How much longer until starfleet becomes real?

How much longer until starfleet becomes real?

We currently:
>barely get objects in orbit
>racist and xenophobic societies
>takes 3 months to get to Mars

Never

But when vulcans make first contact that all can change

Shut up fag

Im just saying all we need is a warp drive and everything will change

>All we need to do is disobey the physics Einstien figured out

FIFY

Starlet already esxist

At one point people thought the world was the center of the universe, the earth was flat, we'd never get to the moon. Shit changes man it only takes one person

What is starlet

Probably never knowing our gay earth. At this point I would settle for a replicator or a holodeck. Hell even a sonic shower or a tricorder would be worth it.

It's kinda really hard to avoid fundamental properties of matter dumb dumb

Science is always changing

Standing on the shoulders of giants.

"Science changes with new discoveries, therefore magic is real."

Interesting how almost a hundred years later and this fundamental property hasn't, hmmmm

Meant to reply with this awesome pic here

The warp engine was created AFTER earth goes through a couple hundred years of ass. Atomic war fucks us up then anarchy fucks us up even more. 2300 is when the food times start.

For thousands of years and in india people shat in the streets but then the toilet was invented. Things are discovered/invented all the time. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it can't

Newton revised Aristotle's thousand year old laws of motion.

Einstein revised Newton's 300 year old.

I never said magic was real. Scientific break throughs happen

Interesting how with our current leaps in tech since and countless universities doing research in physics that no one has...also we still use newtons laws of. oTion they work jus to fine under most situs

Probably never, if you're traveling faster than the speed of light and hit a small space pebble, it would rip your ship in half

I know this is opening a whole other thread but Paul Dirac is the most outstanding person in that picture.

And hardly anybody even knows who he is.

Then we build shields

He is a great but just about everyone in that pic is a great scientist as well. I'd love to sit in with those nerds

Yet no one has yet defined what 'matter' even is...

There is no unified theory.
There is no equation for what gives objects mass.
There is no unified equation for gravity.

What it comes down to is that it's highly likely that for the last 100 years, we've either been on entirely the wrong road (as a species) or we're staring right at the answer and we're simply too stupid (as a species) to grasp the concept.

It could be something simple but it would be like teaching fractions to your dog. They're never going to get it.

>implying inventing toilets is somehow comparable to violating fundamental physics

>under most situs
At school, maybe.

GPS satellites need to factor in Einstein's Relativity equations to compensate for the speed that they're moving relative to the surface of the earth.

A GUT will never happen, the laws of the microscale are very different that the macro

Higgs boson, e=mc^2, quarks and gluons, etc

that's a long time to wait for supper.

motion of everyday object are perfectly described by newtons laws of motion

that's why we will invent the ability to traverse subspace where normal matter cannot exist without subspace generation

stop watching sci-fi movies and pick up a physics textbook fool

I'm implying that inventions change the way we live. But fine. For millions of year people said space flight was impossible and everyone just thought it was a crazy dream but then we built rockets and sent people to space even though it was "impossible" then it was "impossible" to go to the moon but guess what we fucking went there to. As long as we keep making advances its not impossible. There are people in space right now for fucksakes

200 years, about what was in the story,

And they're already theorizing about how warp drive could work

this is preferable

Wrong. The original series takes place in the 23rd Century. That means 2200's. The 2300's are the 24th Century, which is Next Gen. So going back to Star Trek Enterprise we should get started in about 100 years. We're actually on a different timeline now - Khan and the rest if the genetic supermen seized power in 1996, according to TOS.

It already is, we just aren't a part of it.

And with good reason.

We're the real-life equivalent to a pre-warp society filled with Ferengi and Talaxians, with a few Hirogen here and there.

They're just sci-fi tropes.

I'm not saying that we're never going to discover and utilise those things, but please don't use the buzz words in conversation like they may one day be real.

Describe what you mean. Don't talk like Data.

there is a huge difference between doing what is perceived as impossible, going to the moon, and what actually is. Let me break down this equation for you since you arent getting it. As you go faster (closer to the speed of light) you infinitely gain mass. In order to keep pushing thus infinitely growing mass you need more and more energy (an infinite amount). Where is an infinite amount of energy going to come from to push your infinite mass?

Believe it or not there is a program already but it's Hidden.
Usa has been to Mars already but cannot disclose.
Black projects of reverse engineer a lot of crafts that crash from space

The higgs discovery is garbage.

E=mc^2 is likely why we're here in the first place. This equation is clearly flawed and not uniform. Even in its own terms.

Yes, we know about sub particles but there's still nothing that defines what causes some to have mass and some to not have mass. Some to have spin and others to not have spin. The methods used to even determine their existence are questionable if you ask me.
I would like to see a demonstration of a 5Sigma probability experiment with a high powered accelerator and THEN use that information to perform a practical experiment using the data that does not require the accelerator (or at least does not require billions and billions of relativistic collisions).

There is a way. I'm not smart enough to figure it out but someone will

Your mom's an infinite mass.

Well, more importantly, Zefram Cochrane was born in the 2030s. He invented the warp drive and his launch is was make for first contact.

That is what caused the acceleration of the Star Trek tech.

>guise i want to see a fundamental property or piece of matter without using an accelerator (the only tool particle physicists have to create such events)
kek

care to elaborate why higgs is garbage and why all those physicists are wrong?

>E=mc^2 is likely why we're here in the first place
wrong we are here in the first place between in the early universe the concentration of matte was greater than antimatter

no, just no

>guise some one will know where a particle is and what is velocity is at the same time. Im too dumb to figure it out but some one will
this is basically your flawed logic

after developing FTL technology.
>current science says it's "impossible" to travel at the speed of light.

so yeah, never.

My nigga

it never will

be more like video game privateer

only when approaching the speed of light

checked.

i'm pickin up what you're puttin down.
also 2nd law of thermodynamics was broken recently wasn't it?
there was also an article I remember a few years ago about changing the speed of a photon in 'free-air' which was "impossible" when I was in college.

so yeah, nothing is "impossible" forever.

Exactly CURRENT science

Right...but this is necessarily bubkiss.

This mass is relative and your velocity is relative. What is it relative to?

If you're measuring the mass of a sub atomic particle it can move as fast as the speed of light because its relativistic mass is either 0 or so close to 0 that the required energy is available.

If you have a collection of subatomic particles, why does the same not apply? Simply because they are observing each other? Or because they are being some how affected by a 'field' that we are unaware of that is 'relativisticly' binding them to other large collections of particles (gravity, electromagnetism, something).

What if your particle is exceptionally small? How small can it be before it can defy newtonian physics and reativistic mass?

None of this makes sense and no one has bothered to figure it out because there's more money is being a life long professor and teaching bullshit than actually doing things with your life. Particle physics is the new Catholic Church.

I'm not ashamed to admit that most of this physics discussion goes over my head and as a layman the only thing I feel like I can do to help is to encourage elected representatives to throw much more money into research.

Star Trek has been ret-conned so many times, it's all Bullshit.

I'm pretty sure Zefram Cochrane was originally an Andorian or some shit.

I mean, fuck, Klingon's didn't even have bumpy heads in the original.

Hrm....maybe because the two physicist who did the research on it spent 30 years calculating what the mass of the particle would be and determined that IF there was a Higgs it would either be 320 in this case or 680 in this case (I'm making up these numbers off the top of my head at the moment because i'm too lazy to look it all up right now) and then they ran the experiment and they found "a new particle!" at 450 and met none of the requirements of the equations and went "we found the higgs!" and then gave them both an award because they're like 80 and about to die.

>This mass is relative and your velocity is relative. What is it relative to?
your resting mass and velocity

>If you're measuring the mass of a sub atomic particle it can move as fast as the speed of light
they dont move at the speed of light, not in protons in our particle accelerators do, only photons

>If you have a collection of subatomic particles, why does the same not apply?
no, there is an upper mass limit. Only objects smaller than a bucky ball are described by quantum mechanics.

>Or because they are being some how affected by a 'field' that we are unaware of that is 'relativisticly' binding them to other large collections of particles (gravity, electromagnetism, something).
this is described as the Higgs field, a higgs boson is an isolation of these field

>What if your particle is exceptionally small? How small can it be before it can defy newtonian physics and reativistic mass?
the size of a bucky ball

>None of this makes sense and no one has bothered to figure it out because there's more money is being a life long professor and teaching bullshit than actually doing things with your life. Particle physics is the new Catholic Church.
people have figured it out, you just havent been exposed to it

kek, you never done any actual scientific research have you? Not every result is predicted and especially in particle physics, physical chemistry and quantum chemistry, the theoretical values rarely match experimental exactly. Fuck this is even true in biochemistry

Best guess, in 300 to 500 years
>if we don't nuke ourselves first

No, this literally isn't true. In fact new evidence overwhelmingly tends to confirm that the things we thought were impossible will remain impossible.

Please stop building your worldview around tabloid science headlines.