NFL is a scam

>net worth of over a billion
>family worth several billion
>want the taxpayers to just give you money to build a new stadium for the team you own and charge tickets to see

This will be a continuing trend and rightly should be. Especially when the current, paid-off stadium is still perfectly suitable.

>but it's ooolllddd gibs money or we move

Scummiest shit imaginable and I feel for you chorgerbros. Hopefully the team gets zero support in LA and can't even fill the 27k "stadium". Maybe that would send a message.

Having a net worth of 10 billion for example doesn't mean that you have (easy) access to 10 billion $, in reality most billionaires only own a very tiny fraction of their wealth in liquid assets.

Next you're going to tell me you'd rather pay $200 for sneakers because those kids in China deserve a decent wage.

How is it a scam? Nobody is forcing cities to pay for stadiums.

they're billionnaires precisely because they pull this kind of cynical shit

Just borrow the fucking money

And yet no sports team in Europe has ever used public funds to build a stadium. Really makes you think.

and the argument that new arenas build revenue for the whole city is pretty bupkis too

it's all just a tax scheme

thing is, in europe, corruption is under the table, whereas in america, it's built right into the system

I stop you right here: this one cost 402 millions € and was supposed to be entirely funded by the club.

Yet it cost the city 170 millions to build the public roads to access it.

>170 million
Where the fuck did they build it?

patriots self funded
packers owned by citizens of green bay

see, in america, there are lobbied rules, laws and shit that let nfl franchises use public funds right out in the open.

in europe you build the stadium with your own money and get your politician buddy to build the roads

I thought Robert Kraft owns the patriots?

by self i mean kraft
was arguing the tax dollar thing cause kraft is filthy rich

Near Lyon, in the Rhône valley that is already extremely cramped and where the land is rather expensive. They had to build a whole fucking infrastructure to create an access from the highway passing close to it, and all the other access from every sides.

Don't worry, I just checked and they still got several dozens millions of subsidies from the city and the region.

Plus in France we have this thing called PPP (for Public-Private Partnership) which was supposed to make things easier and reduce the cost for the state/regions/cities when they want to build big stuff, but of course in the end it's just a massive scam for the profits of the building industry and the detriment of the public finances.

>packers owned by citizens of green bay

how does this work if you mind me asking

t. supports a fan-owned team

europe is changing too I guess. the aristocracy has to be much less evident these days all around the world. americans were just doing it first

but like, go to eastern europe man, can't open a fucking sandwich shop in the middle of nowhere without paying out the ass to a greasy politician. the fucking mayor of zagreb built fountains with city money for no fucking purpose, they didn't even work, he got sent to jail for stealing millions from the city (unrelated), then just walked out somehow right in time to run for prime minister. oh and the fountains worked just in time for the big party he was throwing right before the election.

we have convicted war criminals in parliament because they're powerful men and you can't do shit about it. one of the richest men in croatia ran over two people and fled from the scene like a fucking maniac, and the defense that held up in court was that he was scared of blood. this was after he cut an italian sailboat in two and killed the occupants because he was porking some kid in the bilge of his power yacht while on autopilot. and they're all in on it, you can't touch them. makes me appreciate this country so much

it's not taxpayer ownership but more an opt in to buy stock that you cant sell and it doesn't pay dividends . nobody is allowed more than 200,000 shares at $250 each that anyone can buy

basically you get to vote on things like which shareholder gets to be put on the board and actually run the team

this makes it so the only way the packers could move to LA is if LA citizens bought a ton of stock in the packers, successfully won over the board, the board would put it to all the holders to vote and then they would move

>this capcha
>twin peaks coming back this may

Fans are the shareholders of the franchise, and a franchise can't move without the consent ot the shareholders. So, as you can guess, the Packers won't ever move from Green Bay.

>People don't fill all the sits of the stadium once
team leaves
>People won't pay more shekels for tickets
team leaves
>the taxpayers without healthcare won't pay a new stadium
team leaves
>the owner wants to make even more shekels so he sell the franchise
team leaves

Amazing system you have there burgers