Post your favourite instrumental hip-hop album

Post your favourite instrumental hip-hop album

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YnjRxj53Stc
youtube.com/watch?v=wnM6cuEZ404
youtube.com/watch?v=4EnOMvE-JL8
youtube.com/watch?v=wnM6cuEZ404&list=PLj8qOFarFN7365hS2LLEXv9ZcdH2ctw4t&index=10
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

pic related best hip hop ever
j dilla 7/10 at best

what's the point of this threads if we're gonna post always the same stuff?

Still digesting it.

welcome to Sup Forums. now get out

I am as well. I get through a few songs and it feels like the first time I listened to SILY.

Donuts is better.

lol look at this ignorant

I'm more smarter.

It's kinda cheating because there are a handful of feature verses, but all of his beats are gorgeous

>everyone posts generic everybodyknown shit
guys pls

Alright, post something that isn't known then. Don't complain about taste if you won't post.

You already posted it.

thoughts on this?

This or one of Marcus D's albums.

Isn't that the guy that finished J Dilla's The Shining after he died?

Modal Soul and Departure are better

Sirrah is my favorite track.
is a dope album as well.

I haven't seen a thread with this much good taste in a long time. Love every album here (so far at least).

SILY???????

It's not better than this...

mu isn't fond of it, but it's got some catchy summer songs

my niggas for fat jon

that's almost cheating

This album didnt really capture my taste, and i was around the time when california underground hip hop was at its peak

I know its not entirely instrumental hip hop but still

you should get that checked out

its this simply because of the variety and the amount of god tier beats
this is more concise but the instrumentals aren't better, but they're still pretty damn good

donuts is not better than endtroducing

>nuh uh
tell me why its not better instead of just making statements

it's not as creative and its boring

>it's not as creative
actually i would argue its more creative simply for the versatility and variety of the beats, also for the samples used.
>and its boring
subjective as fuck

>he thinks that Donuts is uncreative

didn't say its uncreative fuckface
it's not anywhere near as creative as endtroducing foh
versatility and variety? dilla beats mostly all sound the same. the samples aren't very obscure either. hes good. you corny amillion people make 'dilla beats' but who out there is making something like endtroducing? because it's original and creative and not formulaic to the point that 'fans' can do the same shit.

yeah... shut up

you already did my friend

Not all of Endtroducing's are THAT obscure, there is even one song that sampled Orion or whatever that Metallica song was called and I'm pretty sure there are some other popular songs that were sampled that am also forgetting too

good one my dear friend, never seen it posted on mu until now

>waves, hi,geek down, airworks, workinonit all sound the same
these are only 5 songs off the top off my head, i simply cannot believe someone would say this. Just because his beat making is repeatable doesn't make it bad, but it definitely does show he has a distinct sound.
>Donuts isn't original or creative and is formulaic
more people also know about Dilla than DJ shadow. Also Dilla died so they could make a similar beat as a tribute. Endtroducing is good dont get me wrong but donuts has more going for it

i'm not claiming they are obscure samples dumbfuck you are
i'm not pulling the guys sound down or saying it's uncreative or bad wtf is wrong with you idiots? he stumbled onto his own flavor. it's very repeatable. not many people are able to repeat endtroducing's sound. it's not as creative as endtroducing. dilla was always mainstream and major label. shadow is mostly indie.

>because it's original and creative and not formulaic to the point that 'fans' can do the same shit.
These are your own words. Btw has anyone reputable ever attempted to ever recreate DJ shadows sound? Dilla gained significant notoriety after dying so clearly people are going to copy his sound

I prefer Endtroducing but I'll post this for the sake of variety

yeah but >everything I said already you not engaging with

>thanks for pointing out my own words to me
yeah i wrote them

dilla was already very well known and his sound was all over major labels and radio airwaves years before he even released donuts. he wasn't some underground dude. he was mainstream as hell and so was his sound. people didn't just clone his sound after he died. he makes good stuff but it's not that creative if every dickhead with a DAW can make it. it's cool it's just simple. i think it's fine people want to recreate it just as long as they learn from it and grow their own flavor. 'reputable'? you don't know shit about reputable. shadows sound is entirely his own you don't know what you will get from his releases. endtroducing is way more creative and it came out years before donuts too.

>'clearly'

The noise, drone, edm, and metal tracks really slow this album down, and make it a chore to listen to.

how's the baby food?

>Dilla
Expected
>Madlib
Expected
>no Flying Lotus
Disgusting

I've been meaning to check this one out. Is it live?

best ITT

GTFOH

no u

Great album but I don't see how it's instrumental hip hop.

ok got me

Dated.
>Not Lovage

no. Its madlib sampling/remixing songs from blue note records

Undoubtedly.

New music from him next week too lads

Imagine if this guy had better album artwork

yeah because music is about visual art right?

please post an instrumental hip hop album with better 'artwork'

Dirty Art Club - Heavy Starch

I didn't say that, and many have been posted in this thread

Relevant chart.

yeah so dude bro guy... which one that was posted for example again there James Van Allen?

does four tet really count as intrumental hip hop

No but GZA - LIQUID SWORDS does somehow.

probably a joke since it always gets memed here

youtube.com/watch?v=YnjRxj53Stc

my nigga

this desu

Being instrumental sounds like the most counterintuitive thing for hip hop to be

why's that?

hydeout 2 is superior to the first on so many levels

Maybe I associate hip hop too strongly with rap style vocal delivery but synthesised, rhythmatically pronounced music doesnt sound like great instrumental material either unless its fused with another genre to the point where its not fully hip hop anymore.

Beatminerz released instrumental versions of Enta Da Stage and Dah Shinin. While you can tell the instrumentals weren't made to be stand-alone without vocals they're still incredibly well made, probably the best producing the east coast saw in the 90s.

youtube.com/watch?v=wnM6cuEZ404
youtube.com/watch?v=4EnOMvE-JL8

youtube.com/watch?v=wnM6cuEZ404&list=PLj8qOFarFN7365hS2LLEXv9ZcdH2ctw4t&index=10

West Coast is Best

how?

I wish kanye west would make an instrumental album

no

College Dropout instrumentals are great and easy to find.

Probably the best thing to ever come out of Hydeout.

this is all you need

dj shadow - private press

flying lotus - you're dead (if it counts)

modal soul 10/10 best nujabes album

what's wrong with the album artwork?

not my favorite instrumental hip hop but damn goody

Autism.

not an argument