I consider art to be the most beautiful thing in mankind

I consider art to be the most beautiful thing in mankind.

What do you think about art?

I have recently started to develop a love for art. Still very unsure about abstract, though.

It's nice. Undervalued especially in our education system. Pays my bills. Nature is easily more beautiful.

science and mathematics are much more beautiful

Midnight Snack by Nicebleed

>fields not even concerned with aesthetics are more beautiful
Really stretching the meaning of beauty here.

Deviantart-tier kitsch

Art is said to be the unbiased view of reality, an interpretation of truth. When you involve bias to Art, it turns into propaganda.

>be art
>people always looking at me to feel things and find meaning

fuk

Thank god you know what art is. Your art degree will take you far. Trust me.

Another thing. Does art always have a meaning, or can it just be something nice to look at?

I agree. As long as you count loli scat hentai as art

Could just be something nice to look at.

I guess it's meaning could be that its something nice to look at

Art could be many things. Are you specifically talking about paintings?

I like depressing art.

Ass

Gay. But also neat

'Art' is most beautiful thing in mankind.
I'd agree if post-modernism didn't redefine art as 'anything you want to call art'.
Otherwise you'd be able to just add value to something by calling it art.
Don't get me wrong. Seeing extra value in something is fine, but personal value versus monetary value are different.
A plate full of petrified shit shouldn't be sold for a thousand dollars just because the guy who made it calls it art.

holy fuck check my image

There are two kinds of art, just as there are only two kinds of music. The kind you like and the kind you don't like. I look at this and this and don't see anything. This is what humans are doing to the earth. Taking something rare and beautiful and destroying it. Everyone sees something or nothing in a given piece. And if I don't see anything in it I might as well be a picture of Andy Sixx holding a log of shit.

that dog-filter is literally the worst thing of all time

is this art

This is fucking gay, so she's been raped. You can see her panties . And her clothes aretorn from the "snuggle struggle" and she's trying to escape and the dumb bitch gets on the rock... now where the fuck is she going to go? Looks like some high school drama queen painted it.

Pays the bills, and it's enjoyable work. I'm not complaining.

I speak of the art of all times and of all types.

Art is almost always biased and subjective. Doesn't make it propaganda, just means it was created by a human

Poor choice in degrees. Enjoy your poverty when you're 50.

Scholarship, zero debt. Pays the bills, and the income increases every year as my name gets out there. I want for nothing, work from home most days, enjoy the fuck out of what I do, and control my own schedule.

Let me tell you, I'm ready to blow my brains out.

What do you do exactly?

Love stuff like this OP. I love shit that seems like reality is more then what we can perceive. Thank u for me new wallpaper man!

Painting mostly. Murals have been a big source of income lately, but I prefer to work on canvas. Been doing a lot of t-shirt and poster designs this year too.

T-shirts and posters. That's not kitschy at all.

Nice, has networking been difficult for showing your work/getting hired for murals? Or are you just talented to the point that it hasn't stopped you?

Going back to school to finish a BFA in painting. I can get a teaching certification with an extra year, getting in the art game seems very exciting too though.

Is that all you came to this thread for?

I love James Ensor, he makes great paintings.

(pic not related)

Get a STEM degree or you're wasting your time and money. The artsy thing is romantic but there's a reason they call them starving artists. It's because when the economy is good they think they're hot shit and everything is great but when the economy is bad theyre the first ones to lose their incomes. Don't do it.

>what do you think about art?

i dislike abstract art.

the kind where someone throws paint at a garbage can and calls it art.

Any Cyberpunk art?

Ok I'm out. enjoy your thread. Have a good life. I wish you the best. Even though you're kinda bitchy.

Can photography count as art?

Here's 2 works from Ensor, whatever I have in my gallery in just gonna dump.

Abstract is odd.

Eh, all I can say is the world would be a boring place if everyone followed this advice. Also I'm debt free with ~2 years of credits atm and can walk away with my BFA for like 20K whereas I'd have to start from square one for stem anyway. I am interested in some scientific avenues, but they are even LESS marketable than arts, so I'd rather just stick to my primary passion.

Art is good and raise suicidal rate.

Propagating non-truth is beautiful..

Try badwiki.com

I think so, but only 1 out of 10,000 photographers can call themselves artists. Hell I've seen complete amateurs take amazing photos tho! And filters don't make things artsy, but people are catching on to that lol

Kitsch is content, not what the art is printed on...

Once I got the first mural up, it started rolling. They are their own advertisements, and there aren't a lot of mural artists in my city.

art is a way of expressing something that could not exist in the real world

I could Imagine that. I just hope I can find some people to call this picture I took art

Lots of art is shit that exists in the real world tho, and realistic in style

>I consider art to be the most beautiful thing in mankind.

I feel a strong sympathy for this. Art is the one thing that humanity does that elevates them above being completely pieces of shit.

I find that I enjoy more fully the company of people who make art (of any sort).

>science and mathematics are much more beautiful

Expressions of the beauty in mathematics are art, user. Science is a tool that allows us great technical insights, which may be used in the crafting of art. Art is a reflection of a time and place, with the artist being the mirror or lens through which the art is projected.

>When you involve bias to Art, it turns into propaganda.

All art has a bias, so it's all propaganda. It is all political. Some things fit in, other artists express things outside of the accepted and standard forms.

Absolutely.

Ah, I see how one gig can build that momentum. I'm in an area where I see a lot of mural work being done, but probably a decent amount of competition as well.

the scientific theory is better

There isn't any beauty in that.

t.scientist.

Just dumping a few lesser knowns I like.
Andy Kehoe

Pieces born from men's sheer need to express themselves. What's not to love?

Duy huynh

Art is the second most beautiful thing after science.

I PLAY VIDEO GAMES!!!

AM ASLO ARTISTIC!!!

Anywhere online we can see your stuff?

Zdzislaw Beksinski

AM ASLO AUTISTIC!!!

Fix'd

>the scientific theory
>scientific theory
>the

bazingo

Music is better.

Agreed. The best music is better than the best painting/drawing.

Better at what?

Yo art is for faggots.

At being aesthetic.

Kater the Alchemist

Kater the Alchemist (2)

Anime is art therefore art is superb

Anime is not art.

is this art

Technically maybe.

it's true. and if art is truth and art truth...

tfw memes were the art all along.

Art is relative. Anything is art if you see it as art.

Literature

You make it sound gay.

Don't become a car salesman.

this woman is art

Pancake tits.

she's so sexy