Holy shit was it really that bad?

Holy shit was it really that bad?

I haven't seen it in probably a decade or more.

Every critic who rated it, would understand it at all. They are not the target demo. If you aren't familiar with pokemon and the tv show story, it would be an incredibly confusing movie. The movie didn't bother to explain everything about pokemon, because it's audience already knew about that shit.

Also I got a sweet card with my ticket, so fuck ratings.

not really
watch the memegia critic video about it, he bitches about ash being turned into stone and then comming back because of pikachu tears, yet the fucker loved frozen where the same exact thing happens.

It was.

if I remember correctly this is the only instance of pokemon killing people in the series

>62% liked it
>3/5 average rating

why are rt user such a plebs?

Critics are totally shit. They give Pixar films 10/10 scores, but shit on things like Pokemon. First movie came out when the Pokemon fad was high, and people were getting sick of it. The adult film critics are not the target audience, and don't get it. Read their reviews, they just shit on the concept of Pokemon and call it stupid.

If you like Pokemon, you like the movie.

It was stupid of them to cut out the prologue, and force the movie into 4:3

old mewtwo was so creepy
he was like a mixed fetus of human and monkey

the animation is dogshit
the writing is dogshit
everything about it was dogshit
you would literally only find value in it if you were already invested in the pokemon universe. then you'd probably enjoy seeing pokemon on a movie screen.

t. someone who had a childhood birthday party where we all went to see pokemon the movie. i feel sorry for putting my parents through this shit.

>If you like Pokemon, you like the movie.
retarded autist fanboy alert.

Every pokemon movie is exactly the same, they're just shitty cash ins

It was shit and I do like pokemon.
Try to watch it again without your nostalgia goggles on.

It wasn't a good movie. The plot is very rushed, you miss out on the backstory that sets the movie up, and the ending is so fucking cliche it hurts.

I remember I had a birthday party to watch this movie when I was a kid.

The dub version fucking sucked

This
Ancient Mew is God tier

That came with the second movie

I watched that movie at some kids birthday party

Every movie
every game
every episode of the series

Can't wait for Sup Forums's tears when Rotten Tomatoes pans the Koe no Katachi movie.

It was bad even for a kids movie

I only went for the promo cards, It was so shit the cinima was empty so the women at the ticket box gave us a shit ton of cards

That's because Doug is a hack who panders to the lowest common denominator (tumblr).

Forcing our pokefriends to fight eachother is cruel.
(Fast forward to end)
What are we doing out here again? Nvm let's go find our next cockfight match

Prologue was too dark for western countries.

Some of it was really boring, my mother actually fell asleep for half of it and she would sit through any old shit.

Sup Forums isn't Sup Forums they don't give a fuck about reviews or what anybody thinks about anime besides what Sup Forums thinks about anime and even then they cannot agree on anything and say everyone has shit taste on the board.

Essentially Sup Forums's views on the anime community is.
>Everyone in the west outside is a plebeian with shit taste who does not understand and browses /r/anime.
>Japs have shit taste because they only want cute girls and not cutte girls, good story and animation and since they dictate what sells no good shows get a season 2.
>Everyone on Sup Forums has shit taste and is wrong unless that person agrees with your views

Real Sup Forums doesn't give a fuck about reviews either. It's reddit and advertisers that post about it.

I loved it back in the day, my father who I forced to watch it with me probably didn't like it all that much.