Do any of you have read the bible? Does any of you believe in Jesus?

Do any of you have read the bible? Does any of you believe in Jesus?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VjEqoltgSQE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I've read and Bible and yes I believe in Jesus, what of it?

I kinda do, but is more a matter of choice really

Yup and yup.

I have a problem that God won't forgive me anymore

You commited blasphemy of the holy spirit?

Reading the Bible when I was a child made me an atheist.

Ok let's talk about it. Didn't God say that he would forgive you no matter what? I don't think he'll hold a grudge if you just pray a little and look into help somewhere better than Sup Forums.

I did a lot of study on bible, and Jesus is real.

For everyone who has good brain; The bible is an "alien" book crypted. Very fun to decrypte.

Yes

I don't think that's possible anymore

Damn man, I'm sorry that Bobby Flay's Cooking Bible made you an edgy 17 year old

God told me no forgiveness not in this world not every after choosing the lie.

Holy shit, you might be in deep shit with the big man. If you're genuine about getting forgiveness then try to patch things up with him.

You sure? How did it happen?

youtu.be/VjEqoltgSQE

When did God talk to you? Why you?

Well, there is always hope I believe.

"Who then can be saved?"
"With man it is impossible, but with God, anything is possible."

This guy is right, getting into Heaven is easy! No credit card, no sign up, no bullshit. Just follow Jesus' teachings and try to be good while here.

I believe in Jesus, he lived. I don't believe in god. That's just silly.

So a friend of mine recently lost his father, I don't know what to say, he wants to detatch himself from everything and go around the world. What would someone with a strong christian moral suggest he does?

Bible is a load of horse shit. Jesus, I believe in. All the prophets too. Yes even Muhammed. He was also there.

judging by your grammar, I'm surprised you can even read yourself, there, op

God Asked me to repent of a sin I was stuck in but I didn't. After that God put me to the test and I chose the lie. Now God won't forgive me anymore.

He wants to travel the world? Let him, he'll enjoy himself user, away from all the heartache and in a new surrounding will help him out.

He'll always forgive you user, no matter how many times you fail. I think that whole "repent" thing could be a test to see if you're ready. Most people just jump right into Christianity or are born into it, Jesus said rather than jumping into Christianity, see if you are strong enough, realize what is right and wrong, then try to get out whatever is wrong or steadily cut down on it.

God doesn't try to make you believe in him with proof, besides the ominous threat of hell fire.

That's not blasphemy against the holy spirit. You're good op, don't worry, you just made a mistake, no big

That's what I thought, but he hasn't got any completed degrees and I think it would offset him by quite some time, only to find he could have had happyness a simpler way. He's a buddhist btw

the way I see the new testament, hell would be the place for those who embrace their negation of god. Otherwise the almighty dude should forgive you anyways. the way I think, hell doesn't exist.

The OP never said God. He simply asked if I believed in a book written by men about an entity of immeasurable power and a man born from it.

If you think it won't turn out good for him then help him out of it then try to help him cope with his father's death.

I ammend. He actually said did I read it. His poor grammar confused me. Yes I've read it.

Well he said Jesus and Jesus is God so...

I'll try my best. And don't you worry about the forgiveness of god, he's a saint: he forgave the fucking jews

He is a forgiver but there is a list of people that wont enter the kingdom in the afterlife. Also not everyone who calls him lord will not enter.

Aspect yes. But that still doesn't make the Bible, Torah or Quran correct. Men writing down the word of God is going to get corrupted. Some truth to sift from the dross.

i'm a ex-atheist & nondenominational christian. i have a background in the salvation army and abandoned faith for the bigger part of my life, thanks to bad experiences & the lack of proper understanding of religion.

like all kids who grow up in crazy religious surroundings, you'll end up as an atheist just to distance yourself from the crazy, but as you grow older you'll start encounter questions that atheism can't answer satisfactory.

i'd probably would have stayed atheist if it weren't for two factors: enter atheism+ and my rejection of moral being a relative feeling

Why?

Ok so who's to say that OP isn't in the list? Who's to say God didn't plan out the infinite possibilities to end the world and his edgy creation, Satan, in the best possible way? Who's to say that God doesn't already know who's a dick and who's not?

No god needed

Yes, sinners will enter purgatory.

"If your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better to enter life blind then have your whole body cast into the fires of hell."

So basically my plan is sin a whole bunch and then repent before I die.

Yeah just look at the Catholic religion, they took a Monotheistic religion and turned it into a false-Polytheistic religion with all kinds of weird shit injected into it.

except for government. all hail the commandments of social justice

physics major here, misinformation is a thing, you are retarded.

Never enjoyed the whole being born in sin. That idea seems ungodly to me.

Christians get my goat the most with their whole hour long sermons for money.

Purgatory doesn't exist in Christianity, it was never mentioned until the early 1400's when the Vatican started charging people to pray for the "suffering souls" in Purgatory. They did the same thing earlier in 500 AD when they started saying Mary did basically everything Jesus did.

Aren't most churches buildings with bills to pay? They need money to keep the church running though sometimes some churches steal money.

I've read the entire bible but I don't believe in jesus. just did it because i was bored really

Explain this because all I see are lines with no data or anything behind it.

If you did then can you tell me how Samson was so strong?

Well, to me just from reading the bible it seems like there is the threat of eternal damnation and temporary damnation. Eternal damnation for non-believers and temporary damnation for wicked believers.
Purgatory is just temporary damnation no?

Churches of all kinds are too opulent. God is everywhere, worship him in the moments where you can with those you wish to.

I donate my portion right where God wants it. With the poor and infirm.

I tried reading it. It has some good stuff in there. I do not take it literally. I do not know if Jesus was a real person. I have no proof one way or another.

I just try to be a good human.

Depends on which book you read. (Human revisions and all that, gotta keep god current.)

I think he means if you call the start to the universe a Big Bang instead of Big ol' Bob creator of mankind you can find some sort of autistic sense of self sufficiency

A church is just a place where people go to worship their God as a group, where they can learn and understand more about their belief, not where to find him.

Don't mock someone's belief. He believes in an explosion who says that's wrong? Did God tell you how he meant to create the universe? Maybe he did start off with a bang. Seems appropriate to me.

But is that what it is truly used for? Watch those who go to church, maybe 10 percent are there for the eight reason, they will all say they are.

I don't believe the stories in the bible happened

Most are allegory and others blown out of proportion. I agree with you, but at the same time there is always some truth in a story

Here's God's thing though (which is what you're missing), there's punishment for denying him and doing things he doesn't approve of (not minor shit but bigger and worse things) and then there's Heaven which is where you can chill for a bit until it's gone then you get a Final Judgement (usually it gives the same results as before) and then you got two new destinations: New Heaven and the Lake of Fire (ya boy Satan will be down there too but him and his edgy son along with all their followers and buddies will burn forever.) from that point who knows?

That's not an answer, dipshit

I agree there is always some truth in a story, but I dont think the truth in the stories of the bible is that there is a god. I must sleep now but I wish you a happy life.

how can santa travel to all those houses without the power of reindeer?

I dont believe in santa.

Thats not an answer, dipshit

That's just how some people are. Others go for help, some for inspiration, some for what I said, and some for no reason at all other than "yeah I went to church so when will God give me shit?"

That is what I dislike, the story lacks substance. I don't think God does all that. Satan is doing God's work though. Weeding out the weak spirited.

Killing is unforgivable yet we have soldiers, suicide is an unforgivable sin, yet sacrifice to save another does often created a suicide.

We can only do our best and leave the rest to hope or whatever is truly past life, maybe nothing at the end after all, but doesn't that seem depressing?

But you said you read the Bible, if you did then you can tell me something so basic as that. You're dancing around the question with not-so effective humor. If you know it then answer it, your belief has nothing to do with what the story says.

Read the bible, don't believe any of it. I understand the core values of behavior it teaches are important but fuck the rest. The earth is a lot older than 6000 years old.

Has what blasphemy of the Holy Spirit actually means in action or deed been defined specifically anywhere in the Bible?

I haven't found it

OH I misinterpreeted you. I thought you were saying "if you dont believe in the Jesus, then how could samson have been so strong."

Samson got his strength from God of course, but theres weird trickery with his power being in his hair. Debatable but I'd say ultimately his power came from god.

Soldiers are exempt since it's their job to protect those who are innocent.

No one ever said suicide is unforgivable, I don't know why people think this.

If God was around for so long and is still going then don't you think if he could've created the universe he could've thought up a few what if scenario's? I'm sure he has his sense of reasoning with certain circumstances like everyone else.

FUCK JESUS CHRIST!!! FUCK JESUS CHRIST!!!! JESUS CHRIST SUCK MY COCK!!! JESUS CHRIST IS CUMWHORE!!!

But Jesus is God

Basically literal would be taking the lords name in vain (90% of the world is fucked) or perhaps true mockery of God is actual intent to blaspheme.

at what part does it say that the Earth is 6000 years old?

If you're a trinitarian sure.

In the end you're wrong about religion and will have wasted your life believing in something false. Go now and die to get to your nonexistant heaven believer.

what

I think God meant like talking shit about him, lying about him, tarnishing his name, cursing him, shit like that.

Soldiers are not exempt because we say they are. That's now how it works.

And sacrificing your life to save another is suicide. You saved a life but also took one. Doing nothing would just make you feel bad.

My point is there are obvious things that we just assume are taken into account. No one actually can prove they do.

How do you know there's no afterlife or God? You got nothing to show for it. We have over the last 4000 years of proof.

Dont save a thumpnail, you idiot.

???

What proof? He could be right, but if he's wrong it's funnier for everyone at the gate when he gets there.

yo he loves the children

But you're risking your life for someone else's in an act of selflessness, murder is usually done because of hateful intent.
> inb4 killing before being killed or harmed
That's just self defense my dude, God gets that.

God won't forgive me

don't spell it thumpnail you IDIOT

The facts of what has happened in the past and the prophecies that have come true from the Bible. In case you didn't notice, 90% of the Bible is a Middle Eastern history lesson.

I got question to all believers. How is it that you treat half of old testament as a metaphor and then you take new testament as a historical facts? Why if something is such an oblivious bullshit like Noah's ark or all of genesis you say it was all metaphor? Where is the border in Bible between it being metaphorical and becoming a fact for you? And pls no replies from people who take ALL of the Bible literally. You are obviously morons just for thinking that Noah could fit all of the animals on one fucking boat.

I've read la Biblia. I believe that Jesús crossed the border for our sins.

But where is your proof. Again I'm making the point that everyone just goes with it because "it's in the bible." So are a lot of things. Every few decades the bible changes to fit the times. Immutable book my ass is my point. "God gets that" is the response of human thinking. He is described as enigmatic yet we just go "He'll understand I threw my baby out of a 4 story building because we were burning to death." You don't know. No one does. That's the point.

What makes you so sure? God loves you and wants you to come to him whenever you commit something against him so he can forgive you. Remember, God is our father and wants us to be happy and with him. He doesn't want you moping in fear that he won't forgive you, he loves you man and all he wants from you right now is your permission to help out.

Nostradamus was considered a heretic yet he predicted things that came true what's the difference?

Dude we have no idea on how God does shit, we never will. Most of the things that happened in the Bible did happen but some stories are there to show God's love and who he is and his plans for us. Some stories are to show his willingness to create, save, destroy, love, and restore. There's a lot in the Bible but even a blind man could see some things to be metaphors for something bigger.

Nice

Ok, so where is the border of what is metaphor and what's not? And why is that over the years more and more stories are becoming metaphors? Whatever science and education go a bit further so that yet another story seems too stupid for most people to believe it suddenly turns out it's a metaphor. How long until the very existence of Jesus becomes a metaphor?

You took an example that is far too biased and insane to make any sense, do you think someone in their right mind would do such a thing? Even if the person was insane he would understand that they we not conscious of what they do, I do not know on what he would plan to do later with the person simply because I'm not him and cannot tell you every shred of his reasoning. Show me how the Bible is edited to fit the times besides a change in how they speak, this is to help the reader understand what they are saying because unless you don't realize this, people speak differently than they did why back when Moses and Christ walked the Earth.

Show me where less and less is taken as truth because all that I see as metaphor is "Hosea & Gomer" "Job" "Samson" some of "Genesis" and little pieces here and there that you could easily tell what has a different meaning. All it takes is a little common sense to understand the message being conveyed.

Okay if you don't like that one then let's do the opposite. A man donates to charities he spends his personal time feeding the homeless clothing the poor however he doesn't believe in God. This man will die if there is a God he will arrive at the gates and be turned away simply because he didn't believe.

That is not a God I can believe in. that is not my God. That is the God of the Bible. So you keep your imperfect being.

I do not know God's judgement on your "shining perfect" example pulled from a Dawkins' book because, once again, I'm not him. Your belief is your belief and I don't care what it is.

Just cause i know you, spend time with you, go out with you, share moments with you, call you my friend etc does not exactly make you my friend. Same concept applies for the lord thing. Somebody can scream and shout and sing and praise and preach to the world that the lord is their saviour and only their lord but the lord decides who will enter.

Look in the bible man. I know it's somewhere in there that says fornicators, thieves and etc will not enter the kingdom. I guess at that point in your life sin is a choice and not something you just stumble into unless you're an idiot, so in that context hell is up to you. Its all you whether you want to be in hell or heaven. Metaphorically, spiritually, physically, emotionally, psychologically etc