I'm up to season 3. I'm starting to see an uncomfortable amount of myself in this guy

I'm up to season 3. I'm starting to see an uncomfortable amount of myself in this guy.

is this normal?

Just wait till you get to "that episode" in s4

you will never feel more emasculated

When did Saoirse transition to male?

What episode? I cant remember which one.
Use spoilers if necessary

I saw a lot of myself in Pete too but I'm mostly a Ken

Pete turns out better than any of them though

I think he means Signal 30, which is season 5

just finished season 4

which episode?

reply in spoilers or something to avoid spoiling any poor anons

I'm interested too. I've seen all of the series but can't recall any that made me feel that way.

Yes, he's a great character with a poignant arc.

Signal 30 is one of the series' best

OP here: also I'm getting mildly annoyed with Don's stagnant character development. It seems every third episode is don realizing he loves his family, and cheating is wrong, right after he cheated after realizing it the last time.

OP... you're starting to embarrass yourself a bit. It's a nearly perfect series. If you're feeling this way this far in, that's what you're getting out of it, it may not be for you. Plus if you care, you should wait these threads out til you're done then come back.

I don't knew how I could have forgotten about that fight. The Brit was one of my favorite characters along with Pete.

obviously youve never cheated

I love the series, don't get me wrong. But it feels like they're deliberately retreading old ground with Don.

I feel like I can't even discuss this show with people unless they've finished it. It's just such an experience that you need to have the entire thing behind you to understand it fully despite the conclusion not being anything mind blowing or revolutionary

this- when you're broken, you're doomed to repeat the same mistakes until you really learn to do something about it

It's a show that never loses a step. Even if you don't think the last season is as good as the show at its prime you have to admit it didn't fall far, it was the best thing on television throughout its entire run with the exception of maybe season 1 which had to compete with the fifth season of The Wire. How many other shows can you name that were like that?

>Even if you don't think the last season is as good as the show at its prime

Not that user but the last season transcends the medium. More filmic or novel-like than tv.

I didn't mean to imply I didn't like the last season. They didn't try to cover a ton of ground with the last season to tie everything up into a nice little bow it covered about the same amount of stuff as the previous seasons did, which I'm thankful for. The show was steady throughout the run

>tfw you're that one extra in that one scene that has no lines, no one remembers, and no one cares about

>me behind the window

Anyone else think the pilot feels weak?
>"Is this man bothering you?"
>"Love was invented by men like me to sell nylons"
>"This is the greatest advertising opportunity since the invention of cereal"
Feels heavy-handed and edgy, lacks the subtlety and charm of the later seasons for sure

>just when he got his foot in the door
Based Roger

actually pretty memorable, even if you don't see him at all

X Doubt

Not really. Not as refined but still bursting with creative energy.

no

we are all him

Ken almost made it out ok. Then they took his eye. Then vengeance took his soul.

>try to act like Don
>end up looking like Pete

felt bad for alex mack when he turned down writing to be the whip-cracker

having recently rewatched mad men and TNG Im surprised by how similar the shows are in terms of what makes them good

its all about having good actors playing well developed characters

scratch that, its all about the writing

thats it, the only thing you need to make a great show is writing. everything else is bonus

yeah but Ken's revenge was the sweetest of them all, the way he just fucking stood up Roger like that was the ballsiest thing any character did in the entire series.

Do you have a link to that video? I always see this image but have never been able to find the vid

exactly

agreed it was, but at what cost

mad men was overrated, boring shit.

step off nigga

this is overrated bait

Sort of
I do think it and Episode 2 are a little heavy handed, but I also think it's a brilliant set up for episode 3 which starts out just like them, then halfway through changes gear completely and focuses entirely on Sally's birthday party

kys deefz

Yeah, sorta the point. You don't logic your way out of a bad habit. Shit runs deep.

Signal 30 is a masterpiece of a TV episode. It was actually co-written by Weiner and Frank Pierson, the guy who wrote Dog Day Afternoon.

>it's a sally episode
f-fuck

You will grow to love him, user.

HANDSOME'D

just wait til season five, where you get the best petesode. By that time he will be literally you. It happened to me.

Pete was the best character so you're okay.

>there's a sense with Pete that there's always a chip on his shoulder and he'll eternally feel misunderstood and undervalued. He'll always inspire a mixture of pity and exasperation, because he's smart and insightful, but he can be a piece of work.

fucking Chad

I think it is actually pretty good because it lets us into Don Draper. The first episode exposes us to a suave and brilliant businessman who is at the top of his game. The season gradually exposes him to be a complete fraud who is broken on the inside. Pilot Don is what he wants us to think he's like, but the show unravels the suit until you see the naked truth.

fucking THIS.

This is why The Leftovers is so great

stan was the shit. Top 5 characters t.b.h.

Stan was great, one of the most underrated characters no doubt. They always had a fun stable of copywriters it seemed, I like the storyline they did with Ginsburg. Interesting how both of those guys later got gigs as the male lead on network TV shows after leaving Mad Men

And he comes from DiCaprio's so-called Pussy Posse

>sal never came back

What happened to him lads?

Weiner confirmed that he was killed in a hate crime after the Stonewall Riots.

Mad Men threads are the best threads on Sup Forums.

Favorite season everyone? Mine is 5. Megan a sex.

>Seeing yourself in Pete.

So, you're a spoiled tryhard manchild who can't close a valve to turn off a faucet??

Mostly someone who tends to overanalyze social actions, and is overly obsessed with not being slighted.

I love that scene where his father-in-law calls him an asshole and Pete just has this look like "duh, I know."

it's a toss-up between 4 and 5 for me

YES

I wish I could see the look on your face right now

Don't worry. Pete wins the Iron Throne in the end.

>tfw Stan is in Twin Peaks Season 3

This. Well said.

wew lad, congratulations

ZOU BISOU BISOU

That's the whole point of don

4 was pretty incredible second time through, but the second half of 5 is hard to top

I'm currently watching for the first time and I've just finished 4

4 has been the best season by far for me

Season 7A.

is that actually you user