Are you enjoying the final season of Halt and Catch Fire? After really dropping the ball in season 2...

Are you enjoying the final season of Halt and Catch Fire? After really dropping the ball in season 2, I think this one has been a huge step up so far.

Is it really the final season?

Just saw ep 2 of season 3 and fell asleep.

Indian guy is too try hard.

Final season confirmed? I ducking love this show

Oh fuck did it start already? Gotta watch, I love the 80s setting.

so far its the worst of the 3 seasons but its only 2 episodes.

the 2nd season was my fav actually.

the whole bday party sequence sucked, the daughter plot in general is bad basically. ryan is a garbage character, incredibly tedious.

I don't watch geeksploitation. It's fucking offensive, actually.

Fuck I didn't even know it was back.

I marathoned the first two seasons on Netflix. Season 2 was good but I still kinda think the first one was better.

Really? From what I've seen it doesn't really feel like the 80s at all. In fact, Stranger Things is like the only show that feels like it is set in the 80s. The Americans fails at this also.

this show will go 2 more seasons at the minimum

my uncle works at AMC

i think halt and catch fire does a much better job of capturing the quintessential 80s aesthetics than stranger things, which to me came off as contrived and inorganic in its pursuit of the aesthetic. its a hyperbolic, music video level representation of the 80s which is why the 18-24 demo loves it cause those elements are very prevelant and pervasive in modern pop music, modern fashion etc.

What I like is that the show does do a decent amount of subverting expectations without it being too retarded.

Joe removing Cameron's OS and the show makes you think he will add it back in and he doesn't
Donna almost cheating on her husband but the dude gets freaked out
Gordon being sick with something that isn't cancer
It's a more realistic depiction of the 80s

Stranger Things feels like the version of reality that you saw in 80s movies. Halt and Catch Fire feels closer to the 80s that actually existed.

Exactly, good points.

Right? Like The Thing poster in the kid's room which no 12 year old would have had back then.

HACF captures the 80s in the same way that Mad Men captured the 60s. Not beating you over the head with references and setpieces, just a subtle backtone that makes you realize that it's set there.

Super convincing, fucking faggot.

Yup, The Thing was a box office disappointment. That, coupled with the fact that it was rated R, make it highly unlikely that those kids would have seen it.

yeah stranger things is a show full of memes

What about the Evil Dead poster?

That's even more of a head scratcher. Doesn't the show take place in 82? How would a small town teen have heard of a little Indy movie that barely made a blip at the box office? And this was before VHS rentals became big.

It made $600,000 domestically, so yeah, not a huge hit.