Why are many (not all) Russian people so serious during daily life? Like...

Why are many (not all) Russian people so serious during daily life? Like, during work and walking around but as soon as they are at home they are talkative and happy.

I've been told it's strange to smile at strangers in Russia and makes you look simple/ mentally ill.
Is this bullshit? or do people just act like robots until they get home?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v7UMdniHWkI
youtube.com/watch?v=sqQZEPUisaM
youtube.com/watch?v=BLj3aYPXEEo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

total BS. Been to Moscow and people are cheerful and smiling. I heard that myth about "Russians think smiling means you're retarded", but it was not the case. I don't if it's like that outside the city, but Moscow is a nice and welcoming place to visit as a tourist.

It doesn't make you look mentally ill as long as you have a reason to smile at strangers.

-The Great El Kumquatay

That's what I thought, but I have been to 3 Russian cities now and still notice the trend. I wonder if it's because I was noticeably foreign dressed. I agree though, Moscow has a completely different vibe.

i smiled at a russian girl and she let me pound her raw behind a dumpster and i dont even know russian

is Russia like a free country? or is it facist? I don't understand the political situation
I'm pretty sure it's free, like you can go there and not get gulaged but it's still not a democracy

The impression I got was... before was awful and now it is not as awful... so the population keep a strong leader and turn a blind eye to his faults.

Much like America then, youtube.com/watch?v=v7UMdniHWkI

Russia is nothing special, much safer than America and most of Europe IMO.

Arent you talking about mein Deutsches Volk hier?
Never seen a slav working in my life

Russian here, live in Moscow, AMA

its pretty free as long as you're not gay or against the government or any of its actions.

Scandinavian-Russian girl here.

It's just genetics to not trust anybody.

so hookers into watersports, easy to find or did trump just get them because he's super rich?

it's almost like different cultures behave differently to each other, who knew?

As I know, it's pretty easy to find hooker in Russia, I often see ads offering me one, maybe some of them are into peeing

So is it a distrust thing? You only trust those you know in your close circle?

because life is shit in russia

yeah, and it's like they got a different word for everything!

Russians are the most pessimistic people I've ever met. They never smile but they only smile if they have something to smile about - if something is funny, or if someone does something nice, etc. They don't smile just to be pleasant. They think you're making fun of them if you smile at them for no reason.

To them, they've lived such hard, shit lives that they rarely have something to smile about. Everyone is out for themselves, from the top down. I went to Moscow and grabbed a cab one time for business. The cab (if you could call the avocado green rectangle I was in a Cab) driver said "Ah, American, eh? Why you come to Moscow? Moscow shit. Nothing good here. Cold, poor. Only people with money are Powerful or Criminal.

I've never met a more indifferent people. The only plus side to there was the amount of Street Kids they had. Girls and Boys as young as 10 who will crowd around you asking for money. They're especially prevalent in St. Petersburg. But the girls know whats up, and for what basically amounts to $100 or $150, you can take a couple of girls back to your hotel and do whatever you want to them, no condom, and no judgment from the hotel staff. It's like Cambodia, but you have cute slavic girls instead of pan-faced gooks.

That's true for everyone I know. People, if they are walking alone, usually show zero emotions. If you ever been in Moscow Metro in rush hour, you would see the entire crowd of deadpans

They're into whatever you pay for. Most women in Russia are whores. They'll literally sell their adult children off to western strangers as mail order brides. They make it seem all legit by making you come to the country to meet their family a few times (basically to demonstrate you have enough money to pay).

It's how Melinia married Trump. She was a hooker, and catered to high-profile clients.

And yes, I know, she's Slovenian. Which Slovenians will say isn't russian. But it's old soviet and it's definitely slavic, and all slavs are basically russian. A bunch of beady-eyed soul-less pricks.

Why would you smile to a stranger? Fuck strangers.

I see, is it also professional for people selling things to also be deadpan? In my country people smile and are welcoming to customers in order to sell.

Germans are like this too. If you smile or say hello at a stranger they'll generally scowl at you or look extremely confused/startled.

I don't get it, but *shrug* that's just the way they are.

i too have heard that if you like the younger girls, but don't like non-white girls, russia, and particularly russia outside the big cities, is the way to go... but don't you run the risk they *really* know whats up and extort you afterwards to avoid decades in the gulag?

Being Russian myself, I concur with this gentleman. Although, with the younger people the picture is not so gloomy: they're mostly cheerful, more or less happy and smiling. In a nutshell, for the older people, the reason for this gloom and bitterness is that they miss the Soviet Union, where the government did all the thinking, and you didn't have to worry much. When it went down, a lot of opportunities rose, but people who were used to a dogmatic and old way of thinking couldn't adapt, hence the bitterness, malice, and poverty.

Hm, in that case that depends on person who is working, and a shop. Usually I meet deadpans, but sometimes cashier can even have a joke about something. But generally, the more is salary, the less they look like deadpans. In Starbucks, for example, its hard to see one

Interesting perspective. People want to live with less freedoms because due to a mix of pride and simple ease.

And what do you guys think about the whole 'fortress mentality' that many Russians hold. The idea that all the surrounding countries are constantly trying to undermine Russia. I didn't experience it in Moscow/ Peters but in the other cities people seemed suspicious when they heard me speak english.

capitalist american pig here Why does the radio music in russia sounds like shitty pop music from the 80's?

Because it's shit, man. As simple as that.

Well you have to take into account the fact that russia has no warm sea ports well atleast year round it doesn't. No warm sea ports no trade soo russia being russia it wants to expand and nato and fellow world wide navy says no; do the math. Also mob mentality on a large scale equals nationalist pride....

Well, Russia fought in many wars with huge amount of its neighbors, no wonder about fortress mentality. Moscow/Peters are huge tourist cities, so it is not 'true Russia' I guess.

Yes, we definitely have that. Then again, it's true for mostly older people, young ones are a lot more open-minded. But still, the majority of people think that Europe and the USA are at our throats, and that's sad.
And again, your observation on small cities is quite accurate: sometimes it's if like USSR never went away at those places.

It's sad because our government here in the States does the same to us. "The Russians can't be trusted" and all that blah blah. Personally, I find most Russians that I've met to be very hard working and admirable people. It's definitely hard to earn their trust though. They have a different way of seeing things than the average American.

I think I understand a bit more now. Yes, many people in my country view Russia as the backwards competitor. It's a shame. Spasiba for educating me.

creamy melatofag here what do you think about the underlying in group preference in russia?
youtube.com/watch?v=sqQZEPUisaM

A funny observation: I work at an international company and we have a lot of joint training and meetings with guys from all over the world. And from my experience, American guys were generally the most easygoing, fun to be around and talk, and I had a great time with them. Also, they were very knowledgeable and professional.

Ah well tbh if you ask me,
it's really becuase they're lightly autistic.
Not that i actually live in russia, it's just my assumption since my parents are russian.

What's inside the matryoshka doll?

No problem, bro. After all, what matter the most is your personal experience, don't let the stereotypes get to you.

I've worked with a lot of russians and they're all basically cheap hoods who are out for what they can get. And while I tend to do the western thing and lump all the old baltic states together as russia, they all have very similar soviet ties culturally.

All the credit card scammers? Russian. All the ATM skimmer guys when busted? Slavvy last names ending in "ovich" "ilev" "etrov" etc. All the hackers who break into websites and sell credit card databases? All out of russia, romania, bulgaria, etc.

The film Eastern Promises is their Godfather. But they're all like the Real Mafia, where they don't have any real power, and spend all their time doing cheap crimes and each person pulls in maybe 50k a year. Same an office secretary.

is incest and inbreeding a thing in russia? if so do think that is what leads to the stoic and slighy aggressive/autistic nature of the russia people? im not saying so im just a guy into alt theories...

How long would it take for an obvious faggot to get beat up if he walks the streets of moscow?

What if he's holding hands with another fag?

ha I met a girl from Russia once she said that fags get their heads kicked especially obvious ones....

"No problem"

That's my favorite russian saying in englsih. Every handyman I've had for apartments has been russian (at least when I rented).

Sink is busted. "No probleem guy. I feex it guud." Then I check the work later and it's just duct taped to shit. No replacement parts. Just glue and paint.

It's basically what the Soviets became starting around the 70's. Crumbling infrastructure, no money. And it got passed down to their kids. Everything was dumpy and looked like shit. Grime everywhere. Nothing worked right. Ask them about it? "Work good enough, guy. No probleem. It work. It break again, You call, I come by in a few days and feex again."

They're like 3rd worlders, but they actually had the means to fix things. They just didn't care enough/were too apathetic to do fuck-all about things.

Russians and Muslims definitely have it right on a few issues.

Interesting. We are usually very easygoing, but at the same time business is what we're good at. I suppose that I should have clarified a little better though. The general message that our mainstream media puts out is one of fear mongering. Most Americans like Russians or at least have a good respect for them. There is definitely a huge difference between coastal Americans and rural Americans though.

that answer is vodka, always vodka.

So they're like a slightly more tech friendly and smarter version of our gangs/niggers/mexicunts?

Living in a shit situation where you can't trust anyone does that to a person.

yes true but a piece of me wants russians to commit a second holocaust this time with the fuckin muslims. And the rest of the world wouldn't bat an eye while thousand of muslims die in nazi style gas chambers.

I am not russian but I am a slav.

>grow up watching a ton of american movies and shows
>I always wanted to make friends with everyone and was talkative (because that's what the people in movies did,they were friendly and open)
>people often bullied me
>finally make some friends
>they teach me that you should always mind your own business,be polite to people,but never too friendly because that makes you look tryhard weirdo
>suddenly I am more accepted
>ironically,I gained more friends this way than by being friendly

We are naturally wary people,that's why I know some of my country men have trouble adjusting to America.

lol there should be a show called slavic slums boys mockumentary style like trailer park boys it would watch globally except in russia where it would be banned for peddle true (but funny) stereotypes

It's not a bad thing. Most Americans are shallow people and will smile to your face and then talk shit about you behind your back while acting like everything is fine. I grew up here and I don't trust most people either.

When it comes to hilarious deaths, Russians definitely know how to party.

youtube.com/watch?v=BLj3aYPXEEo

ADIDAS everywhere.

In Eastern European families you trust your family/ inner circle less than anybody. But you're comfortable with them as you can predict their deceit.

kek

>adult children
>adult
>children

Whut

So it's like learning that you can't trust anyone right off the bat to teach you to stay on your toes at all times?

think of it this way subconsciously people have children as a retirement plan but if you live in shit country u can try to sell beautiful daughter to rich man so that worrying become less. She is adult child because moving out in shit country as women means 2 things prostitution or marriage which is same thing she smash for that cash

Children - a descendant of a parental
Adult - indicative of aged to physical maturity
Jesus user think before you post next time.

I come from an area with a big slav population in Western Europe. They generally work harder than your average Joe because they respect how much better things are here. It's when you get to know the DJ's and gopniks that you realise they party like you wouldn't believe too. An interesting people to be sure.

It certainly isn't a bad thing. Being aloof helped me make friends because they realized that my friendship isn't cheap (unlike when I was trying to be friends with everybody). Being too friendly is comparable to being a slut,everyone will use you but won't respect you

Yea, well, that's true for the most part. But there are a lot of hardworking abd honest people here too, just as there are a lot of lazy white niggers who don't give a fuck about anything.
But hey, we've had 2 empires collapse in Russia (Russian Empire and USSR) in a span of less than 100 years, gone through 2 World wars and a Civil war. Guess that's thr part of the reason that people in Russia are so apathetic and gloomy.

The guy wasn't making the connection between being an adult and someone's child at the same time.
See

What are DJ's and gopniks? I've never heard gopnik before.
>Mericunt

No pedo is going to travel from a real country to blayt land to fuck an adult

Exactly.

Exactly, plus people will take their kids / grand kids around them and tell people lies in front of them. Or they will have them lie to relatives about their whereabouts to be used as an alibi.

Inadvertently they train every child to be a liar, who also knows all their lying "styles". Every family in Eastern Europe is like game of thrones with deceit and grubby deals flying around between everybody involved.

I was referring to the whole mail order brides thing. The other guy was a little confused by it

Being from Eastern Europe,I would describe our mentality as prison mentality

>don't talk to too many people
>never discuss your feeling or god forbid,fears and weaknesses
>mind your own business
>if somebody is stepping up to you,step up or be their bitch
>stick with your own (family or long time friends)

> much safer than America

lol that's why 90% of LiveLeak videos are either from Russia or Brazil. Get fucked you idiot

This

I'm an adult. I'm the child of parents.

Adult child. Common term. Look it up.

Great point. Our mass-media tries to present the West as negatively as possible too. Make it look like we're surrounded and we have to "unite in the face of Western aggression".
Also, yes, threre is a huge difference between people in major cities and rural ones.

Honestly, that's the way of most of the world. People just tend to be more subtle about their trickery and lies than Eastern Euro. Everybody wants to be friendly and get along. It's the same thing just rebranded

We are all children of our parents, a 90 year old granny is the children of her parents. Doesn't mean I'd fuck it

this is common in poor countries. My parents are from a poor country they seem to think that embellishing the truth is the easiest way to lie. And when they get caught the only person they know is aloofness....

Yeah, what is up with all the liveleak/best gore shit from Brazil?

I've been to Rio and while some areas were bad, I didn't see anything close to what you see on there.

Granted I'm one guy, and was only in a very populated city for about a week. But the amount of shit out of there makes it seem like it was a pretty common occurrence.

You guys are Western as fuck, what are you even talking about. You basically live your lives according to conservative Western judeo-christian values. Can't really get much more Western than that as far as culture is concerned

Ever been to Chicago? Atlanta? Detroit? We're pretty fucked up in our cities. Most are smart enough not to post that shit to the internet.

Hahaha the russian pussies are always getting killed by Chechnya fuck you mean it's safe

Brazilians are fucking Savages. I gave the Brazilian chick for like 2 years, their culture is so fucked up I don't know where to begin. I ended the relationship after she fucked her brother though and thought it was nothing more than usual masturbation. Like I was being a dick for making a big deal out of it lol . If Brazil got hit by an asteroid I'd throw a party

Well, I meant closer to the 19-25 year old range. Russian Mail Order Brides are a thing, you know.

I worked with a guy on a contract that had one. He was this balding guy, socially retarded. He spent a healthy chunk of the contract arguing with a lingere shop about a bill he got that it turned out his russian mail order wife had ordered a bunch of shit from.

I'm guessing it was a new marriage because the usual M.O. of russian brides is:

- Hook up with the guy
- Get married
- Go through immigration/green card process
- Wait 1 year
- Ditch the guy, take half his shit, hook up with someone better.

Russian user

Is dostoevsky good or overrated trash?

gopniks are a culture of slavaboos who spend all day squatting while playing craps and wearing adidas

You forgot the vodka.

Half of them are niggers anyways, and all of them have AIDS. Only half of the brown ones have AIDS though.

Those are called niggers, if you stay away from that small percentage of the population there's very few places on Earth that are safer

7-1

Our two countries are always at odds it seems. Yet the people on the mid to lower levels always seem to see eye to eye quite well. Conclusion, both of our governments suck and they fight like children who can't keep their hands to themselves. Although, the US is pretty good at provoking others and is largely to blame I think.

How dense are you?

how the fuck would I know

I don't read books

all russians drink vodka.

Not all russians play craps.

But vodka is their main reason for existing, and the centre of their life. I think it deserves a mention.

I'm sorry, I should have specified I was writing in the terms of the old dichotomy "USSR - the West" which is still applied in our mass-media. I do agree though that our culture is Western af.

Cheap hoods

Petty criminals

Adidas number one consumer

Both, actually. His style fucking reeks of Orthodox christianity, is apologetic and self-loathing af.
But still, he's quite good.

You're not grasping the bigger picture user. It's an us vs. them mentality. There's the West "Western Europe and the USA", the Middle East, and the East. Russia falls into whats usually referred to as eastern Europe, but it reaches farther east than most of the "East". It's in a limbo between the two and being demonized as communist for so long and the other such politics that go along with the name Russia, they get thrown in with the Asians and Arabs when it comes to their classification. They do tend to be very "Westernish" though so you're not wrong in that sense.