You are beating the shit out of Superman when he looks at you and says "Save Martha"

>you are beating the shit out of Superman when he looks at you and says "Save Martha"

What you do?

Btw he was just trying to kill you and you have no idea who the fuck Martha is, expect she shares the name with your dead mother.

Save Martha

Stagger backwards and look confused

how did he know my mom's name?

Am I mentally unstable and obsessed with the death of my parents?
Have I given myself over to the idea of killing an alien because years of taking down small time criminals has amounted to nothing except more violence and the death of someone I loved and was responsible for?
Do I not care if I survive this encounter because carrying it out is the only chance I have of creating a worthwhile legacy?

Holy fuck it wasn't that they had the same name you dense fucks.

Batman thought superman was just some alien that recently came to Earth and didn't respect humanity. By saying "save Martha" he's showing that 1. He cares more about a human than himself 2. He was raised by humans making him respect and care for the planet and 3. Show batman that he was forced into this conundrum

Batman also feels parallels to his mothers death since he is now in the position that the murder was in when his family died. But thats just 1 small part.

You're greatly overthinking this. Kind of sad actually

Its one of the dumbest scenes in film history.

>muh parents have the same name its so deep

You have to be genuinely retarded to appreciate this scene.

Yeah, just turn your brain off lol

OMG WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME

WHO IS MAX RESDEFAULT

>he was just trying to kill you
*citation needed*
He repeatedly told him to stop and made it quite clear that he could kill Batman whenever the fuck he wanted to, but chose not to.
The fight only got serious when Batman started kicking his shit in.
So then it would be self defense.

The sad thing is, it's one of the most emotionally honest and character-reflective parts of the film. One of the few times it almost makes sense the way a movie is supposed to.

Oh my god. I'm Joe Chill. I shot my own parents

DC movies are too hard to understand for simpletons.

>make his last words the same last words as my father's

I didn't watch any of the new superman movies, and only watch BvS (ultimate) recently.
I thought the worst scene was the batmobile chase scene. He needed to blast open the boat (made of composite or wood) but it could just slam into a concrete/brick (likely steel reinforced) wall with no issues?
Def a 7/10 movie and better than I expected from what people told me.

When Supes said "they are going to kill & save Martha" it just shook Batman a little (my mom's name is also Martha and hearing her name reminded me of her too) then came Lois and told Bats that Martha is her mother(Superman)

Then Batman finally understood the "irony" of his position and the errors of his ways.

This movie is literally for 8 year olds.

What if Supes's mom was also an Alien named Martha?

>Then Batman finally understood the "irony" of his position and the errors of his ways.
which is something the movie is full of, different ironies that mostly are reflective of perspective against reality

do you remember the scene on the roof?
>Batman: your parents probably told you you are special

>He cares more about a human than himself
Batman doesn't know it's a human name. It could be Supes's brother Kal Martha, or a fucking dog.

> He was raised by humans making him respect and care for the planet
Batman does not know this information at any point

> Show batman that he was forced into this conundrum
Batman does not have this information. Saying 'save Martha' does not convey this information in any way.

personally i wonder if bruce thought he was under attack the moment superman said martha

nothing seemed out of the ordinary so he interrogated superman for answers as to, of course, why he said that name

these

>last words are nah I'm not gonna do it

*freeze frame*
*record scratch*
*look at camera*
"What did he mean by this?"

SAVE CIA

He threw him through a building

OMG you idiot that one word obviously makes sense and isn't a cop out in any way. Them having the same mothers name isn't just a stupid coincedence, it means something. It's not like the whole story would fall apart if Superman's mom's name was "Karen" instead.

>Them having the same mothers name isn't just a stupid coincedence, it means something
what does it mean?

The way I see it, Bruce Wayne became batman because of his parents death. His parents got killed right in front of him in point blank range.

Pretty sure Bruce thinks about it every single moment and superman saying the name Martha was probally the last thing he expected for him to say.

so if anyone says "Martha", batman will lower his defenses?

>Btw he was just trying to kill you
jesus, rewatch the scene you dense fuck

I was being satirical, I think it's stupid.

Why every nigga here thinking so deep
is very simple actually, this scene
means only that batman cannot become person that kill parents.
he no want happen to superman what happen to him.

>threw him through a building
>tried to beat the shit out of him.
What was he trying to do? Tickle him? If he wanted to just talk he has a funny way of going about it.

motherfucking this
Bats became a crazy sociopath with all that happened to him and what he had been doing up to that point.

>so if anyone says "Martha", batman will lower his defenses?

No, the thing is I'm trying to say is, batman was probally just focusing on killing superman and didn't expect superman to say Martha. And then Lois coming in saying it's his mother's name, batman either thought it would suck if a mother lost her son or that superman was like everyone else.

Also since very few people know that batman is Bruce, maybe Bruce assumed superman was planning on killing his friends/family.

ask Who the fuck is martha?

and stab him

How can you say no to this face.

ITT: DC fanboys in denial making up excuses because they don't want to deal with the fact the DCEU is ruined beyond repair.

His ALIEN parents. :^)

i'd say anyone mentioning his parents would fuck with him

i know batman rip had the black hand fuck with batman through his dad

the point is that it of course, at the moment, fucks with his head, and it's only after lois comes in and the full realization of what he's doing hits him does he back off

before then, it's not like bruce *wasn't* going to kill superman, he was just taken off guard and was looking for answers

ITT: people looking for easy ways to validate themselves because they don't want to deal with the fact that people have valid reasons to be interested in the DCEU

>ask him why he would say that name while I am about to kill him
>get interrupted by Lois who explains that despite being a super powered alien god Clark is just a good guy that wants to help people above all else
>stagger backwards realising I am losing my grip on what humanity is, what my own sense of justice is and how being haunted by threats from the past has made me jaded and cynical
>realise superman is the hope the world needed
>go and fucking save Martha

Kill him and then kill Martha for the lulz

Thats literally what happened

>how martha and bruce were positioned when he saved her

i'm pretty sure he had a better idea

By LOOKING AT THE TOP OF HIS HEADDDDDD!

I kill him.

I completely get the reasoning behind the scene, but it's still absolutely retarded.
Superman doesn't talk with batman, he doesn't try to explain it, trough the whole fight, in all opportunities he had to try and reason with batman, he didn't.
And that's COMPLETELY retarded and breaks both the fight and the conclusion
It's okay if they keep fighting and the thing that stops batman is "save my mom" (not save Martha, fuck you, no one calls their parents by their names) but at least make superman try, make him a human we can understand and relate to, not a fucking superpowered self righteous killing machine.

Uhhh yeah after which he LITERALLY said

>stay down! If I wanted it, you'd be dead already!!

Just how retarded are you?

I would brand him like I do any other common criminal because I am an egomaniac dressed in a batsuit.

>Btw he was just trying to kill you
don't forget, Superman also wrecks havoc wherever he goes and your whole plan was to kill him all along

When I first saw that image in the catalog, I could have sworn it was Cara Delameme,

What are you whippersnappers rambling on about?

Stop bringing this ugly man into every thread please. Its great the GEICO caveman is getting work, but he makes me uncomfortable

>be me
>go on reddit
>question cara's attractiveness
>downvoted
wtf i have nu-males now

>Think internally "Martha? Huh that's weird that's my mums name too"
>*stab him in the fucking face*

I wouldnt be trying to murder someone for what he MIGHT do in the first place due to not being a homicidal facist

It was because of the name. That's why he was screaming why did you say that name over and over again.