Top 25 hedge fund managers earned $13bn in 2015 – more than some nations

Sup Forums will defend this

>The world’s top 25 hedge fund managers earned $13bn last year – more than the entire economies of Namibia, the Bahamas or Nicaragua.

>Kenneth Griffin, founder and chief executive of Citadel, and James Simons, founder and chairman of Renaissance Technologies, shared the top spot, taking home $1.7bn each – equivalent to the annual salaries of 112,000 people taking home the US federal minimum wage of $15,080.

>theguardian.com/business/2016/may/10/hedge-fund-managers-salaries-billions-kenneth-griffin-james-simon

muh trickle down

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5EoetIL-MiM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

is that how spider sex

shedding

It's molting. Idiot.

That's it? I would have thought it would be more. Good for them, I guess.

yes

>earned

...lol

I bet it's just as orgasmic as sex, look at it twitch.

good for you, you dont make that much

STFU stupid

WEW LAD

youtube.com/watch?v=5EoetIL-MiM

Fuck you guys. I am going to become a hedgefund manager one day and I want to be able to keep what I earn. I mean I'm a fry cook right now and it's hard to get up the corporate latter when you are taxed having to pay for so much welfare but I will become a hedge fund manager.

4/10 made me reply

Trickle Down Economics isn't an espoused theory nor is it advocated beyond political punditry. There are no professors in any university who teaches "Trickle Down" nor is there ever an advocate theory that supports "Trickle Down." No school of thought nor in Joseph A Schumpeter's book "History of Economic Analysis" To mock it as if to offer some cleaver incite on how economics actually works is like mocking the business practices of the Easter Bunny.

>Trickle Down Economics isn't an espoused theory nor
Enjoy ban Trolling is against the rules and is bankable.

>earn

You didn't earn that.

this guy has the voice that will make women's panties so wet they slide off.

How?

And so what?

Investment is how high powered economies thrive. Where do you think venture capital comes from? Where do you think the money to build factories and machines and companies comes from?

are you legit retarded m9?

no economist believes in trickle down theory. it's a complete strawman

Government spending. Investment is bad for the economy because the rich get richer because they have the most to invest. Not to mention why should they be so rich just for being born in a good position?

Government spending is the absolute worst way to stimulate an economy.

Keynes has been btfo for nearly a century and you retards just won't learn

most hedge funds lose money.

It's like saying, the top 25 lottery winners earned more than 1 billion this year, or something.

Read Frederick Hayek. You're actually retarded, every real economist believes in it.

You need to learn how retarded you are. Keynes has proven to be right about everything. Private investment is a negative on the economy because the rich get richer.

>Keynes has been btfo for nearly a century

...lol

>Name dropping on something that was never mentioned by the name

pretending to be retarted I see.

Enjoy ban. Trolling is against the rules.

lol ur funny

Pickekky pls

Keynes was btfo by Hayek after WW2 and only liberals and retarded anglos still believe his general theory

HAHA I laugh at you you're so funny and dumb. You're dumbass statements are retarded.

Nothing will ever be a better visual representation of horror than spiders

Only retarded people still believe in Hayek. Only Austrian people do because they're dumb.

Pickekky was right and I have yet to see anyone debunk him.

you're wasting your time.... please stop trying.

Troll pls go before you get banned.

Who is German Economist Stefan Homburg for $300

>James Simons
>Jew

>According to theWall Street Journalin May 2009, Simons was questioned by investors on the dramatic performance gap of Renaissance Technologies' portfolios. The Medallion Fund, which has been available exclusively to current and past employees and their families surged 80% in 2008 in spite of hefty fees; the Renaissance Institutional Equities Fund (RIEF), owned by outsiders, lost money in both 2008 and 2009; RIEF declined 16% in 2008.[34]

>On July 22, 2014, Simons was subject to bipartisan condemnation by the U.S. Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations for the use of complex barrier optionsto shield day-to-day trading (usually subject to higher ordinary income tax rates) as long-term capital gains. “Renaissance Technologies was able to avoid paying more than $6 billion in taxes by disguising its day-to-day stock trades as long term investments,” said Sen. John McCain (R., Ariz.), the committee’s ranking Republican, in his opening statement. “Two banks and a handful of hedge funds developed a complex financial structure to engage in highly profitable trades while claiming an unjustified lower tax rate and avoiding limits on trading with borrowed money,” said Sen.Carl Levin(D., Mich.) in his prepared remarks.

Griffin is quite a philanthropist though, hard to fault him.

B8

Obviously more people should be hedge fund managers, CEOs too

Obviously thats bait. You have to be born to a rich family.

>Investment is bad for the economy

This is the most retarded statement I have read in a while. The problem with capitalism isn't the CEO's making billions at the top, it's because you have sold out the middle/lower class jobs to China and mass immigration suppresses wages. Capitalism works when everyone has a job. Maybe we should try communism again? That always turns out well.

But I guess that's why Rome collapsed, over investment. You dumb cunt

>The world’s top 25 hedge fund managers earned $13bn last year

No fucks given. If people want to gamble that is their business.

I'm convinced everyone should have a max amount of earnable income, big enough so that we can still have millionaires but low enough to stop the few people who can from hoarding all the money.

Damn, I should become a hedge fund manager.

Or simply work hard and excell at what I want to do, instead of throw stones.

Hmmm.

>those hedge fund managers also created more wealth than the entire economies of Namibia, the Bahamas, and Nicaragua

Top post. People who complain about people making a ton of money are clowns who don't understand how capital flows throughout the economy.

>hedge funds
>creating wealth

When?

>meme arrows
>being arguments

Nice pasta

Since when does Sup Forums defend kikes? I don't see your point here.
Also,
>Sup Forums is one person

>Eh, I have some extra cash and there's a company that needs investors
>I'll put money into it
>Oh look it made it big, I got rewarded for putting money into a company that could've crashed and burn.

I don't see how anyone doing anything with their own money is a problem.

"how dare these 25 people run the only companies in the country that keep 300 million americans' retirement investments from vanishing overnight!"

There's nothing to defend.

Wow so you mean the people that are the best at their job and people intrust millions if not billions with them made a lot of money?

OH MY GAWD

the top 25 hedge fund managers are responsible for creating more wealth than entire nations of people. Some humans are seriously pathetic by western standards.

What don't you leftists understand about this?

wow fuck that webm and fuck you OP and by extension the rest of britain

Good follow up. The left has a problem because that flow is "not their fair share" but never will settle on what that "fair" is. Muh feels and shit

Pretty much every mainstream economic school of thought is based on Keynes' ideas. The only people that actually hate on him are morons and economic idealogues.

I'm gonna burst your little intelligence bubble. If what you say is the case then that's only true because most mainstream economists are paid to study what?

Real life?

yes indeed, and those people on earth dying of starvation should have thought of that before they choose to be born where and when they were

no, its not what you earn, its what the masses earn (produce) that you have siphoned to you, within the letter of the law

Actually, I fucking will defend this.

A close blood relative of mine is a partner at Dechert LLP and some of that firm's top clients are - you guessed it - hedge fund managers. Wanna know why my relative fucking hates people who talk trash about hedge fund managers? Because hedge fund manages call their lawyers at 12 midnight and 6 AM in the morning JUST SO THEY CAN BE CERTAIN THAT THEY ARE NOT BREAKING THE LAW. Hedge fund managers are Bernie Madoff wannabes. As a matter of fact, after OWS, the Madoff scandal, and the political blowback from the 2008 crash, they want to make sure they play by the book. Why?

They. Do not. Want. To go. To jail.

Large hedge fund groups and their lawyers are always under the microscope from NGOs and federal agencies around the world.

Dechert LLP, still serving as m example, has offices all over the the USA, in Paris, in Georgia (the country), Singapore, Moscow, Luxembourg, London, and even fucking Saudi Arabia. That's just to name a few. Do you idiots REALLY think that an international law firm could just get away with robbery with so many governments involved?

>but muh 1%

People at these firms, from top to bottom, work well over 40 hours a week and require AT LEAST 7 years of education; on top of that, they have to work for a few years before a firm like Dechert will even consider hiring them. Of COURSE these people make shitloads of money.

Wanna make that kind of money? You work your ass off. My relative was born in farmsville, Illinois and now makes more money that all of Sup Forums's salaries combined. Don't be a lazy cunt.

Hedge fund managers AREN'T* Bernie Madoff wannabes.

God damn typo.

Why the fuck am I so fascinated by these?

Seriously though they cringe me the fuck out but they're so interesting. Never seen a Tarantula shed before.

Leaves those little holes where it's legs were, cringey but good.

you did not burn millions/billions of calories per day

and no your time and effort are not worth that much more

your right except thats not what strawman means

Can we just kill them and steal the money? It's our money anyway, they waste it on boring haircuts and bullshit investments.

I actually will spend the money on a nice mansion in the Bahamas and on nice sports cars and drugs.

I deserve that money more than them, I want a gucci handbag.

Fuck you Hedgefunders you boring box headed cunts, I hope you all die, you're all ugly as well.

/Thread

Go eat shit libtards.

no, its how the apex economic predators thrive

>Can we just kill them and steal the money? It's our money anyway, they waste it on boring haircuts and bullshit investments.
That's what Lenin tried and look how that turned out. Dipshit.

Is this really what you leftist mongoloids believe? My relative has never voted Republican and gives more money in charity that most of Sup Forums will ever earn in their lifetimes.

This perception of rich people as evil, money-grubbing, and selfish is childish.

You'll never be free with that attitude

oh i guess that makes the gross income inequality just hunky dory

>they work 40 hours a week

so?

>AT LEAST 7 years of education;

and?

>they have to work for a few years before a firm like Dechert will even consider hiring them

gee poor them, they sure do deserve all those piles of cash!

> Of COURSE these people make shitloads of money.

naturally, thats the status quo, and nothing more elegant than that

>Wanna make that kind of money? You work your ass off.

false dilemma

> My relative was born in farmsville, Illinois and now makes more money that all of Sup Forums's salaries combined.

anecdotal fallacy

>Don't be a lazy cunt.

ad hom

well their doing it, and theyre fairly free

they arent doing those things directly

k? good for them. You mad someone has something you don't? Welcome to America you can do whatever you want. Go be a hedge fund manager, go be the fucking president, or keep crying that life isn't fair because shit wasn't handed to you on a silver platter. Who the fuck do you faggots think you are to think that your generation is so entitled? You haven't earned shit.

So you're saying it doesn't matter how many hours they work, how educated they are, or their experience? Everyone should just be given a million dollars a year? Grow the fuck up.

I don't care, I just want a mansion in the bahamas and lots of cocaine and I demand that hedgefunders give me that.

They owe me, considering I am beautiful and they are ugly and pollute the world with their ugliness.

Gib me mansion now. Also what makes you think I have any intention of sharing what I steal? HAH! No, I want a gucci bag and a nice sports car or maybe an aston martin, haven't decided yet. I might go rob Lakshmi Mittal or some ugly Jew in Knightsbridge, who knows but I want my GUCCI BAG NOW!

No one is free until they're dead.

>Wahh I don't wanna work as much as other people but wanna get the same salaries
Crybaby.

And Congress spends Trillions a year they don't have. Your point?

good point user, how much do you earn for you clients as a hedge fund manager and how much are they paying you?

GIVE ME A FUCKING GUCCI BAG AND ASTON MARTIN AND 50 GIGA KILO'S OF COCAINE NOW!

I DEMAND IT, ALSO LEGALISE ALL DRUGS AND KILL LABOUR SUPPORTERS!

DO IT!

no

> they're so close to breaking the law all the time that they've become paranoid about breaking the law by accident
> they're always so close to breaking the law because they exploit every possible loophole in a flawed legal system
> it's not easy to be so devious, look how hard these guys have to work to not slip up and get caught

> that proves these are good guys that deserve what they "earn"

Money is a representation of productive work. That is, work that produces something of benefit to society.

No single person can produce that much benefit to society, most certainly not glorified gambling addicts betting other people's money.

And you unironically believe it's called "trickle down," it's Supply Side

You will do it, or I'll hunt and eat your family.

I'll eat their eyeballs in front of you. I will, I'm hungry for that gucci bag you know.

whats with all the semen

>gigakilo

I am in a lesser hedge fund.

They make me free money but the amount they skim is ridiculous.

I cannot complain as I have taken out so much that my initial investment was paid for long ago so it is free money like I said.

They do all the hard work and I get paid.

Wish I was rich enough to be in the ones you have to be invited into.

> they actually do stuff to get what they want

> so?

So do the same yourself. There always is and will be income inequality. It isn't society's responsibility to treat you like a baby that still needs to be taken care of at 35.

>they're so close to breaking the law all the time that they've become paranoid about breaking the law by accident
Guess what? The super wealthy crazies are the Bilderberg people. Guess what else? The 2008 crash was not Wall Street's fault, it was GOVERNMENT-SPONSORED CREDITORS known as Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. The private sector didn't do it.
>they're always so close to breaking the law because they exploit every possible loophole in a flawed legal system
That's not what I said, but nice strawman. They do not skirt the law because that's too much work. The possible litigation for skirting the law is worth even less. So - and this may cause your pea brain to explode - hedge fund managers don't even try to break the law because it's not worth their time or money.
>it's not easy to be so devious, look how hard these guys have to work to not slip up and get caught
No wonder you guys are getting cucked by Muslims, you're idiots.

>Money is a representation of productive work. That is, work that produces something of benefit to society.
Says who? Marx? The guy who never put in a hard day's work his whole life? Who refused to work in a factory? Who mooched off Engels his whole life?

Good luck.

owning a hedge fund sounds badass as fuck, good on them

Trickle down had merit when America manufactured goods. You guys essentially have a service economy now, and the wealthy are getting those services overseas. Instead of the economy being driven by the spending of the rich moving it's being driven by the money of the middle class shuttling sideways and back. The rich take their cut and move it out of the system.

>Namibia, the Bahamas or Nicaragua.
What do they all have in common, racially speaking?

>within the letter of the law
nice dubs you filthy joo

>wanting to become a manager but unable to know the basic 3 things

You're funny, goy

>WHY ARE PEOPLE ALLOWED TO HAVE MORE STUFF THAN ME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>t. Labour voter

Sooner than you may think

hedge funds and other stock manipulators are cancer

they don't produce shit and they still make more money than most industries, their business model is impervious to anything that happens in the real economy, so they end up with profits even if everyone else loses

I don't know why would Sup Forums defend this, these people are literally parasites