Sup Forums I come to you today with a PSA...

Sup Forums I come to you today with a PSA, because I hope no one else out there makes the same mistake I've fucking made. DO NOT ever, under ANY circumstances, allow a "Doctor," to prescribe this shit to you. I haven't taken one in three weeks and I still feel like fucking ass. This is not worth it in any way, shape, or form. I don't give a fuck what your problems are -- ask for something different medication-wise, smoke weed, do whatever it takes besides taking this shit.

>AMA

If you wish.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/science/2016/may/17/magic-mushrooms-lift-severe-depression-in-clinical-trial
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What are they for?

There are plenty of other SSRI or SNRIs you can take, you fucking idiot. Why don't you try actually talking to your doctor about your issues instead of going to Sup Forums to bitch like a fucking child?

"Hey guys, don't listen to medical doctors! Go smoke weed, it fixes everything! DURR!"

take phenibut if anything.

exercise and eat well. look into supplements

Yeah I took that a long time ago and I was fucking fne. ur probably gay and its a side effect.

I've been on paxil since 2003. It's helped me a lot. Apparently it doesn't work for autistic neckbeards like OP.

Lol all the pussies in this thread that can't handle normal life so they have to be put on meds.

Autism in children is a risk among pregnant women who take Paxil.

>not OP

I was put on them because I had a couple of panic attacks blindside me out of no where.

How do you think I ended up on the motherfuckers, you mongoloid? Crawl out of your basement and get a physical sometime, tubs.

Yeah, that's why I'm getting off of this gay shit. It completely negates the benefit of exercise, which I do every single day. Also, I don't really take supplements besides creatine and vitamins.

Yeah, that's why you're on Sup Forums.

I can only imagine how morbidly obese you are. You've been on this shit for 14 years? Goddamn, you've completely failed at life. I'm sorry.

I was on paxil in my teens and it made me hyper aggressive. Tried a fair amount of medications over the years and none worked well for me, most had side effects to boot. At the same time I know a few people that are doing well on medications, it depends on the individual. Generally I'd agree with you OP, unless someone is so bad off that they're 5150 psychiatric medications aren't worth the potential harm.

Keep calling people fat while you look up what projection is, dumb ass.

You should be taking lexapro/escitalopram instead

That's odd. From what I understand, it tends to sedate people and they just sort of cruise through life without emotion.

I definitely agree that medication can help certain individuals, but I'm just saying that people should be more informed about what idiot doctors are giving them. Paxil is absolutely one of the worst, while there's relatively positive reviews for other meds out there that are for the same things.

Take your labored breathing elsewhere. You're not contributing to this thread in any way. :)

When I was in college I went to the student health center to see if there was anything they could do for my insomnia. The doctor there told me to try out sertaline for a month. I'm not a doctor so I actually took this shit for 30 days without researching what it was and it made my insomnia worse. So I go back once my 30 days are up and they gave me a different doctor. I tell her about what the other doctor told me and how my insomnia got worse. Then I mentioned that I wouldn't be picking up my refill of sertaline and she says, "So you're taking yourself off your anti depressants without a doctor's permission?" I was never depressed, I just stressed from school wanted to get a full night's sleep. I think maybe doctors are so worried about a kid leaving their office and then committing suicide or something that they just push anti depressants. That way they could sort of cover their ass in case of an investigation.

I'm not familiar with Lexapro, but I've heard that Wellbutrin is amazing.

lol this

My husband and I were both on this for years and both made the educated, researched, and medically advised decision to quit it two months ago due to our living situations changing for the better, and the SSRI-specific lack-of-sex-drive we were both feeling.
I decided to go cold turkey, and he took himself down to 10mg/day (both at 30) over the course of a month, which he then stopped taking.
I suffered horrible withdrawal for three weeks straight - aggression, anxiety, insomnia, nausea, brainshocks, and heightened light sensitivity. It was pretty bad... but, not any worse/better than getting off of cilexa and prozac.
He suffered none of it by tapering off. As a matter of fact, his sex drive was back in spades at the 10mg mark, and now that he's been off it for about two weeks, he says it's never been stronger.

tl;dr: going cold turkey is dumb in any drug. tapering off will get rid of your withdrawal. talk to your doctor about what you want to do. Don't be a retard; docs know what they're doing.

lol what a faggot
you weed-tards give all other responsible users a bad name

Yeah, paxil is hardcore coming off of..
But so are most other drugs.

I start having hallucinogenic withdrawals within three days of not taking paxil. But, I like not trying to kill myself, so I think I'll stay on it.

I was on Paxil when I was 15. It lead me into losing all moral sensibility.

I started doing things like shoplifting, getting any drug in my hand, speaking to any stranger, pulling a knife out in fear at someone. A lot of stupid stuff I wouldn't normally do.

Eventually I was met with not being able to move, just think, I couldn't even breathe. If I did not come back to my consciousness I may have died.

You have every right to hate Paxil. It's as bad as you're stating. I would never take anything like that again and still have guilt from things I did when taking it.

I don't understand why doctors do shit like that. They prescribe you some crazy bullshit for a relatively common problem. Couldn't they have just hooked you up with some Tylenol PM?

What reasons made you decide to give it up? I never had the sexual side effects, but the damn decreased metabolism is horrible.

I'd say my withdrawal definitely isn't as bad as some of the horror stories I've heard. I've heard of people having hallucinations and all kinds of shit. I haven't had that. The nausea, vertigo, and dizziness is fucking gay. I also have the head zaps, but those are the lease of my problems. The mood swings are also shitty.

How do you feel now? I tapered off somewhat, and now I'm feeling the withdrawal effects, but I'm so far in that I refuse to take another. How the hell did it happen when you started feeling better? Did you just wake up one day and the withdrawal was gone or did it slowly just go away? It's seriously beginning to feel like I'm going to be stuck like this forever.

there's a reason why there are a whole bunch of different antidepressant drugs on the market and its more than just "muh big medical".

Treating an emotional disorders with drugs is difficult because there's no telling if one that works for patient A will work for B and C.

Not only that but they aren't supposed to iron your personality into something perfectly smooth and numb. Medication is supposed to be used alongside psychological therapy to help a person to learn how to better work with whatever their condition may be.

Anyway, im sorry to hear it fucked you up dude. tell your doctor this is not a solution. tell him it made you feel like shit, give specifics to why. A good doctor goes to work to make sure you don't have to see him more than you need to, he'll hear you out and help if he is.

SSRIs will do that.

The damage can be fixed, but it takes time, and exercise helps.

Amphetamines and mushrooms - if used ONCE or TWICE and NO MORE than that - can push you right along the road to recovery from SSRI damage.

inb4 "I'm a medicalfag and I disagree"

Yeah, you're fucking paid to disagree, and some of us who've been on the shit and had to brainstorm how to fix the damage because you fuckers are paid to not believe in it figured this out by trial and error.

I'm saying there are other alternatives besides Paxil. Some people I've talked to have said that weed has helped them with the same problems that Paxil is prescribed for. A lot of you are really clinging onto the whole weed thing in my original post. I'm assuming you were all busy playing World of Warcraft on Saturday night for 14 hours while everyone else was out partying, having fun, and getting high. I'm sorry you're a neckbeard :(

Yeah man, if you feel like you need it, by all means, take the shit. It's not worth killing yourself over. The weird shit is, I didn't feel withdrawal after three days. It takes me about a week without it before I felt anything.

I've heard a LOT of horror stories like yours, man. People say that it literally made them into a walking zombie. Thankfully, I haven't had shit that bad, so I can only imagine what you went through. When you come off of the shit, you begin to realize how this medicine can truly fuck with your head. I mean, I never knew what the fuck a "brain zap," was until now, and it's all because of this bullshit known as Paxil.

Stay in there and don't think about the past, man. That wasn't you when you were on this shit and you know it.

Tried all the common anti-depressants and here is what I know:

- None of them work well to lower anxiety/depression
- Paxil was by far the shittiest
- Prozac and Zoloft were the best but still didn't help in the long run

>I've heard a LOT of horror stories like yours, man. People say that it literally made them into a walking zombie. Thankfully, I haven't had shit that bad, so I can only imagine what you went through. When you come off of the shit, you begin to realize how this medicine can truly fuck with your head. I mean, I never knew what the fuck a "brain zap," was until now, and it's all because of this bullshit known as Paxil.
>
>Stay in there and don't think about the past, man. That wasn't you when you were on this shit and you know it.

Thank you. It's nice knowing that because not many people can sympathize or understand what it put me through. It felt like I was trapped in a bubble and unable to control my own actions or emotions. It's a horrifying feeling. If I did not stop breathing, I wouldn't have gotten to the state to know I shouldn't have been on it. With that happening years ago, I now control everything with just acknowledgement with my thoughts and feelings. I try to assert myself, and just let whatever happens be. It's more comfortable that way.

Yeah, I've heard a lot of different shit happens to work for different people. It just seems that after doing some research that Paxil is universally fucked up and is an old drug that's still being prescribed, while there's new alternatives that are supposed to be much better and with less side effects.

I got suckered into taking this shit by a physician and not a psychiatrist, which is another thing that kind of upsets me. Apparently, physicians aren't aware of these drugs like psychiatrists and can prescribe shit that will really fuck you up mentally.

Thanks for the advice man and I'm sticking in there. I'm going to start seeing a psychiatrist and get what I truly need. Paxil definitely isn't for me.

That's the thing, man. These doctors can sit behind a desk and prescribe all kinds of shit to people without consequences. We're the ones that have to suffer because of their decisions.

doctor here. there's actually been some interesting research in the use of mushrooms as an isolated treatment to help people with mood disorders.

as a doctor im unable to recommend it to patients, but i'm looking forward to a day where i'll be able to. Lots of interesting results from medical journals, and even had a few patients confess the use of them as treatment, not recreational. We can't argue results but it still requires more research which we can't do without funding. and nobody wants to fund us getting people to trip ballz. lots of self righteous puritan red tape in the medical field.

I've whipped my way through the whole range. Paxil works for me. Lexapro, welbutrin, celexa and a few more I can't remember didn't work for me. Paxil does. Everyone is different

hang in there, dont be afraid to see if another one might work out better for you.

I'm actually on paxil, 40mg. I think I might be one of the lucky few that it actually works very good for. No weight gain, no sexual side effects or feeling morally catatonic. But yeah, when I miss a dose I feel like a twitchy maniac. Then again, that's the exact reason I searched out medical help in the first place.

anyway, feel better man. psychiatrist would be a good choice for you. also a therapist might help you work beyond even needing any medication in the long-run!!

That's the thing, man. These drugs can literally take your life away from you and turn you into something you're not. There's even a video of Jim Carrey talking about when he was on stuff like Paxil and said that he thought it could be a nice little way to get numb until the major shit blew over, but the major problem is that people will stay on it forever and never face the real issues that arise in their life.

I've heard of people being on Paxil and not giving a shit about their family, spouse, girlfriend, finances, etc... It can really make shit go downhill quickly.

I wouldn't mind hearing about this. I've never taken shrooms or anything like that, but at least they're not made in a lab somewhere.

Just for the hell of it, you should quit them cold turkey for a week... those withdrawals are something else.

Man, how long did it take you to figure out what worked? Have you noticed any side effects at all from it?

I've been on like every antidepressant and benzo out there, trying weed fucked me up the most, it caused depersonalization/derealization disorder that lasted over 7 years and I still deal with it.

Forgot to add I am on paxil now, I'm weaning off since it made me gain 20-30lbs and makes me tired all the time.

Thanks Sup Forumsro. I'm definitely seeing a psychiatrist now, who I trust a lot more with my mental health than a physician. I'm glad it works for you and you don't have any of the side effects. It didn't mess with me sexually, but it did mess with my metabolism majorly and sedated me somewhat.

I definitely don't want to be on any meds in the long run, dude. I think that's the way to go, for sure.

>I've heard a LOT of horror stories like yours, man. People say that it literally made them into a walking zombie. Thankfully, I haven't had shit that bad, so I can only imagine what you went through. When you come off of the shit, you begin to realize how this medicine can truly fuck with your head. I mean, I never knew what the fuck a "brain zap," was until now, and it's all because of this bullshit known as Paxil.
>
>Stay in there and don't think about the past, man. That wasn't you when you were on this shit and you know it.

This thread is more fucking gay than a gay ass trap thread you autistic fuck.

Ugh. Paxil will apparently destroy your metabolism, which is why I'm getting the fuck off of it. That's in addition to sedating you, so both of those things combined can fuck up your weight for sure.

As for weed, you should definitely stay away from it.

I'm sorry you don't have any friends. :(

theguardian.com/science/2016/may/17/magic-mushrooms-lift-severe-depression-in-clinical-trial

its been bouncing around in a lot of medical journals right now too. We're excited, but the research like i said is slow. We still don't even entirely understand all the ways the drug works yet. Trust me though, we're all hoping this can help people better than just giving them a "sanity-subscription" in pill form. Most of us don't feel really good about that.

Go back to reddi,t

Clearly you don't either, otherwise you wouldn't be saying this gay shit on Sup Forums

Dude, that's freaking bad ass!You're just trying your little heart out aren't you, bud?

I'm not endorsing antidepressants or saying they're the best thing in the world, but it's important to note some important things about them.
Everyone reacts a little differently to antidepressants, and it can take quite awhile to get the correct drug and dosage for each individual. It's not a perfect science yet but is improving all the time. It also typically takes multiple months to accurately know if something is having the desired effect.

What this means is that side effects are common but different people can have different side effects. Paxil is not a drug that works for me but I know others who do great with it.
There's no catch-all antidepressant and it varies wildly person to person.

Gee, I wonder how I called that one? :)

Some cause naseua, some caused impotence, some caused lethargy. While on welbutrin, my brain would just sort of click out.

Same thing with mood stabilizer. Depakote, lithium, carbazapene. One made me agressive, one made my psoriasis about 50% worse, one sent to the ER with a weird allergic reaction that only .05% of users suffer. It takes time to find what works for you. And for me, Paxil is the antidepressant that works best.

Yeah I eat like crazy now too, and weed I stopped like when i was 16 or 17, but one time when I was drunk i smoked a little, big mistake, it just doesn't work well with my brain.

>implying all this shit isn't just a band-aid that fucks up your brain

I was close to going on an ssri happy i found psychedelics first. Only took a handful of heavy dose trips and a few months of micro dosing and the psychedelics literally killed my depression. After an LSD trip about a year ago it literally felt like a fog was lifted out of my brain and i have been happy ever since. Glad to see psychedelics are being studied again, I can almost guarantee in 10 years they will be used to CURE depression and many other mental illnesses, not put a band-aid over it!

ITT: Lazy fat fucker gets put on paxil. Continues to grow into his full fat merican self. Blames drugs. Goes full retard and starts a thread.

All ssris are a bad idea and help nothing, all they do is allow for more school shootings.