Just listened to this and am now in love

Just listened to this and am now in love.

Any good reccomendations? I've been really loving noise / folk / psych music recently.

Listen to the Mount Eerie album of course, it's sort of a continuation on The Glow pt 2 but it's a bit different, weirder.

Cool cool thanks.

I just started listening to "The Sun" track and am already hearing the same fog horn sound and samples from i want wind to blow.

Yeah it leads off with the quiet crackle from My Warm Blood and then turns into very much its own work.

You are literally describing First Utterance

yeah not sure what that means

the album nvm I'll check it out lol

Comus - First Utterance

Prog/Psych/Freak folk album from 1971, huge influence on Current 93 and Opeth

Check out his latest, A Crow Looked at Me.

That's on the list. I heard it was real hard to get through. Thanks

Hard to get through not in that it's bad or inaccessible but that it's truly, horrible sad.

Listen to visiting friends by anco - if you like it, listen to the album sung tongs by them. But if that ends up being too poppy there's also campfire songs by them

I tried listening to this album last night and really wasn't getting it. Why do so many people on Sup Forums like it, exactly?

you're a big bitch

try these
The Love of Everything - Superior Mold and Die
Joan of Arc - Live in Chicago, 1999

what were you doing while you listened?

just listened to Diana... it's crazy. It'll probably grow on me.

Really just going through his studio albums chronologically is great because of how he writes his songs. A lot of things you won't get unless you've heard previous albums.

ty boys

Stop! What is wrong with you? Enjoy the music. Listen to it several dozen more times. You don't need to find new music. If you've only listened to it once, you owe it many more listens, during which you can come to recognize and appreciate the minutiae of the album.

nah I've listened to it a few times in the past week or so. Just looking for more similar to it.

I love almost every track on the glow pt 2.

Mount Eerie parts 6 & 7 are pretty great as well

As another guy said, Comus were a huge influence on Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth, as well as Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree. They've collaborated on a Progressive Psychedelic Folk album called Storm Corrosion. It's mostly atmospheric, the dark and gloomy kind, and not very noisy or abrasive. But check that out.