Let's try this again Sup Forums. Recommend the best horror movies and games you know of...

Let's try this again Sup Forums. Recommend the best horror movies and games you know of. Make sure they're scary as fuck. Games have to be on PC and I really prefer that the movies be in English too cuz subtitles really kill a horror movie for me.

It follows

I saw Forrest Gump once.

Holy shit, thanks for the recommendation pal! I've never even heard of that movie!

Just watch The Shining, or if you want something really scary, watch Never Say Never (The Bieber Documentary.)

'Nam was a pretty scary place.

Go play through the whole Silent Hill series 1, 2, 3, 4 (1 is only PS1 but there is a torrent with a preconfigured emulator)

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

Isn't 'it follows' that junk about an STI ghost?

>I really prefer that the movies be in English too cuz subtitles really kill a horror movie for me.

Sucks to be you. You're missing out on a lot of excellent Asian horror films.

An anti-sexual harassment PSA staring Phil Lamar they made me watch at Taco Bell

It's a shit movie and I don't know why people praise it beyond getting to see teenagers have forced uncomfortable sex.

Rec was fairly decent s'far as a movie goes. I also enjoyed Silent House, and The Uninvited.

Yes, except it wasn't junk. It just wasn't a jump-scare horror film that Hollywood typically churns out.

Paranormal on the PC

Might not have been jumpscare but damn it looked like junk - a ghost STI fucking hell

I've heard 'The Suffering' can be pretty scary but not sure if you'd be able to find a copy (comes on PC too)

How's Homecoming?

I thought you made some shit up but this movie is real. I don't know what to think anymore.

I'm actually watching REC right now, only 10 minutes into it though

I think it depends on what kind of horror you're into.

Like we talking ghosts, big animals, monsters, serial killers etc

It's the gayest of chick-flicks

>"it looked like junk"
>he didn't even see it
why do people who don't experience things feel the need to let the world know their opinion on those things

Kill yourself. Now

Cause I don't need to watch something to know that it's stupid.

A story about an GHOST WHO IS AN STI

Sounds dumb right?

>an kek

Honestly, all of those seem appealing to me. I haven't played a ton of horror games but I've played a couple recent ones or at least partially played them (RE7, Evil Within (I think it was underrated), Outlast) but I'm open to trying any type of horror game.

Martyrs!

Watched that a year ago, I loved it.

Sucked.
Too long
Very slow
Not scary

I'm not the fastest reader so subtitles kinda suck for me.

It's a great movie. Enjoy.

You'll learn to read faster by watching them, should give it a go

Recently watched Eyes of my Mother on Netflix. Loved it. Very decent modern Black and White horror flick. Like a cross between Martyrs/In a Glass Cage/ and Eraserhead.

Understood. A lot of people dislike or can't keep up with subtitles. I have to admit with some Japanese films, I've had to back up and use Pause to catch all of the dialog. I have my speed limit, too.

Take this and shove it up your fuckin' asshole!

The French version: yes!
The US version: hell no!

The French version left me unsettled for several days.

Has anyone seen horror movie with a disfigured mute kid who is given a welding mask by some strange dude in the woods? I think it starts with the kid killing his brother's friends after prom or something.

Pole: the Lexington Steele biopic

There were some scenes in Antichrist that made me turn away from the screen... anyone else seen it?

Sounds a bit like Friday the 13th. Disfigured and has a mask (though it's not a welding one) but I know that's not the film you're looking for. Can I get a rough time period? (80's, 90's?)

It's called Weldface

Watch "Weldface", it's fuckin' bad-A

>mentions mask
>sounds like friday the 13th

kek'd

Just another faggot child trying to act like a fuckin' film historian

I tried. TBH that's the first film that came to mind when he mentioned mask and a disfigured kid.

And yes I know there's a fuck ton of other films with masks. Just stating what came to mind when disfigured kids are mentioned too.

The conjuring 1 & 2 are terrifying.

Leave this place

It's just a different sort of horror. In a genre primarily dominated by jump scares, one doesn't have to be amazing to stand out, only different.

> child

I'm 32.

The Thing. John Carpenter. If you haven't, do it

Shitty haunting films. Up there with most shit mainstream "horror" films marketed to pleb teens like The Gallows and Unfriended.

I thought the babadook was kind of a trash movie

Do this. I highly recommend doing it with a proper surround sound system as well. Nothing is more unnerving than hearing those sounds around you.

Original is much better than the remake/prequel that came out not too long ago.

The Void is a good movie and recent.

Based on your post I really wouldn't admit that it I were you

Yes to the French "The Martyrs."

Also, the scariest movie I've ever seen is "Audition (1999)." I HIGHLY recommend it. It's a slow build; I wasn't even sure I was watching a horror movie at first, but keep watching.

That was very decent. Surprisingly good. Though I wasn't too huge on the direction it took near the end.

Decent body horror film that uses puppets, just like The Thing.

The "original" was back in the 50's. John Carpenter's version is by far the best of the set.

Please eliminate that gif from the net

The first Conjuring was the only film in the recent jump-scare genre that I could actually tolerate enough to watch it a second time.

>I'm 32.

Okay. "Man-child" then.

I mean, my father had it on VHS and I kinda grew up on those films. So it's only logical that my mind went there first given mask, disfigured child, revenge, serial killing, that OP described.

Call it nostalgia if you will.

It ran about 80 minutes too long...

The horror involved is more about the characters than the ghost.

Spoilers, kind of: Not that the characters are turned against each other or unable to trust each other but rather that they've got this huge morbid weight hanging over them at all times and it wears at them psychologically little by little. The only way to save someone is to sacrifice someone else, and even then it's only temporary. At the end of the day they will all eventually die.

The Thing from Another World, yeah, I forgot about that one.

I'm just gonna leave you alone now

This is hands down my favorite movie of all time. However it is more Thriller than horror.

>"Audition (1999)."

Yes! Takashi Miike is such a brilliant director/writer. Very underrated.

I've actually seen this twice already.

kek

The Thing from Another World (original; pretty cool)
The Thing (John Carpenter; greatest film ever made)
The Thing (new; heap of shit like everything else made these days)

Man vs.

it's on jewflix kek

The Evil Dead TV series is pretty good if you're into horror comedy and liked the original movie series.

I saw it a very long time ago (1975?) and the only thing I remember is that it was a bit cheesy which is very typical of films from that era.

12 year old edgelord nigger-naut supreme detected

I agree with everything aside from you calling The Thing "the greatest film ever made"

As for horror films, I'd place Eraserhead and Alien over it. It's still in my top 5 films though.

You must be a super oldfag

Agreed. I love me some John Carpenter films. Prince of Darkness still gets under my skin after seeing it 20+ times.

Also, if you haven't seen any of the "classics," do it:

Psycho
Carrie
The Shining
Halloween
Alien
Silence of the Lambs
Frankenstein
Rosemary's Baby
Cannibal Holocaust
Evil Dead
Evil Dead 2
The Exorcist
28 Days Later
Night of the Living Dead
Dawn of the Dead
Day of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead

There's a reason they're considered some of the best ever.

IIRC from a Night of the Living Dead documentary, horror films back then were actually intended to be family friendly and the type of films that kids could go see. That's why NOTLD was so controversial. It wasn't family friendly.

So the cheese factor could be due to it being family friendly.

Eraserhead is nothing more than a series of surreal images strung together. An inventive college film at best. You've revealed your pretention

Cannibal Holocaust is a work of art that defined and Kickstarted the Found footage franchise. Cannot it enough based upon the artistic and historic value.

54 year old edgelord if you must.

Watch more of Takashi Miike's films (including Ichi and Visitor Q) and tell me he is not a master of his craft.

Assault on precinct 13! Terrible acting, great music and beautiful shots. Typical Carpenter at that time. Too bad his talent went away as soon as 1990 rolled around

SILENCE OF THE LAMBS IS NOT HORROR!!!!!!!!

It really isn't, though...

Anything that tries to be scary or is supposed to be "scary" can get the fuck out right now because it isn't. Fucking bitch at me, I don't give a shit. Wish I never wasted time on any of these shitty recommendations you ill-advised faggots try to project on everyone. True horror is waking up every day, turning on the news, and seeing the daily, unimaginative Trump humor.

I really beg to differ. People talk about "unfilmable" novels - if they exist, then I think Eraserhead is an "unwritable" film. It is an expression of surreal horror that absolutely needs a large screen, a clear speaker, and a dark room to properly experience. You could describe it as pure film, especially if you accepted the use of sound in that descriptor ("pure film" is really about images alone). I'm not claustrophobic but I think that Eraserhead gets as close to evoking that feeling as any film (Pi is another great example of that). The pace is steady, slow but unrelenting. You know you're unlikely to see anything truly shocking or gory but you're constantly uncomfortable about what you will see next.

My favorite thing about Eraserhead is that you could describe everything that happens in the movie in precise, specific detail to someone and they would still be shocked and confused when they actually watch it. Eraserhead is the best recreation of nightmares that I've ever seen in a movie. The crazy imagery might seem strange and otherworldly, but they're all rooted in actual fears and anxieties. Henry's social awkwardness and the people he interacts with (such as Mary's mother and father) are just real world scenarios filtered through dream logic (or un-logic, as the case may be). It's such an interesting psychological portrait of the protagonist (and maybe Lynch, if Henry is a bit of a surrogate) that expertly uses sensory details to sell its strange world.

It's irreplicable, a vision and work of art that was under complete control of it's artist. I think it's one of the greatest examples of the auteur theory. That being said, it's not what makes it a masterpiece it is. It's a cliche to say but for me, it just a completely indescribable experience. Everything about the technical aspect of cinema from cinematography to sound design to set pieces all are used to create such an experience. It's not a film to "get" but a film to "get into".

54! Well I'll eat my hat. I remember his Master's of Horror episode, probably the best of the series, now that I think about it...

54 year old spergelord (or so I am told). I was alive for the 1982 greatest year of movies ever.

Friday the 13th on Halloween. Michael Myers Krueger is the killer

No, it's shite

>So the cheese factor could be due to it being family friendly.

I'm okay with cheese. I love good B horror films.

The year I was born. An oldfag for sure, but you've achieved wizard status