Soundtracks

>tfw every other movie has a hip-hop pop soundtrack
>tfw always Kanye West or Taylor Swift songs in everything

why isn't black metal used in soundtracks at all? a lot of it feels like it would make a good score bands like Deafheaven or Wolves In The Throne Room etc would make great ambient scores to sci-fi or horror movies.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=uU12fCP5AqY
youtube.com/watch?v=hgczUZXVKWA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=n183mB9vMQw
youtube.com/watch?v=oHFCOWIxPeQ
youtu.be/W8dR2cviIrY
youtu.be/4SbhD-BCKCQ
youtube.com/watch?v=kV9sNmujCPk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I fucking hate Deafheaven, but you're probably right about Wolves in the Throne Room

However, Wolves have significantly diversified their sound, and if they stuck to a black metal soundtrack, I think that'd get old real quick.

I'd like to hear Stephen O'Malley score a film.

I'd like to hear something like Agalloch or Deadspace do a soundtrack to a horror or science fiction movie like Beyond The Black Rainbow. I think the tone would be perfect.

Meant to type Darkspace albums like III I sound like a score to a film.

Yeah, that could definitely be interesting.

Metal aside, I'm surprised more drone artists and experimental electronic musicians haven't made the crossover -- artists like Deathprod or Kreng.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=uU12fCP5AqY

youtube.com/watch?v=hgczUZXVKWA

1:39

>why isn't black metal used in soundtracks at all?
Because directors aren't teenagers

I think black metal probably has been used in movie soundtracks, but it depends on the movie. There's probably quite a lot of it used on the soundtracks of documentaries about black metal AHAHA seriously though, there are probably a lot of non-mainstream releases that make use of black metal tracks.

Shit, I still gotta see this film.

Watch Funny Games, very good use of screamo in that.

yeah but they sure dig tracks from that Yeezus album Kanye did.

I AM A GOD, EVEN THOUGH I'M A MAN OF GOD!!

The people who cut the trailers aren't the directors of the film, dingus

Not Black Metal, but definitely some pretty brutal shit. Isn't that John Zorn?

You sound like a 9 year old kid right now user.

Oh yeah how about Suicide Squad?

>dat Kanye playing when Will is blasting away

Because flicks/movies/cinema/kino aren't made by overweight 14 year olds

Gummo was the last movie I recall with a death metal soundtrack. Rivet's Edge thrash metal soundtrack was based as well

Yeah, as Naked City

Well there's a nigger character so it seems more appropriate than black metal
Oddly enough this film stars a black musician who's played in experimental metal bands

Black metal is traditionally against commercialization. Putting in in the background of some lame movie would cheapen and ruin it's intended atmosphere.

>Deafheaven or Wolves In The Throne Room
>Stephen O'Malley
>Agalloch
NOT TRVE BLACK METAL FUCKING NORMIES
REEEEEEEEEEE

most black metal fans are edgy povo teenagers who are unlikely to pay to see a movie so it's understandable

how about like a Lars Von Trier or David Cronenberg type of movie? Those directors seem like they would do that type of thing, or even Harmony Korine.

Nice, been meaning to watch that flick

Gummo had a cool soundtrack.

I can really see Lars Von Trier using black metal in his depressing as fuck weird movies, Nymphomaniac even had Rammstein in the intro.

How dare you!

I summon Lord Belial, God of destruction, to rain down his wrath upon you, user

actually most black metal fans these days look like hipsters with the flannel jackets and beards etc.

Anthony Fantano as example...

>hipster
He's a meme, you fucking melon

Fuck off with your "true black metal", you insufferable cringelord.

>Stephen O'Malley
I wasn't suggesting that he was a black metal musician. But due to the fact that recruiting Blasphemy or Burzum or some shit to score a film would be ridiculous, I think getting a musician who has dabbled in it, but is a bit more sophisticated, would be the way to go.

>calling people who like black metal edgy
>all these movies with hip-hop gangsta thug rap music in the soundtracks

I'm just tired of hearing Yo nigga, watch me twerk naynay etc in every damn movie.

At what age did you grow out of metal? For me it was 17

I'm the opposite I started with indie rock like White Stripes, Modest Mouse etc and grew into black metal.

I don't listen to much music these days besides black metal or synth pop.

>Bashes Kanye and Taylor
>while praising absolutely zero effort trash like Deafheaven
my fucking sides

one of those plebs that dipped their finger to little bit under the surface and thins he is patrish

>tfw every other movie has a hip-hop pop soundtrack
And this is only true because you keep watching those kinds of films, confirmation bias that also proves that you are a pleb .

yeah and what do you like now indie rock and hip-hop? or shit like avant garde jazz funk?

mainstream adverts are like that because they are appealing to the largest demographics

white males are a lost cause, they either are going already or won't be influenced by advertisements

the targets are black people and white females

I only like experimental progressive neo jazz funk.

my nigga, i love synthpop

pretty much everything except country and metal

>black metal and synthpop
this is a patrician as fuck main genre pairing. they complement each other surprisingly well

>embryo this defensive about being called out.

Your confirmation bias absolutely proves that you are a pleb, no way around it.

I actually didn't start getting into Metal til my mid twenties. Get on my level.

whoa triggered much? sunn sucks a fat one and all this hipster """""metal""""" shit is fucking garbage

I don't listen to much music with "lyrics" these days. It's mostly just black metal, drone metal or once in awhile synthpop or sadly even vaporwave, witch house shit.

>absolutely zero effort trash like Deafheaven

suprisngly a lot of metal fans like synthpop and electronic music.

Drive soundtrack is still based as fuck

speaking of synthpop is starting to get used a lot more in film, which I think is great because I love John Carpenter movies.

>hipster metal
Whoa, threatened much?
>sunn sucks a fat one
Sunn is actually my least favorite O'Malley project. All about KTL.

Im not a fan of bands like Liturgy and Deafheaven, but they're good musicians, and I can understand the appeal (despite how pretentious they seem). And I'm pretty sure they're """"metal"""" by any standards.

I suppose you'd dismiss link-related as mere "hipster garbage" too...
m.youtube.com/watch?v=n183mB9vMQw

since were on the topic of film soundtracks etc.

fucking based right here, also Lost River had great music.

youtube.com/watch?v=oHFCOWIxPeQ

All i want is a horror movie to use paysage d hiver in it.

youtu.be/W8dR2cviIrY

these guys are great so is Darkspace. Would love for them to do a horror sci-fi movie like Beyond The Black Rainbow or Black Swan.

>Anthony Fantano as example of a Black Metal fan

What?

Nigga Ulver has been used in plenty of movies.

ever seen one of those "Italian Horror" films? Or even a Japanese horror film, these guys would be perfect for doing a score to something like that.

Fuck off Deafheaven aren't black metal. Either is Faggots in the Throne Room or shit like Agalloch. It's shitty poseur metal.

>Korine

look up the soundtrack to Gummo.

Fucking poseurs am I right guys? I'm a true punk rocker with a giant blue mowhawk. Fucking Anarchy in the UK what the fuck does that even mean? It's just lyrics and you don't live your life by fucking lyrics.

Modern American Black Metal is fucking cringey as hell. They take themselves so fucking seriously and all look like hipster douchebags.

The only time I can accept metal music that takes itself too seriously is early Norwegian Black Metal because they were actually hardcore and fucked up. Not some hipster twats who shop at H&M and have rose gold iphone 6's and get $60 haircuts

This is why no one takes metalfags seriously, with you're childish "my widdle cwub" bullshit.

Grow up, fag

Fucking poseurs and their shit taste, no one is legit.

(Also there should be an SLC Punk sort of movie made about metalheads)

You are 2hardcore4me

Why the fuck was everyone praising that piece of shit album Sunbather? It was total fucking garbage.

why isn't there really? I think there was that Dane Dehann Metallica movie but I can't think of anything else like SLC Punk! but for metal instead of '80s punk.

I may not like it, but it was 97.3 times more interesting than most Black Beta albums .

Triggered much? Please go back to listening to NPR metal.

also just speaking about films about bands/music in general Green Room was pretty good, would love to see another movie like that but about a metal band instead.

NAZI PUNKS FUCK OFF NAZI PUNKS

FUCK OFF

FUCK OFF!!!

Surprised nobody ever mention moevot and the LLN

youtu.be/4SbhD-BCKCQ

There shit was probably the easiest to incorporate into a horror movie, makes me instantly think of this

HAHAHAHA YOU TRIGGERED CUNT WELL ARE YOU ARE YOU???!!!

Dude, go take you meds and head back to Sup Forums im sure they miss you.

Y'all base bitch ANTIFA boys need to chill.

maybe like a metal band fights off vampires or zombies in Norway or Sweden etc...

How about this for an idea guys, a thrash/black metal band touring in Norway, Sweden, Germany etc ends up fighting against Occult people who raised Nazi zombies from the dead.

It could be like that movie Dead Snow meets Green Room.

18, I decided to shave my neckbeard, get a job and stop listening to edgy teenager music.

I really dig bands like Fleet Foxes and Animal Collective bro. How about you? Ariel Pink is great and so is Foxygen and MGMT.

whatever that is, it isnt metal.

>metal

I also love Creedence Clearwater and The Beatles dude. Classics am I right? Edgy kid's music these days.

If you listen to metal and over the age of 15, kys

Ah, just as I expected. Hello, Sup Forums.

>you'll never understand the true nature of true metal. But me? I am well-versed in the dark arts, and have a deep understanding of what constitutes authenticity of Metal. It is a lifestyle, and you will never know the true nature of this lifestyle, because you have not sufficiently dedicated yourself to trueness of true metal.

I only listen to experimental jazz funk and neo psych dance pop.

>t. 16 years old

because black metal is fucking awful.

Any suggestions, young man?

jokes on you, I've been really into Carly Rae Jepsen lately. Emotion is my jam.

come at me bro

youtube.com/watch?v=kV9sNmujCPk

>this entire thread

If I was a 10-14yo boy I'd love it and would def torrent the camrip

also be honest this shit is great and I love synthpop too, I think Drive really fucked me up, been into syntpop ever since.

This is one of the best movies I've seen all year

on topic, are there any films that got you guys into genres?

Some spectral lore for atmosphere would work well. Maybe a bit of drudkh, too.

>your pretty good

you fucking got me.

>Being this anally annihilated

Say it with me now: Wew. Lad.

Jim Jarmusch has been using Boris and Sunn (i think) in his movies

>"I'm 15 and I just discovered pitchfork approved coffee shop black metal" the post

If your aim is to put the audience to sleep during the film then middle of the road derivative tedium like Deafheaven would be the sensible way to go.

season one of Hemlock Grove had an awesome soundtrack that got me into a few good bands. timber timbre and shit.

>still no film adaptation

Why?

I think I do remember hearing some Boris in one of his movies, I think it was either the vampire one or that one about the hitman black guy who stares at paintings all the time. Can't remember the name of that movie now...

>black metal
People over the age of 12 watch most movies.

of course I'm not talking block buster movies more like something on the lines of Beyond The Black Rainbow or Inland Empire the David Lynch what the fuckfest.