and I discovered it in sorrow. "Forgive them Father for they know NOT what they do." Men are greedy selfish Children. Try not to be too angry of an adult your eyes have been opened.

Yes, exactly..

They extract every rule call it a law and murder violators.

Same God though. These are the offspring and adopt-ees of Ishmael...