COUNTRY THREAD BOYS LETS SEE IT

COUNTRY THREAD BOYS LETS SEE IT.

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129552576
npr.org/2015/11/20/456545795/outlaw-willie-nelson-opens-up-in-two-classic-fresh-air-interviews
npr.org/2016/11/24/503138966/johnny-cash-the-fresh-air-interview
npr.org/2013/02/03/170872651/kris-kristofferson-on-writing-for-and-outliving-his-idols
npr.org/sections/world-cafe/2016/04/06/473289584/remembering-a-country-legend-merle-haggard-on-world-cafe
npr.org/2014/08/05/336615368/billy-joe-shaver-writes-country-songs-and-lives-them-too
npr.org/2017/05/27/530211458/not-my-job-singer-songwriter-john-prine-gets-quizzed-on-amazon-prime
npr.org/sections/allsongs/2011/04/06/134661115/watch-emmylou-harris-performs-a-tiny-sxsw-concert
npr.org/2011/12/27/136062793/elton-john-and-leon-russell-on-world-cafe
youtube.com/watch?v=aNuqKB6H3Iw
youtube.com/watch?v=B4sqishGuYw
youtube.com/watch?v=W42fEyMFGiI
youtube.com/watch?v=N55_etUWXKY
youtube.com/watch?v=GpBEBV1wkq4
youtube.com/watch?v=t4rqqXy96SM
youtube.com/watch?v=SqWTwTj1d0U
youtube.com/watch?v=Dh6WaV2qLGI
youtube.com/watch?v=Q2WBBcH6OPU
youtube.com/watch?v=ZJKRA1ZIeiM
youtube.com/watch?v=LUeFJ7QIRbE
youtube.com/watch?v=B2CzmlRphCg
youtu.be/RX1Lielai74
youtube.com/watch?v=7GDiiiF3t1s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

brazil

Anybody else here listen to the Trucker, Kickers and Cowboy Angels: The Blissed Out Birth of Country Rock set? It came out in 2014 through 2016 iirc. It's a nice listening experience but they couldn't get some big name bands and artists on the album, like Neil Young, The Rolling Stones and Creedence (who all had country rock phases) so it's a little disjointed.

I really enjoyed Sweetheart of the Rodeo and then Flying Burrito Brothers' debut

What else is similar to these I should check out?

This is someone I can easily recommend.

ill give them a listen and get back to you

Well if you're interested in that style of country rock in particular I recommend the compilation series I mentioned in , it has a nice (but not complete) overview of country rock from the late 60s to the mid 70s with some outlaw mixed in there. Will the Circle Be Unbroken is a good gateway into traditional, pre-WWII country even though it was recorded in the mid 70s and Hank Williams 40 Greatest Hits is the best damn compilation of any artist out there.

listening to this Nu-Blu record. Country/Bluegrass hybrid.
It's lovely.
Lyrically it may be a bit too liberal for some of ya'll but I like it.
Just finished this year's Reto Burrell and before that the Todd Adelman album.
Both were solid if undistinguished.

I've got to check this out.
I only know about Dale Watson's occasional trucker albums.
I listened to another trucker album that was hot garbage. I was hoping for some ghost stories and some first hand observations from the road but it was just a load of Country-fried Ted Nugent.

did you hear that there's a new david rawlings album coming out. gillian will be on it.

i just put on this nu blu album, this fucking sucks dude!

haha wrong!
nice try though.

Why was Larry David recording under a Dutch pseudonym?

This is NPR country (hot dogshit for suburban 19 year-olds)

You'd be saying the same thing about John Prine or Townes or Willie's outlaw country back in the day.

npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129552576
Waylon Jennings: NPR Country
npr.org/2015/11/20/456545795/outlaw-willie-nelson-opens-up-in-two-classic-fresh-air-interviews
Willie Nelson: NPR Country
npr.org/2016/11/24/503138966/johnny-cash-the-fresh-air-interview
Johnny Cash: NPR Country
npr.org/2013/02/03/170872651/kris-kristofferson-on-writing-for-and-outliving-his-idols
Kris Kristofferson: NPR Country

lucinda williams is real good

npr.org/sections/world-cafe/2016/04/06/473289584/remembering-a-country-legend-merle-haggard-on-world-cafe
Merle Haggard: NPR Country
npr.org/2014/08/05/336615368/billy-joe-shaver-writes-country-songs-and-lives-them-too
Billy Joe Shaver: NPR Country
npr.org/2017/05/27/530211458/not-my-job-singer-songwriter-john-prine-gets-quizzed-on-amazon-prime
John Prine: NPR Country
npr.org/sections/allsongs/2011/04/06/134661115/watch-emmylou-harris-performs-a-tiny-sxsw-concert
Emmylou Harris: NPR Country
npr.org/2011/12/27/136062793/elton-john-and-leon-russell-on-world-cafe
Leon Russell: NPR Country

Should I continue?

Fuck you, talking out of your ass and not even suggesting something yourself.
I'm aware of her work with David Rawlings but I still haven't any of their albums. Honestly would prefer a new solo album.

bluegrass legend ricky damn skaggs himself approved of gillian and david. and that nu blue album has a statler brother on it. they're not some hipster hotshots trying to cash in on the current roots revival. this is their 6th album. they've been touring for 200 days a year for the past 7 years. they've paid their dues on the road. they're legit. what did you do today besides shitstart on the chan? nothing.

quite possibly my favorite artist of them all. can't even imagine this planet without her.

sad thing is she may never release another solo record. but even her solo albums had david on them.

youtube.com/watch?v=aNuqKB6H3Iw

youtube.com/watch?v=B4sqishGuYw

youtube.com/watch?v=W42fEyMFGiI

youtube.com/watch?v=N55_etUWXKY

youtube.com/watch?v=GpBEBV1wkq4

youtube.com/watch?v=t4rqqXy96SM

babby's first country

John Prine is good tho

Who was the best pop country singer of the 90s and why was it Travis Tritt?

Bitch I'm literally known as Country guy on the chart threads and people come to me on rym for country recommendations. Answer the question, are they NPR Country or not?

youtube.com/watch?v=SqWTwTj1d0U

youtube.com/watch?v=Dh6WaV2qLGI

youtube.com/watch?v=Q2WBBcH6OPU

if your recos are guys like merle and willie nelson u aint country

u sum bitch ass ryan adams listenin poop butt ass peckerwood

This is my favorite country singer.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZJKRA1ZIeiM

youtube.com/watch?v=LUeFJ7QIRbE

youtube.com/watch?v=B2CzmlRphCg

TVZ is easily my favorite country artist. I was completely sold after listening to his s/t album and watching Heartworn Highways. We also share a hometown.

Saw Lucinda a few months ago. I don't know much of her material beyond Car Wheels on a Gravel Road but she was damn good. Drunken Angel is a fine song.

terry allen - lubbock

Post modern stuff

It was obviously Garth

Literally everyone who's a fan of the genre listens to Merle and Willie. I'm all for branching out and listening to all kinds of stuff but real country people don't spend all day on the internet finding new music. (Unless they're musicians themselves)

any alt country fans here?
youtu.be/RX1Lielai74

name your favorite Merle Haggard tune thats not Okie From Muskogee

You can't

Because you are a poop butt ass peckerwood phony

Who else /countryfunk/ here? This shit sounds straight out of a Tarantino film.

youtube.com/watch?v=7GDiiiF3t1s

not that guy but, miners silver ghost