Can someone actually tell me why every normie acts like this is the greatest show in the world

Can someone actually tell me why every normie acts like this is the greatest show in the world.

>Rick is an alcoholic ass hole with no character development
>Morty is just a retard with a stuttering problem
>The mom is a bitch that puts down her husband
>the husband is a spineless loser
>the daughter is irrelevant to anything
>every episode has some OOOH shamalan twist at the end that gets reptetitive

Sure it was ok in the first season but it just got stale. No one has character growth even though they go on these crazy ass adventures, the parents are divorcing then not then divorcing then not. The twists were cool but it just became "Ok what's the twist at the end," By episode 8.

I don't see it

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=hWFDHynfl1E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>muh cool references
>muh quotable characters
>muh funny catchphrases
>muh lol so random
It's literally a normie show like everything harmon touches

> I dont like the main protagonist, therefore the show is bad

They make vague references to existentialism so people can sound deep and profound while watching a cartoon about a mad scientist doing wacky things.

It's a fun show

Alcoholic+retard+bitch+loser+irrelevance+doob= comedic drama

Rick does have character development.
>inb4 MUH whatever

I like how everyone here sucks Mr Robot's sandnigger dick but goes apeshit on Rick and Morty even though it has just as little effort put into it. It's a fucking mystery to me.

Rick does have character development. Are you memeing or actually stupid?

>last Friday, driving home from work
>older cousin who teaches 12th grade history asks me if I want to get drunk
>don't reply because driving, get another text
>"C'mon user, let's get schwifty!"

I went out with him, bought him a couple of shots, then threw his phone in the pool once he passed out on my couch

>Rick
>no character development
Confirmed for not watching the show

Because they're American millennial children and it's exactly like their broken family life.

are you a sociopath?

i'd call you a dick but you're probably a little too much on the edge side and take it as a good thing

I don't need to watch the show to know it's shit.

it's a meme show favored by reddit

m.youtube.com/watch?v=hWFDHynfl1E

i don't need to meet you irl to know you're shit.

Even God couldn't fault you for that

Not an argument.

So the same reason people pretend to like Bojack Horseman?

The show is lame. Its fans are basically the people who loved Adventure Time and MLP but now want something edgier.

of course its not an argument. its you. you are shit

It's fun. You contrarian fags hate that.

>Nihilistic and existential
>Parodies Sci-fi tropes without becoming a wank-fest
>Self-aware
>Improv writing is funnier than any family guy episode

Best cartoon since Early Simpsons. Fuck you guys.

you don't GET IT man it's so hella fuckin' deep and cerebral it's the realest cartoon ever but is also hilarious but them gut-punches you right in the feels when you least expect it, the cringe is so strong that sometimes I can't even
wubba lubba dub-dubs haha lol X^D

Then your argument is shit. Why don't you watch it and make an opinion for yourself instead of repeating what you read on the Internet?

>Reddit and Normie the show
>Redditors make it painfully obvious they are shilling for this faggot
If you didn't want an honest opion maybe you should go back to your safespace subreddit
>Cartoon for adults
>People actually call it this so they don't look like huge manchildren waiting for the next cartoon network episode to air

you fucking faggots haven't seen a good cartoon in your life. Doesn't need to be for "adults" why do you think Spongebob, Courage the Cowardly Dog, and Ed Edd and Eddy are such classics? Because they try super hard to be deep with meaning and bullshit? No its just on the surface fun to watch any episode good stuff, with subliminal jokes that you only get when you grow up and look back on the show.

This show is exactly like reddit, no matter what they do it has to be for "intellectuals only" aka I don't want to look like a fucking idiot so I act better than you to make me feel better about being a child in a 25 year olds body. grow the fuck up.

couldnt agree more, Sup Forums just gotta shit on everything the mainstream likes even if it's good. mainly if reddit likes it, then it gets blacklisted

Is hating Rick and Morty a meme by itself?

This Mr. Robot is absolute shit, it's real reddit pandering to normies

Pretty much
I wouldn't be surprised if there was an audience overlap of 70-80%

The lame ass "kid" main character is boring as fuck.

In my wildest dreams they are starring that ugly girl as the main character instead along with the drunk asshole.

This was a little-known patrician show for the first half of the first season, then it exploded in popularity, and now Sup Forums shouts "I don't like this anymore! NORMIES LIKE IT"

Typical

No, it's just called having good taste.

no faggot its Sup Forums baby fag shit go talk about that over there, this board is for kino not DUDE LMAO DID YOU SEE THAT CARTOON LAST NIGHT BRAH

It's Bojack Horseman with an actual sense of humour and animation that's legitimately pleasing to the eye. It's just fun to watch.

back to your capeshit threads kevin

most of the people I know that like it (including myself) aren't 'intellectuals'
stop being close minded because reddit likes it

Something weird is going on with Adult Swims website.... at least the one addressed at adultswim.com

>it's OK for me to watch cartoons but if you want to watch cartoons you're a faggot

OK champ.

>he discovers big nog's website and is horrified and devastated
>it's figuratively just the silk road
s m h t b h f a m

The show also got tangibly worse after the first couple of episodes, Ricks character went way heavier on being DUDE I"M A DRUNK ASSHOLE SUPER GENIUS WHO DOESN"T CARE BUT SECRETLY DOES L M A O

that's pretty reddit there, see the problem with this fucking website?

>Wah he doesn't like my cartoon he must be a contrarian
Like i said if you didn't want an opinion then why come here. you guys can jerk eachother off and eat your own shit at /r/rickandblowme stop shitting up our board with your sad excuse for entertainment.

Every show is Reddit. Name one single show that isn't popular on Reddit, i'll wait right here.

>I didn't read anything and I want to be part of the conversation

hating a show because reddit likes it is pretty contrarian
this

Show doesn't have to be liked by reddit to be reddit. Its the fans that make it painfully obvious they are from reddit.

The second you call them redditors they get extremely defensive and pissy. Anything with a retarded fanbase that tries superhard to justify they show to other people who aren't interested is pretty much reddit.

>Hey watch this user
>why didnt you like it user
>gee user i guess you weren't smart enough to get the joke
I got the joke, its just unfunny as shit and you have the mind of a child if you think its deep.

I liked the show

Oh wait, I almost forgot, I'm on Sup Forums where every show is either overrated, a "normie show", or both.

Sorry guys, nevermind, Rick and Morty is the worse that cancer.

Oh no, I read it. Rick and Morty is stupid baby shit actually for children and adults who like it are inherently wrong, whereas other cartoon shows specifically geared toward kids that you personally approve of are all right to watch because they have "subtle layers of comedy you can only appreciate with a refined adult pallet".

Blow it out your ass faglord.

Rick gets sad sometimes and it's totally deep and gives me feels

You are a restarted faggot and should kill yourself.
>argument abt thing. It's bad
>I don't need to watch thing to know its bad
Fuck off you litteral cuck.

No its wrong for you to assume that just because people don't like it they are of lower intelligence or just being contrarian

I get it, fart jokes and le nihilism is great for the 17 year old mind. I'm just saying ur cartoon is shit and it wont stand the test of time because its so basic and on the surface only giving the illusion of being something "special".

tbph even family guy fans are more desirable then you lot, bunch of tatted alcoholic hipsters who can't stand someone elses opinion.

Also I don't still watch any of the cartoons mentioned above because im not a fucking child anymore and I grew out of it. I'm sorry if you are having problems with that but don't take it out on me.

How has he changed since the first episode?

It's the best original adult comedy cartoon in a decade.

Can we at least be happy about that without you contrarian cucks throwing a fit?

This, don't go beyond this point and you can actually enjoy it

It's a good show but fanbase is literal cancer-AIDS.
xDDDD le nothing matters meme
Just look at Rick and morty shwiftposting.

>fun
>buzzwords

So you don't watch cartoons, what the fuck are you even doing in this thread? Just trying to make yourself feel better about your SUPERIOR PATRICIAN TASTES?

I thought shaming other people is wrong user, or is that only in cases where you're being shamed over something you don't enjoy? :^)

I like this show but I would make the argument that Venture Bros is greatly superior, by far dude.

yfw you realize venture bros is older than a decade

What are you doing in this board you fucking idiot this is for Sup Forums not cartoons.

I'm shitting up this thread so you fucking faggots can go away brah, I honestly don't give a fuck what you watch.

This

Kevin is just bored on a friday and needs to shitpost in order to feel better about his incredible taste in tv shows.

>brah

Yup there we go

I love this pic

I'm as cynical as they come, and I like the show. Granted, not every episode I find good but it's definitely one of the only extremely popular shows I can actually get behind. Which is too bad, because I fucking hate Dan Harmon.

>I le won the argument time to go watch some more rick and morty my superior cartoon for adults only

>Rick is an alcoholic ass hole with no character development

>Expecting character-development from a sci-fi parody cartoon

Ok you're right on that.
Then the question would be; which one do you think is better under the "adult cartoon" label? As I said before VB is my choice

This, somebody post the guy with the tattoo.

How many of the posters ITT defending R&M have reddit accounts?

>Show doesn't have to be liked by reddit to be reddit
so you admit that it's a meaningless meme-criticism?
>they get extremely defensive and pissy
that's what you tell yourselves, but it's really just you getting made fun of for not being able to give real criticisms of things

It's a comedy, why the fuck would you care about character development.

It better than other running comedic cartoons because it hasn't reached the point where clebrity cameos and references to current events replace actual jokes. It got close in that Ice T episode tho.

>caring about character development in a comedy cartoon

>It got close in that Ice T episode tho
no it didnt

>normie

t. Buttblasted redditor thinks i give a shit about anything he has to say

Rick and Morty fans are so annoying because they spend all their effort defending a show instead of actually talking about it. Sup Forums don't want you, Sup Forums doesn't want you either. That is why you shills belong in Reddit. Not because the show is 'Reddit'.

lol i dont spend any more effort than you spend coming to every one of these threads to say "OMG SO REDDIT LE NORMIES GTFO MUH 4CHUN"

Yeah but I shitted up your thread and no one wants to talk about your stupid gay cartoon so I feel like I won.

I don't know why R&M triggers Sup Forums so badly. Nearly every criticism in this thread is complaining about how fans of it think its deep, but I've never seen or heard of anyone like that.

Simpsons (especially early on) was far better, but they had "emotional" arcs and development too. I think that both execute them reasonably well and make the show feel a little bit authentic. Its not about being "mature"

None the less, the show still has some creative animation at least, its less dialogue/writing and more absurdism. That's what makes OG Simpsons the best cartoon ever. Quality satire.

wew lad you sure showed them

If nobody wanted to talk about it you wouldn't have had to "shit it up" in the first place.

So yeah, you just succeed in shitposting into oblivion

>le my characters must be liekable

Grow up.

as you go through your day to day life, try to remember it is not they who are the freaks.

It is you.

>Sup Forums

how to spot a newfag 101. get lost kid. come back when you're 18

because their arent daily simpsons threads saying
>Why doesn't Sup Forums like this show?!
as if its some big fucking surprise that people who prefer to watch movies and shows with actual people acting think this stupid babyshit cartoon isn't even worth watching.

>>>>>>(you)

it's like someone combined the simpsons, futurama and xavier renegade angel but took all the funny or interesting parts out of it.

>watches cartoons
>tells others to grow up

lel

You're like so different and your taste is so refined. Awesome circle jerk you got going. I HATE popular shows too!

The Xavier Angel sub-reddit hasnt had a post in 17 days so I assume that counts