He literally did nothing wrong

He literally did nothing wrong.

Kevin McCallister before he became Jigsaw

Except all that turkey baster shit

Holy shit, this movie was FUCKED UP.
i loved it
ACTUAL SPOILERS: why did he let her get away with it?

Is that Quaritch?

>He literally did nothing wrong.

he's white, so no.

>He literally did nothing wrong

I fucking knew it. The moment I saw the trailer I knew someone would make this thread opening day.

Good movie though. What a rush.

it was a faster pace movie then i was expecting what a shame he didn't get all of the punks I was really rooting for him

You'll breed well
Fucking creepy, especially the way he delivered the line.

Has Stephen Lang ever literally did anything wrong in any of his roles?

T-The what, user?
That spoiler isn't real, is it?
But for real, I'm hearing tons of good stuff about this movie, but also that the last act is really weird/roughly paced.

No.

I did not watch yet, but seeing the trailer I was wondering how they would make the blind guy that lost a daughter and has his house broken in by a bunch of criminals the bad guy and the criminals the good guys.

>roles
You're saying he's done anything besides Avatar and 'muh Cable'

It was a little bit short, only 88 minutes, but it felt like a lot more than that. Every time I thought it was over, something crazy happened.

Is this worth seeing? I think the trailer looks cool, but horror movies blow nowadays.

>but horror movies blow nowadays.
I always see this, but I don't get it. Obviously you have your standouts/classics from past decades, but I can't see any particular time being better. Like 90+% of any genre is always garbage.

Anyone mind spoiling the twist or whatever for me?

After setting a trap all but guaranteed to catch him, he reveals he wasn't blind the whole time and rapes the girl to impregnate her and carry on some kind of legacy, then lets her go while keeping one of her friends alive living with him so she doesn't go to the cops.

Interesting, so who is the woman he has locked up?

He's lying

So a group of young assholes break into an old man's house to rob him and possibly kill him if they have to, but he's the bad guy.

>Now you'll sea what I sea

What did he mean by this?

he's not

>3 teenagers break into an old blind man's house due to the fact he got paid a large settlement by a rich family when their daughter killed his in a car accident. When they get there, they put his dog to sleep with some kind of pill hidden inside meat and Rocky (Jane Levy) goes inside through a window. She disables the alarm and lets the other 2 in. Money (Daniel Zovatto) goes upstairs and tries to put the blind man to sleep with some kind of homemade gas. Alex (Dylan Minnette) decides that the money is not worth it, and begins to leave the house. The other 2 search for the money without luck, until they find a locked basement. Money pulls out a gun and shoots the lock off. They begin to open the door, and the old man appears in the doorway to the room they are in. Money tries to explain himself, and fires a warning shot at the old man. The old man takes that as a threat and pushes Money against the wall and asks how many people there are with him. Money says none, looking at Rocky. The old man takes the gun from Money and shoots him. Rocky steps into the closet and hides, and Alex hears the shot, and begins to come back inside. The old man wanders around, eventually going to the closet where he opens his safe containing all his settlement money, unaware that Rocky is watching. Rocky and Alex meet and Rocky opens the safe and takes all the money. They plan to go to the basement and leave out the cellar door. As they do that, the old man throws open the basement door, scaring them, but he quickly goes somewhere else in the house. They go downstairs and discover that the daughter of the rich family is tied up, apparently kidnapped by the old man. They set her free and try to open the cellar door, as soon as Alex gets it open, the old man is there to greet them and shoots a couple times. The shots miss Rocky and Alex, but hit the kidnapped girl. She dies in the old man's arms, while he yells angrily.

it's not like every horror movie was gold back then

> The 2 run out into the basement and the old man cuts the power. They stumble around in the dark but eventually evade the old man, locking him in the basement. He breaks free and him and his now awake dog follow them upstairs, where Rocky gets into a vent and Alex is tackled by the dog outside the window. The dog follows Rocky into the vent, and she falls a floor down in the vent system. The old man shoots the glass that Alex lands on, putting him back inside the house, where he begins to fight the old man. The fight ends with Alex presumably being killed by hedge clippers. The old man catches Rocky and knocks her out. Rocky awakens in the basement, tied up like the previous girl. The old man reveals he was using the other girl to bear him another child, and since she is dead, he will have to use her. He warms up a sample of his semen and places it into a turkey baster, walking over to Rocky. It is revealed that Alex was not actually stabbed, and that he tricked the old man into stabbing the body of Money. He runs downstairs and hits the old man with the hammer before he can inseminate Rocky. Rocky and Alex tie the old man up, and Rocky shoves the turkey baster into his throat, it's really gross. They leave the basement where he is tied up. Before they can exit, Alex is shot and killed by the old man. Rocky runs outside where the dog chases her. She outsmarts the dog, but is beat unconscious by the old man and brought back to the house. She regains consciousness and uses the alarm system to call the police and the alarm eliminates the old mans hearing. She and the old man fight and the old man eventually falls to the ground where the gun goes off and shoots him. Rocky hears the police approaching and runs away. Once she sees a news report revealing the old man was seen as the victim and is still alive, she goes back, presumably to kill him.

>she goes back, presumably to kill him.
Wait, really? How did I miss this?

Gettysburg is godtier, mein friend.

pleb detected

>The petty criminals are clean-cut middle class whites
Heh, okay (((Hollywood)))

I just copied and pasted from reddit pal

what actually happens at the end?

The difference is that shitty 80s horror movies are mostly enjoyable, but shitty horror movies in the past 20 years have been unwatchable.

I thought she was leaving for California like they talked about. That makes more sense though with reviews saying it's left open for a sequel.

it looked like she was leaving with her sister i thought she would just want to go away at least I can hope the old man actually kills her and takes her sister as his child bride

Well memed

hot desu,

The original girl he kidnapped can't unkill his daughter, so she might as well do the next best thing
I think the old guy should make her watch as he fucks that kid, and posts on Sup Forums

Well aside from kidnapping, murder and attempted forced impregnation. I mean, if you look at from his perspective you can kinda see where he was coming from, but no he was in the wrong the entire fucking film.

The way I see it:
The problem is that when horror movies are bad, they're usually very bad. A genre like action for example can be a bad movie, and still have dumb action in it that can be somewhat enjoyable. Doing good horror is A LOT more difficult than doing good action, partially because what one finds scary is so subjective. So you end up with 90% of all movies are just poorly made across all genres, but at least a portion of those get by banking on the one thing they have going for them. 90% of the good horror movies however, are also not scary (to certain subsets of people), they're just well made films so while they're enjoyable in that sense, they kind of fail as horror movies. So you end up with like 1% of the movies which are actually good, and scary.

>The statistics are made up and the points don't matter.

>Forgetting the time he fucked with Tom Noonan and paid dearly for it.

shitty pre-Scream 90s horror is a lot of fun too.

shitty post-Scream 90s horror and beyond is where the shit got really fucking putrid.

Scream is the cutoff point. There have been very few worthwhile horror flicks since.