Why shouldn't sports be banned?

Why shouldn't sports be banned?
It takes up too much of societies time.and energy when we could invest that into science

Other urls found in this thread:

is2.Sup
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

T.Neil 'The Grass' Tyson

Entertainment

Only pro sports should be banned.

not everyone is smart enough to be a scientist

>tfw to intelligent too watch sports

He's right you know.

We should be putting our efforts into more important things like proving the theory of relativity or the Emoji movie

t. Richard "Totally a Scientist u guise" Dawkins

Why shouldn't science be banned? It invented the nuclear bomb and Television.

Sports generate money, and you need money to do science.

Sports being the opium of the people is a bullshit belief and the easiest way to filter pseudo intellectuals.

Well he kinda is.

It doesn't actually make money
The money is already there
Sports add nothing to culture

exactly
kinda

Biology is as much sciene as sociology.

is2.Sup Forums.org/wsg/1482038193027.webm

panem et circenses

I'm not even sure who's trolling anymore

To distract the poor and cap their potential in society.

Sports have helped in some medical adavances, especially orthopedics and rehabilitation.

If you believe they add nothing to culture, the problem is the culture you're living it.

This wise man answers all your questions.

If your culture can be influenced by people kicking a ball around, your priorities need to be sorted

I would be okay with this but ONLY if all other non-science forms of entertainment were banned too. No more movies/TV/videogames unless they're made for educational purposes. No more social media, no more alcohol, absolutely no fun allowed unless it advances human science.

If you're going to be a tfw to inteligent for sportsball faggot then you have to be consistent. If you ban sports for wasting resources that could go towards science then you have to ban everything that wastes resources that could go towards science.

That makes no sense.

People kicking a ball around should have no impact over your daily lives

If your idea of sports is people kicking a ball around, it's no wonder why you think it adds nothing to culture.

There is nothing to sports than running fast or playing with a ball
It's cucks like you who put meaningless shit into sports that ruins society

see

>sports add nothing to culture

No one can be retarded enough to think this, can they?

don't worry, he'll probably learn from his mistake and pick an academic work on the subject instead of parroting whatever he finds on the internet

Again, sports adds nothing to society
It creates nothing
It's just another way for rich people to scam the poor

A Fedora picture is just you denying the truth

Isn't it an embrassment your country cares so much about people hitting a disc with a stick on ice?

>It's just another way for rich people to scam the poor
No, that's just sports entertaintment. Like I said, if you think sports add nothing to culture that's really your culture's fault.

Me posting a fedora is nothing different from you calling anyone who disagrees with you a cuck.

If sports was banned from the Earth tomorrow it would change a goddamn thing
We would all get along just fine
Probably better since no money would be wasted on sports

>If sports was banned from the Earth tomorrow it would change a goddamn thing
I suppose you meant "it wouldn't change a goddamn thing". However, it would certainly have an impact on society, and not just monetary.
>We would all get along just fine
I'm pretty sure most of the international affairs in the world have nothing to do with sports.
>Probably better since no money would be wasted on sports
Because sports and sports entertaintment don't have an impact on real state, rehabilitation, orthopedics, cross cultural development, college foundings, etc; right?

You need to understand 2 things, science and sports aren't mutually dependable. The money "wasted" in sports isn't even near the money invested on just the pharmaceutical industry, let alone the rest of the sciences.

Sports entertaintment isn't the same as the idea and definition of sports. Sports have always had cultural signicance throughout history, and to this day the impact it has on ancient and contemporary culture is still studied.

I recommend you read some articles of the
International Review for the Sociology of Sport journal.

start with Hollywood, at least sports help to motivate some kids not to be fatasses.

When I meant "We would all get along fine" I meant no real impact
Maybe you'd be depressed but you would get over it
Maybe I should have phrased it like "If aliens came down and wiped all memories of sports from our minds, there would be little impact"

Now your other points are true but not to the point you think
Real estate markets would just shift, orthopedics would you know still exists because injuries still occur, and those last two are bullshit

The money is still wasted. If only part of your house was on fire, you would still try to put it out

>If aliens came down and wiped all memories of sports from our minds, there would be little impact"
We would most likely develop the concept of sports again. It's something that gathers the human needs of competence and relatedness.

>Real estate markets would just shift, orthopedics would you know still exists because injuries still occur, and those last two are bullshit
No shit, if you remove any element from a system it would shift. If it changes it means that it actually has an impact on a system.

>The money is still wasted
You said earlier that the money is already there. That would mean the money isn't wasted at all, if anything it keeps the money in motion.

And like I said, you need to understand that sports don't "steal" money from science. They aren't mutually dependable, however, they can both influence each other.

What exactly did you mean money "generated" by sports?
Because the money already exists, it's just shifting from one person to another
You aren't adding value to anything
Now if no money was spent on sports it could go to charitable organizations or towards scientific research but those probably wouldn't happen
But the mass amount that is spent on sports is taking away from something else