What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7gCjyW1Ja90
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He was a Sith Lord the whole time.

damn shame. i guess no one knows :/
i might visit reddit and see what their perspective is on the matter

Nazis and Communists = Siths

He was a Sith Lord, that's why they are his speciality.

Only a Sith would deal in absolute concepts. AKA Only a Sith would say things like "you're either with me or against me"

that he's a relativistic cuckold

>Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time

I AM THE PARLIAMENT

Wait, isn't "only" an absolute.

Claiming that only a Sith would make such a statement is pretty absolute too.

It's an oxymoron because it's an absolute statement.

What message do you think Lucas was trying to say through this scene?

dubs

But it's not. Obi-Wan is saying that only Sith believe/deal in absolute concepts.

Anakin says "If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."

Obi-Wan is basically calling Anakin a Sith, because Anakin is dealing in absolutes.

I can't come up with decent dialogue?

Do or do not. There is no try

but saying he has to be a sith because he thinks in absolutes is itself an absolute.

Maybe you just don't 'get' it ?? If its too hard for you to decipher, don't worry, capeshit is your friend

Its not about absolute statements, its about dealing in absolutes.

I feel like calling everyone who deals in absolutes a Sith is dealing in absolutes but that's just me.

Well go ahead and enlighten us

No I get it, it is just absolute shit. Maybe if you got George's fat cock out of your mouth you might notice.

He's clearly referring to the post world war 2 social uncertainty and the dislodged class system in the west.

youre a genuine bunch of mongoloids if you can't see that

What exactly is Obi-Wan's "deal" then? He's just making a statement. Anakin's deal is that Obi-Wan is to join him or die, which the sith are seen doing often enough in the films, even with Darth Vader.

Nice job pulling that out of your ass.

It's ironic because his statement is an absolute, which makes his statement a paradox to show that Anakin is actually right

wtf i hate obi-wan now

Or well you know, it may very well be an objective statement
Maybe it is true that really only the Sith as a general group deal in absolutes

is it really an absolute if youre stating that someone else only deals in absolutes?

But it's demonstrably not. There are non-Sith that also deal in absolutes. Heck the Jedi do it all the time.

Only a faggot uses this kind of logic.

That hi morality wasn't 100% perfect either. No one can be a "perfect Jedi" because no one can be 100% peaceful and objective and shit.

In the new trilogy I'm pretty sure we'll see "gray" jedis.

the jedi are the true scum bags

Remember the memes Sup Forums?
Remember how much fun we had last year?
And Christmas was only 8 months ago...

IRONIC

HO HO HO
Now I have a lightsaber

Is it wrong if I consider Palpatine better than Vader as a trilogy villain?
Vader always seemed like a retarded goon to me, his loud low voice just made him look like more of a henchman than anything.
McDiarmid performance instead is that of the perfect calculator, the mastermind, the genius that can orchestrate a plan over 30 years and have it work.

good times
youtube.com/watch?v=7gCjyW1Ja90

I mean he was just a goon.
Vader was never really the main villain. He was the muscle.

Tarkin and the Emperor were the Villains.

I remember THIS thread.
It was the most fun ever.

Quoting a sith.

He's committing the very fallacy he's trying to explain to Anakin.

Oh God, the DK book memes were the best things of all time.

is it any coincedence that the movie which basically established the franchise's lore and expanded on the characters is the only movie that didn't have lucas dialogue and directing? he's a hack and the reason the prequels were muddled mediocre shit

Fuckin' right.

Peak Sheevposting was late 2014 to early 2015.

I always imagine the two hour long cumshot of some sith whore that cuts off with no sign of Palpatine being even close to finishing.

you fucking douche bag assholes arent exposing any kind of holes at all because it was fucking intended for the jedi to be self righteous and hypocritical, not perfect enlightened beings

>I'm only pretending to be retarded

Nice try, George.