Who is the best artist of this decade and why?

Who is the best artist of this decade and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V8ErPlNdzko
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeezus#Personnel
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kendrick and Kanye

Radiohead

Schuyler Neal
youtube.com/watch?v=V8ErPlNdzko

grimes

Grimes, the list goes on...

Ty Segall
Very diverse but maintains his artistic integrity and sound

Popularity wise I think Royal blood will be the popular band that defines this decade in the future (when talking about rock music)

Viper

Franz Ferdinand & Sparks

Prodigy and Bjork take you places. Don't know where but places.

Joanna Newsom because HOOM blows every other release from this decade out the water

Yeah it's honestly not even fucking close

What about her awful voice? What about her retro boring harpy music? Are you impressed by this childish album?

Bon Iver, Sufjan Stevens, King Gizzard, Kendrick Lamar

Her voice isn't awful, you're just a pleb.
>retro boring harpy music
Are you saying it's boring because it includes a harp? Or because it uses "retro" instrumentation? How is it "childish"?

Ed Sheeran

iceage
most consistent and exciting new band imo

elliott smith

based user

also, check'em

GRIMES

the only correct answer

HOOM might be AOTD but Holter is far more prolific and consistent. Divers was pretty weak

What about Grimes who did 4 great albums in a row + 1 ep this decade? She's way better than Julia Holter. Julia does kinda bland music with no power in it.

the thread ended here

this qt p2t right here

Fleet Foxes, Joanna Newsom, Kendrick Lamar, Sufjan Stevens.

One of them

Kendrick for obvious reasons.

Death Grips. I mean seriously.

>Death Grips. I mean seriously.
Really?

Baba O'Reilly

He's a prophet, he killed Jenny as promised.

Welp, maybe I'm being too subjective and entry-level, but from my point of view they've been one of the most outstanding figures in music industry in recent years. They are recognized by highly respected artists (most noticably Björk, Bowie, Kanye). They've been incredibly productive with absolutely no (imo) decline in quality and constant evolution of sound.

If not DG then at least Zach Hill is worth mentioning.

Joanna Newsom
Nicolas Jaar
Sun Araw
Death Grips
Julia Holter
Sun Kil Moon

Julia Holter

Grimes first two albums aren't even close any of Julia's (I love Grimes too btw).

>Fleet Foxes
kek

Fair enough. I'd pick Grimes instead.

They are once you pay attention to them. I thought they were too weird but they clicked after a while. Julia's albums are fairly pleasant but unfortunately they're too static, too wishy washy. I can't remember anything once I finish listening to them. Wallpaper music.

ITT people who think their favorite artists are album of the decade, even though the thread was over after the first post

Fucking deluded hipsters on this board baka

weirdness isn't the problem, they just aren't all that great. She was still learning how to make music and it shows.

>even though the thread was over after the first post
It wasn't. Here was the actual end Kendrick and Kanye are 2 mere rappers (fast talkers over dank beats) who need a shit ton of producers and collaborators to make a decent album. Talent and skills? Not even 1/100 of Grimes' talent and skills.

Stop overrating these hacks.

This sounds like that Facebook "Kanye Who? I only listen to real music ..." meme page.

>Elliott Smith
>this decade
I wish

i agree about zach hill, maybe nick reinhart too but zach is balls out creative

>implying kendrick relies on his beats or collabs in his songs.
>Implying Kanye hasnt changed popular music history more than anyone in the past decade.
>Implying grimes isnt just some Sup Forumscore mediocre artiste
>Implying Grimes is

>Kanye
>Of of the GOAT production discographies before he ever started rapping
>Reliant on producers

I would think Highly Suspect over Royal Blood

Both are momcore shit.

But who else would normies remember as far as rock music in the 2010s? The Black Keys is the only other logical answer

>Reliant on producers
See this en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeezus#Personnel

And pic related. Explain why this list is so big if you pretend he's a genius and not a hack.

>Implying grimes isnt just some Sup Forumscore mediocre artiste
Just your shitty opinion.

See this too

never said he was a genius or that he didn't rely on beats, even though he was a huge producer before a rapper. just that hes done more to change the artistic landscape of popular music than grimes has or could.

>that hes done more to change the artistic landscape of popular music than grimes has or could.
He's done through his antics not his music. In 10 years his popularity will be very low. People are already tired of his bland "music" and arrogant behavior. His latest 2 albums were terrible.

>this decade
Tyler the Creator. Ghost. Blank banshe. HOME. KYLE. Captain Murphy. Death Grips.

>why
Because taste is subjective and this is what i like