What are some of the movies that deeply unsettled/disturbed you? Not in haha lol thats gross way...

What are some of the movies that deeply unsettled/disturbed you? Not in haha lol thats gross way. The kind that sits with you for weeks, months, feeling disgusted with humanity.

>pic related
>a whole bunch of irredeemable degenerates doing degenerate things
>kids killing cats for a chinese restaurant
>kids fucking retarded prostitutes
>girls nonchalantly talking that they're going to drown the kittens if their cat gets pregnant
>girls getting groped by creepy fuck while their 10 year old sister is in the car
>all other fucking shit's that's probably even worse
>this scene... youtube.com/watch?v=xFN6Lu2olRU
>you smell like wetback dick
>that was probably the most fucked up scene for me
>it's all done in a sort of semi-documentary style, so it makes it even worse

I think Harmony Korine may be a demented genius even if Spring Break was a tremendous pile of shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2-FjO3E8K-E
youtube.com/watch?v=T6LQRikA2kI
youtube.com/watch?v=hyB4Vx-TavQ
youtube.com/watch?v=dKhURjt9x5A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Any sandra bullock movie.
why the hell they exist?

what is this movie about

what did he mean by this?

About what i wrote about. No actual plot, just reveling in degeneracy, Couldn't look away from it. Like a car crash.

would you recommend it to someone who is going through some bad shit in their life?

Because she's a quite good looking woman. Looked through her imdb, i can honestly say i've never seen any movie with her. What about her movie makes you profoundly upset?

springbreakers was genius you pleb

BEGOTTEN

dark as fuck too, explains the birth of gods. Interesting if you can handle it

No, fuck no. Stay away from it if you're in a bad place. Then again, i'm not you and don't know how you react to things. If you're me, and going through bad stuff, stay the fuck away.

Edgy teen detected

Stick to John Waters

Couldn't give less of a shit if i'm a pleb or whatever else. Spring Breakers was a boring, dull movie that bore none of Korines disgusting heart as shown in his previous films

It made a nice poster tho

>Korine may be a demented genius
No, he's a total dumbass. Like, he's literally fuckin retarded.

Pic very related.

Borderline adult

you were close

No one who made a film this disgusting and retarded could be actually be this retarded...

Men Behind the Sun

I've read that they tortured actual animals to death on this... Saw Cannibal Holocaust, no thank you, too much. Despicable pieces of shit.

>playing the "edgy" card

get back to 9gag you autist

he's not wrong you edgy faggot

black mirror, 1 or 2 of the episodes
the hunt, the danish movie with mads mikkelsen

he is you edgy scrublord

Oh shut up

oh boo hoo, you mean like the cows and chickens and pigs that got tortured to death so you can eat whenever you want? shut the fuck up

Oh saw this, really fucked.
Here's another depressing, realistic one ,
directed by a brilliant English actor.

Who cares about that the movie is about mass torture of the prisoners the Japanese caught

i first saw kids, ken park and cannibal holocaust when i was like 16

i dont know why i wanted to be more depressed

>Incest is disturbing, meh

Watch The Cement Garden and come back

Incest is wincest here at 4Chin

lol pussy

i don't, so shut the fuck up, presumptuous friend

Oh hell, Kids and Ken Park are truly the movies you want to see if you want depressive realism. Korine wrote both of those i think.

Do you think there are people actually this fucked up in the world..?

So fucking boring but made some of the best gifs there are.

Are you mormon or something?

Not really. Did your gramps locked up your grandma and fucked her until she was dead and did your dad got very drunk and tried to suck your dick?

America and black metal..

>black metal

youtube.com/watch?v=2-FjO3E8K-E

pretty sure they have Gorgoroth and shit on that soundtrack too

Fuck off the site.

you're probably right. i haven't watched gummo for several years.

I'm not phased by many movies like Gummo or Pink Flamingoes...but the original I Spit On Your Grave is one of the harshest movie experiences in recent memory, for me.

Ignoring the 30-minute rape scene, the whole movie is cruel and unrelentingly bleak.

It follows The Texas Chain Saw Massacre's method of setting up over-the-top death scenes but having the victims die in the most plain way possible, which really fucks with you.

Maniac is pretty disturbing and works in the same way as I Spit on Your Grave, by mixing realism with a seemingly amateur production to gain an unnerving and real feel.

Had that torch scene stuck in my mind for quite a while.

there are teenagers who are much worse

Gummo is a dark, vaudevillian comedy. I can see why people would be unsettled by it, but I think that's only because they haven't seen Julien Donkey-Boy. Talk about feeling grimy and depressed.

Best thing about this movie was this soundtrack, and it introduced me to Sleep.

I liken this film to watching a disease spread. Its just a gritty film. Enjoyed it tho.

Someone needs to make a chart for this. Disturbing-core or something.

I gotchu senpai

Santa Sangre
Gummo, or White Trash - The Movie
Nekromantik
Make-Out With Violence
The Woman

QUIT THAT MOODY BROODING
ALL THIS MOODY BROODING
I JUST DON'T LIKE THAT

> A Serious Man

deeply existential, but fucked up? how? because of their ending and impending death?

WABBITS ARE KWEEOHS

youtube.com/watch?v=T6LQRikA2kI

Based Gummo

>mfw watching Herzog drink cough syrup from a sandal

I didn't make that chart, but I think it's because of how deeply depressing the whole affair is. The implication of the ending and all that. Just feels like...despair.

Didn't see any comedy other than Harmony black gay midget scene. Guy was very clearly taking a piss and it was moderately funny. Other than that, it was extremely bleak and depressing for me.

Downloading Julien now, thanks for the suggestion. I do like Herzog, from what little i've seen.

Seen, pretty good. Some very blatant inspirations from Eraserhead. Would reccomend.

>Much of Korine's work is based around the dark humor and absurdism involved in dysfunctional childhoods, mental disorders, and poverty.[35] This is often incorporated into surrealist, non-linear forms and presented experimentally (see the mix of Polaroids, Super 8 and 35mm film that makes up Gummo). Blackface, tap-dance, and minstrelsy are common elements to Korine's work.[36] "I'm a huge fan of vaudeville – like Fanny Brice, Eddie Cantor, and Al Jolson... There's this random tragedy associated with the decline of the vaudeville entertainer, which is a theme in Gummo that I completely stole from vaudeville."[37] Like vaudeville, the narrative of Korine's work is abstract and works by association. Korine compares this concept to a book of private photos. On their own each photo would be seemingly random and devoid of context, but because they are compiled in one volume and presented in succession, a narrative exists. "That's how Gummo was written."[37]

sorry for all the text, but it's interesting insight

that's true, it definitely is depressing. i like how the different ways they tackled the unknown and us searching for answers, whether it be interpreting some dude's teeth, to a random car crash completely 180ing where you thought their marriage would go, to seeking guidance from those who we think have it all sorted out, only to find out they're full of shit too and just hold it together better.

white people

Ta, chum

>Gilbert Grape
Leo's best performance.

>Leo's best performance.

absolutely agreed. 2nd best is The Aviator imo

I felt like being inside the mind of a self-loathing jew.

overrated desu

Hey, thanks. It's a very bleak photo book still for me,,,

Society is already disturbing enough. Why make movies about it? You could just turn on the news.

What about Salo? That Italian one
Or the Man behind the sun

>Leo's best performance.
Tell me about it. How he didn't win, i don't know.

>not really

So you're a little bit Mormon

The scene in The Road, where they meet the guys that are basically human cattle, just living in a basement with no lights, waiting to be eaten.
Just fucking horrible

Read all about it. how's it the most fucked up movie of all time. Watched it. Couldn't take it seriously for a minute, like a grotesque comedy.

honestly, I loved all the nominees that year equally. It's a damn hard choice and they probably assumed that the 13 year old would do even better as an adult. Alas...

only seen jews list and in the name of the father, but goddamn if that fucking kid didn't give the most convincing performance of all time.

johhny depp also got robbed of the only oscar he deserved for ed wood, if we're getting of topic

Only figuratively, and only for you bae

Why is white thrash scarier than any other race's thrash?

>hasn't seen The Fugitive or In the Line of Fire

they're both comfy/dad-core as fuck, but in the best way

How has no one mentioned Eraserhead?

Particular scenes that still haunt me:

youtube.com/watch?v=hyB4Vx-TavQ

youtube.com/watch?v=dKhURjt9x5A

It was pretty shit to be honest.

I read somewhere people thought Leo was mad handicapped upon its release and were shocked to realise it was an act. Not sure if this is true as i never bothered to look it up afterwards but i could totally believe his acting.

Its both easy and hard to pinpoint a great actor and great acting. I think this is one of those few times for me.

I've heard the same thing, I think it's true in some small capacity.

So that's where Jared Leto's Joker got his whole thing from?

That's one patronizing smile if I ever saw one
i want the fucc

completely disgusted with humanity

Oldfag here. Yes, since Leo wasn't that well known people thought they had used a real handicapped person for the role. Then later when he became famous with Romeo + Juliet and Titanic people who remembered him from Gilbert Grape started reacting to the fact that he wasn't handicapped.

Oh, you want to play that game