Sup Forums, please fucking help me

Sup Forums, please fucking help me

I keep getting these little bastards in my basement, for the past month. I've probably killed 40-50 of them in that time. On the patio outside the basement, there are at least 20 of them lying dead.

What the fuck are they? Why, and how do they keep getting in? How can I prevent them? I hate killing the little bastards but I'm at a loss. What the hell are they? I live in west Michigan.

Other urls found in this thread:

doyourownpestcontrol.com/centipede.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Second pic

centipede maybe? can't tell since you turned half of it into an insect soup

got any more pictures of them?

doyourownpestcontrol.com/centipede.htm

I call them centipedes, although I'm not 100% positive that that's technically what they are. We have them around here. They're harmless bro let them go do their thing. don't worry about them.

Mealworms

Average centipede. Some BugBGon should do the trick. Don't worry, they are harmeless

This doesn't help identify the kind or why they're coming in
File size is too big and I can't resize on my phone
They may be harmless but there are too many. Like I said I'm basically killing two or three every day

Oh

Looks like a millipede, they have way more legs than centipedes. Mills are harmless vegetarians while centipedes are carnivores with a nasty sting and travel really fast.

Incorrect

Well, they look like that thing, and mealworm beetles mate like crazy, so that explains 2 things
>what they are
>why there are so many
So, they're horny beetle maggots

they love humidity

they are probably warming up on the pavement or are attracted to the scent of the already squished ones looking for a mate., not much you can do.
Must be a bumper crop of them this season so don't feel too bad you aren't hurting the population just weeding out the slow dumb ones

But they eat bedbugs and roaches.

They only sting when encroached and aggravated. Leave them be.

It's been super humid outside but I have AC

>This doesn't help identify the kind or why they're coming in

get rid of the damp in your house. clean up all the trash and organic debri you let collect around your house. clean your damn gutters and keep them clean. make sure rainwater is draining away from your foundation. keep your house closed up on humid days and run your a/c or a dehumidifier to dry your basement out.

fuck man, just use your head.

Thanks. I'd still like to know the exact type

alright, i'll look

Millipede. Get a repellant residual and do a perimeter spray inside and out. Look for heavy mulch or long standing ground moisture around the home. It's where they live and breed. Spray these areas heavily and try to dry areas if possible.

Holy shit, we just put black mulch all around the home

The mulched area is getting/retaining to much moisture giving them a breeding site and a home. Dry it up and spray it with a residual should take care of the problem. Home defense product would work. Or go online and look for a product called tempo sc works fantastic. Pest control technician here..

Now you know why the house was for sale.

At least it's not black mold. We're all gods creatures, etc...

Natural remedy. Mix chlorine and ammonia and stir evenly. Then put in spray bottle and you have a millipede free house

Dude, thanks a lot. Is it just a regular millipede or do you know the exact type? Is there even an exact type?

Also the mulch is pretty flat throughout the gardens, all evenly laid. I wonder if they just came with the bags

Super original dude. Good one.

Or just use mint and basil crushed together with some saltpeter and sand

Most likely they were already there once the mulch came in the moisture level increased dramatically. After all that is what mulch is for to retain ground moisture in the area the mulch is in. They are considered an occasional invader meaning they have no reason to enter a structure but they sometimes will, specially if numbers increase outside. Two options less watering in mulch areas, probably not first choice if you just put mulch down for a reason I'm assuming. Second option get you a pump sprayer and some tempo sc and spray. After a few sprays you will see your numbers drop quickly and then do a monthly perimeter spray and you won't see them in the house.

Thanks so much. I wonder what is drawing them into the house to begin with? There's nothing interesting in here. It's never humid inside at all

Polydesmida millipede moving on tree bark.jpg

is that a fucking shrimpe

I was thinking more like Apheloria virginiensis corrugata

Well that is their natural habitat, your flower beds and shit. Spray heavy, make them go to the neighbors house haha

Those are yellow striped, these are brown/tan and black
Thanks. I really don't like killing them, I think they're quite cute. But the amount is something I can't deal with anymore. Definitely going to look into the tempco sc.

There is a site, domyownpestcontrol dot com. You can find it there. It is a commercial grade residual and at least in my state you have to be licensed to use it. But if you can get it enjoy it. Works great

Here's for your help

no worries. Best of luck to you. And I approve that message

Looks like some kind of arthropod.

they are niggers

almost 100% certain this man is correct