What the fuck makes this nigger so good?

What the fuck makes this nigger so good?

Seriously, I listen to his "songs" and read his lyrics and it's like a fucking 12 year old wrote them. And they're making a fucking movie about him now?

Either redpill me on why this fucking artist is a musical prodigy, or just confirm my assertion that he's an overrated fucking dindu.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wqUjmupcAGI
youtu.be/nkJA6SYwa94
youtu.be/XW--IGAfeas
youtu.be/NRWUs0KtB-I
youtube.com/watch?v=EyoutEHpPAU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He said nigga a lot, which makes him cool. You wouldnt understand

it's garbage. anyone who's standards for hip hop are "biggie and tupac" you should just ignore.

>he's not as good as tupac
like wtf does that mean, why is tupac at the top of the bar fucking hell

Verse 1 from one of his most famous songs:

Picture perfect, I paint a perfect picture
Bomb the hoochies with precision
My intention's to get richer
With the S-N double-O-P, Dogg, my fuckin' homie
You's a cold-ass nigga on them hogs

Pure shit.

Bump

I've never understood it either, he really sucks

To a certain degree i can understand the whole thing, like esgy teenagers who think they have it ruff and wannabe gangstas n shit. But yeah i will never understand why selfish methhead dipshits get to much attention... Hate tool for the same reason tbh

He tried to change where he was from to make it a better place. It was like black Jesus for the area. Dude also got into acting too, so he was all over the board for reasons he was popular.

Tupac and Biggie imo are both overrated. Don't get me wrong, they both did some pretty good tracks but then again most rappers have a few good tracks.

I think what it comes down to is a mixture of nostalgia and the fact that they died in their prime. People like to look back on their tracks with the memory of them being awesome when they first heard them. And the fact that they died in their prime adds to the illusion of them being the best just because they never got the chance to get stale.

Tupac in his day was an awesome rapper. He had good flow with his lyrics and he had a great voice for rap. Same with Biggie. Rap had a different style back then that both of them kind of mastered and were the stars of. It is just a generational thing. Music changes. The music before them sucked too. All music that is presented to you by producers of a billion dollar industry sucks. It just changes for each generation and only seems cool at the time. Now they are cashing in on the nostalgia of idiots, like they do with everything. When you get older and wiser you will see the patterns of media producers.

But his lyrics are shit. Seriously, how could anyone dispute this fact? Just read them lol.

i never really understood rap in general. It's mostly brainless hype music for people who were slowly brainwashed as children into believing that rhyming about bitches and money was cool.

He wasn't like that before Death Row. Listen to his earlier stuff like 2Pacalypse Now. You'll never hear any modern rapper make a song like "Brenda's Got A Baby".

he was so good that even 20 years after his death white boys on Sup Forums are talking shit about him

/thread

Im black. It doesnt change tge fact his lyrics were written like an autist and he had no real talent. And now their is going to be a movie made about this fucking idiot.

So glad we are talking about this, I feel the same way about Kanye

My biggest problem with Tupac is people praise him about how he rapped about all this 'deep' shit, like socioeconomic problems at the time and how black people are fucking shit up and blaming white people, yet he did fuck all and just rapped about shooting people up for fun in his next songs. But people still praise him. Really dont understand it all

Niggers gonna nig.

>hate TooL

Hey now, i started listening to TooL back in the early 90's and their sound and timing were unrivaled by anyone else. And they only got better.

You are right that TooL has cancerous fucking fans that make it cringe.

But I still hold other bands to TooL's standards

Holding out for the new album, hope its not shit.

Hope it raises the bar for good rocknroll because all this whiny fucking Seether and Three Days Grace shit fagging up the radio waves is enough to make me want to boil my ears.

You cant tell me that when when the epic riff intro for Vicarious doesn't make you tingle every time.

Biggie is good..Tupac is crap.

Exactly, imagine nobody would stop talking about Eminen this days if they kill him on his prime.

I prefer bans like Alesana and Chiodos to TooL anyday. Atleast at their concerts its flooded with hot chicks and not 40 year old men.

and both are niggers

>it's like a fucking 12 year old wrote them
The average reading level of pop culture song lyrics has decreased steadily since it's rise. its been at a 6-7th grade level for a while and soon will be at an elementary level, already is for most of that kind of music. there is an agenda being carried out to produce stupid people, and it is working. that's why this shit is popular--it's at the intellectual level of the majority of the masses.

they let you use computers in prison ? or did you break in someones house and use their computer?

Let me elaborate a little then. Im not against the music itself - i agree, they were innovative in a way and the odd time signatures and all that. the problem that i have is what you said - every tool fan that ive met is a weirdo and puts then on gigantic pedestal and or what? because the guy who was on ketamin and was injecting vodka in his veins sung about anal sex and dipshits though oh its not about anal sex its about something else. should i go on or u get my point?

>Tupac in his day was an awesome rapper
>All music that is presented to you by producers of a billion dollar industry sucks
choose one.

Don't see anyone making a movie about you faggots and your rise to fame against all odds.

lol ur a nigger

>And they only got better
Tool epitomizes 'bands for frustrated teenage boys'. If you never grew out of them, it says a lot about you, hence the cancerous cringe fan base...

>they were innovative in a way
no. they were not.

I mean when somebody calls a nigger a musical prodigy you shouldn't expect the next bach or mozart.
His music is ok but i think it's his legacy that makes him so popular.
You know niggers think you are a cool guy if you act savage and talk shit. Look at Ali. They call him the greatest and all he did was converting to islam and being rude to ppl.
2pac said he was a gangster and he's not gonna take shit and he died instead of taking shit. I can respect that. Still this nigger was crazy.

Every dirty muslim lebo cunt in Australia has some sick obsession with tupac, are muslims overly obsessed with him in other countries too?

Sup Forums in a nutshell

Tupac at least did the shit he rapped about, I know that black criminal culture is shit, but at least 2pac lived it, he didn't pretend and I hate rap but Tupac was pretty sick IMO.

pure shit indeed

his song me and my girlfriend is a metaphor for his relationship with a gun, it's some solid high level writing. That was tupacs thing - wasn't the nest musician, but what he said was the most potent. He was a good writer first.

sad part is most if not all this thread is posted by wiggers

Watcha saying, niggaz? Dhat muggafuga G is the PIMP, g. Only GOD can judge him.

youtube.com/watch?v=wqUjmupcAGI

No I get it, and It very clearly was edgy most of the time. I just like the instrumentals. I dont even own one of their albums or t shirts
I did outgrow them, and your right, when i was 18 19 I was edgy with the tool thing.

But I keep a few of their songs on a playlist and sometimes when me and my brother( older now with wives and kids ) hear a TooL song its like hear an old classic.

" hahah dude member this song? that was like our whole summer back when we smoked weed and shit "

" Yea man, have to admit though their instrumental were the tightest "

You implying im some kid that sits around all and listens to this shit. Im like 33 years old haha

>No movies about Lord Pretty Flacko Jodye 2.
>The prettiest motherfucka.

>He tried to change where he was from to make it a better place.

>" hahah dude member this song? that was like our whole summer back when we smoked weed and shit "

>"Yea man, have to admit though their instrumental were the tightest "

Op is a faggot
youtu.be/nkJA6SYwa94

youtu.be/XW--IGAfeas

I thought they were among the first ones to use the tuning, the longer song duration, the whole depressive vibe, the fibannochi thing? Not arguing. Would actually apprecite it if u redpill me on that

My ex had a tattoo of their eye on her forearm. Told me tool was the greatest thing that happenwd to her and so on. She will be 31 soon and still wears tahirts and all that. People are weird.

tu pac and biggie were both just arrogant punks who thought they were bigger than everybody else.

not really much to redpill. like a thousand prog bands in the '70's had long songs with insanely virtuous instrumentalism and wacky time signatures. indian music structures are pretty interesting numerically and those have been around for thousands of years...depressive vibe? that was like every -wave band in the late '70s-early '80s...the guitarist was good, but nothing groundbreaking. danny carey was pretty bad ass too, but again, there were plenty who were just as good or better, and that whole arranging the kit to sacred geometry thing just seems beyond superficial...it's rock, not the key to the universe, that's just their marketing.

So if I google that fucking song and read the lyrics they won't be pure shit? I'll fucking take you up on that. Let's see these "solid high level writing".

*googles*

>Shit, you mothafuckin' right!
>I'm the bitch that's keepin' it live and keepin' it hot
>When you punk-ass niggas don't
>Nigga, westside! What?! Bring it on!

High level writing right there... but maybe it's just the intro? Let's read on...

>We bail out to take the jail back, niggas united
>Our first date, couldn't wait to see you naked
>Touch you in every secret place, I could hardly wait
>To bust freely, got you red-hot, you so happy to see me
>Make the frontpage primetime live on TV
>Nigga, my girlfriend, baby 45 but she still live
>One shot make a nigga's heartbeat stop

You think this is good writing? Get the fuck out lol

to each their own...i hung out with my girlfriend from junior high, on a visit back home, i guess we were about 30 or so and i hadnt seen her since h.s., that dummy had a 'dmb' tattoo (for dave matthews)...and she was going to get another...it was so hard trying to hide my cringe... some people tattoo cartoon characters on themselves ffs., whatever floats your boat i guess. like whatever you want, that's cool, but if you advertise it, people are going to draw conclusions, right or wrong.

He was one of the greatest story tellers in music

youtu.be/NRWUs0KtB-I

rofl Keep Ya Head Up has the shittiest lyrics. The other one was just a shit song in general.

Are these his masterpieces? Or wtf are you talking about.

i forgot, theres also a crapload of alternate tunings people have been using as long as the guitar has been around.

>Seriously, I listen to his "songs" and read his lyrics and it's like a fucking 12 year old wrote them
Shit's pretty deep when you're mentally 10.

lowering any expectations to the absolutely bare minimum, this song was decent.

shit for music and video though.

LOL are you serious? Kendrick Lamar - Keisha's Song

>Im like 33 years
i was a senior when undertow came out, so you were a kid back then, since you say you were listening to them in the early '90s.

shut up Tyrone.

Same.

He created his own 'philosophy/lifestyle' and really ran with it

...the THUG LIFE...and its not really about whit ppl think

Its not about being a Thug - hey imma shoot you n steal your wallet

Its more of Thug - the Negro who wakes up for the struggle of survival every day... who has a gun because he has to constantly watch his back.. who will stand up for his n his own. ..and who simply wont back down and screams Fuck tha World

That was Tupac Shakur

I rate rap and always have. I hate niger culture and always have. That said, I thought he was awsome in the movie Gang related and thought he wouda made a decent actor. Better then Ice cube and his beverage bro Ice Tea anyway.

ok makes sense. thanks. never listened to music from said periods so i thought tool were one of the first ones.

ur right. idk why it still pisses me off tho, she wasnt some mindless groupie or whatever. anyhow, as u said - to each his own.

So he invented nigger moments?
He created a culture of lawlessness?
He encouraged people to break the law, then bitch when the repercussions come from the authorities?
He promoted gun culture in a negative light, then is surprised when every nigga on the block is gonna shoot you?

Jesus fucking christ these people are dumb as fuck. And so are you!

People have different taste.

yeah some people likes preaching to a fucking pedophile and cutting people's heads of.

doesn't mean it's a taste equal to all other tastes.

He's just a dope individual.

Black culture is synonymous with drug, violence, and gang culture. Tupac was a symbol of that culture and through his music he inspired a generation of confused black teens to adopt this degenerate culture. He was a scumbag who profited off of the misery and violence of his own community.

All he created was structured raps about stuff hed witness growing up

He went full Method thats it wasnt after all his songs that he actually started to partake in the shit he rapped about

He had no control over the lawless environment he was thrown into

And by the end it did get him out of there

Okay op show us what kind of music you think is good so we can really cringe

The fuck are you even going on about?

youtube.com/watch?v=EyoutEHpPAU

To a lot of young people this would be a " tight ass flow "

But really I dont understand how this ugly punk ass nigga got a record deal in the first place.

He's up there with lil wayne and drakes faggot asses

Fucking Ying Yang Twins i can listen to better than pac an fatass because at least their shit is suppose to be dumb and they own up to it.

listening to shitty rap music promoting violence and gang culture is not equal to listening to other genres. Jesus christ, was that not obvious enough?

I call myself a kid when I was 17 18 19

Listen to the track 'Outlaw'

This should help explain things a little

I'm too stoned

Most people in this thread dont even care about the music at all, just what the social following of some musicians. Just a heads up but every single musician has a cringy part to their following, dont worry about other people.

yeah most people don't know shit about shit (even though they think they do) until they're around 30, and only realize it afterwards, if ever.

>Drive-by's and niggas die, murder without a motive
>By makin' motherfuckers fry
>Got me runnin' from these coward-ass crooked-ass cops
>Helicopters tryna hover over niggas 'til we drop

You gotta be kidding me... you 2pac lovers keep name dropping songs with shit for lyrics, as if they would prove anything.

Dude biggie was ok. I never cared for tupac or 50 cent.

Most people dont know about shit ever, you dont gain special knowledge when you hit 30. Everyone thats 30 and above is also just as clueless and lost as everyone else, they just have more experience and might have developed a comfortable and cushy life.

Who are your favorite artists? Post some lyrics you think are good

art imitates life

>as clueless and lost as everyone else
>they just have more experience
self-contradictory much?

He was posting that as an example to prove the point of the post he replied to. You're a fucking retarded faggot who has the reading comprehension of a middle school dropout. This post and your existence is a serious argument for eugenics.

2poc is Dr dre farther and is black

What?? Sounds legit?

Cops are crooked

Experience doesnt equal understanding life you dipshit, you can be a plumber and have a house and wife and make good money but really you will still know fuck all or even what happiness means

>what happiness means
What does happiness mean then you fucking libtard shill?

I have no idea and you throw around political slag like a fucking retard, theres more to life than your bullshit safe bubble you made for yourself you fucking nerd, stop being so negitive and go fuck yourself

You're a child I don't expect you to get it.

You wouldn't get it, Hillary.

Brenda's got a baby
Life goes on
Picture me rolling
Dear mama
California love
Hail mary

I make no comment on rap as a political or cultural movement, but as a musical genre it is garbage.

There is nothing there. There is nowhere for it to go. Every interesting beat or hook is stolen from older music that was actually good.

Black people have given us so much incredible music last century. People will still be enjoying jazz and funk and gospel and rhythm 'n' blues in hundreds and thousands of years time.

Hip Hop? I fucking doubt it.

>ruff and wannabe gangstas

His songs are 50/50. Half are pseudo-socio-political songs, the other half are thug life.

Your options are:

- his lyrics don't speak to you personally and your autism prevents you from realising that you aren't everybody else

- you've only encountered the thug side of his music

- you just have a strong bias against the music genre and refuse to recognise talent within it

Just google and you'll find your answers. It's not even worth arguing with others opinions. A lot of things made Tupac great, most of yall just listen to his "popular" songs they played on the radio. If you really want to figure it out, i suggest you listen to his other songs that weren't as "gangsta". Dude was a poet, yes he did have his "moments" but i can guarantee you that there isn't a popular rap & hip hop artist who did not have theirs.