youtu.be/VIGvlaesN3g
youtube.com/watch?v=KC5H9P4F5Uk
youtube.com/watch?v=qAaZpfakRUM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

space nigger is not a musician. Re-read the rules

source?

every track is fire

What's he play?

This motherfucker right here. He my not be the fastest or most technical, bit he changed rock guitar from the 1st note of his 1st album.

Not to mention he has the ability to write catchy as fuck songs that are classics.

Also as a side note, he is known for his lead/solo work, but he is one of the best rhythm players out there.

Great artist, shitty album

Nickelback
Creed
Crazy town
Lifehouse
All star
Just to name a few

I love EVH but you do realize that he was just a better marketed Randy Rhoads (who was 10x better than EVH) as well as someone whose most known technique was taken from Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits AKA tapping.

Not for everyone here but NEXT LEVEL musicianship

amazing album....

how can you possibly hate on how the jellyfish climbed the mountain, and brain in a fishtank...

Racist card' every time cause he a good boy

shit

The best bassist most of you never heard of

Very bad bait

Hate is too strong of a word to use. I just like the other albums waaaaaay more. Especially 'Tales of the Inexpressible' and 'Nothing Lasts... But nothing is lost'.

Hugo kant

what?

I saw god particle mixed into brain in a fish tank live and absolutely lost my shit. i do agree that tales of inexpressible and nothing last are great... but i don't think museum is too far off.

You owe me 2 minutes and 50 seconds of my life back fagot
Any 'sod album

Never said he invented tapping, what makes him great is his ability to use his talent to appeal to a mass audience. Like I said he writes catchy as fuck songs that stand the test of time an are as enjoyable to listen to now as when they came out.

He is an awesome guitar player, not the best, but awesome none the less.

He wasn't better marketed than Randy, he was just known to a mass audience prior to Randy,

Randy was also more of a classical player, he would have never written a piece like Eruptions, because that was not his style. Not to mention if you really want to get into them, Randy's tone was shit, were as EVH had the most coveted guitar tones of all time with his creamy "Brown Sound".

Oh? That does pique my interest. Is that available online somewhere?

nice band, not best bass player though

Ronnie James Dio

james sullivan, not the fact that he has been told to be the greatest drummer of all time, he could also sing,play piano and was very smart person

im not sure I remember what day it was as this was about 3 years ago... Still one of my favorite days of all time :d

To be fair Tremonti is great

ill try and find it nonetheless

I think I'm able to find it, but it would save a LOT of time if you were to remember what show it was. Thanks for searching with me

Overrated

it was at Electric factory sho in april of 2015

Sky Dog ...

Eric Clapton was blown away by Duane Allman when he asked him to play on his album in 1970. Still to this day, "Layla", is revered for Duane's guitar solos. I stay impressed that Duane was a finger-picker. Rolling Stone ranks him at # 9 in their Top 100 Guitarist List.

On another note, my wife was a back-up singer for Gregg Allman in the late 80's, and we went to see their graves a few days ago.

Damn straight. As incredible as those guys are though, You gotta shout out Lifetime if your talking John Mclaughlin

felt like 3 years gone by, but i guess it was two. It must have been the 2015 one because that was the year he unveileved the 3.1 shpongletron.

Sabbath are now hipster metal so are matalica, iron madan, pantara, ramestein, Saxon, thin lizzy, nirvana, the who, sex pistols, and every other good band who have a good front man and killer album art work
I can hear them now grinning and drinking Starbucks wistfully tweaking their beards
I'd say Keith moon had to be the best drummer tbh

Nirvana

Cream had some Awsome tunes
Have you heard Joe satriani?
>SURFING WITH THE ALIEN
mind blown

I love Keith Moon, he was so over the top and his playing was a pure reflection of that.

There is an Urban Legend that Moon use to have a house next to Steve McQueen and Moon would get shitfaced(surprise), and put on a Nazi outfit and walk in front of Steve's house yelling that he would not escape from this place.

Isn't that, like, the clothing brand? Not a dude.....

Who?

also phutureprimitive was on right before him... and he absolutely killed it... what an absolute godly combo

Eric fucking Clapton, the guy that made Les Paul guitars what they're known for today.

Made me chuckle
I'd say given his drug consumption in his last years yes he probably did
I've got a old lp somewhere from the 70s with extra tracks that are not that common
I'll post a pic, will have to be a successful shot

youtube.com/watch?v=yO7MWuJ7zLA&ab_channel=fritz5190

You're making me envious...

Yeah I'm down tho I've been more of an RTF & mahavishnu lover than Lifetime. Also weather report.

doesnt even approach danny carey in skill

The acoustic stolen bicycle

L0L

>Randy's tone was shit

Bro... Don't make me cry niggah. Randy is arguably the best to ever play at those speeds because you could actually hear EVERY note. EVH's tone was more unique, but there's no way I can give you better. Randy hit every note clean. every. not.

Both are incredible tho, so prob just apples n oranges

Check this hard hitting track from Coryell/Mouzon
youtu.be/VIGvlaesN3g

Keep it going digging through vinyls

youtube.com/watch?v=KC5H9P4F5Uk

>implying Dio is just Sabbath
>Rainbow
>Dio

Shut the fuck up kid

Dumb bitch

he may be fucking fantastic... but hendrix made a genre and changed rock n roll. not to mentio the fact the he is widely considered the best guitarist of all time. i think he's the greatest musician, but SRV takes the best guitarist position

>creamy "Brown Sound".
Bro you're just asking for the Andy Sixx guy to post some logs

Just a few
Of my favourites

I remember the Mahavishnu Orchestra from the early 70's

John McLaughlin's collaboration with Paco De Lucia & Al Di Meola is epic.

Yes

yes

Everyone heard of Cliff
I didn't say he was the best, just the best most people haven't heard of

This man. Pure genius

youtube.com/watch?v=qAaZpfakRUM

jon gomm

DADDY'S LITTLE GIRL AINT A GIRL NO MORE...

carey is good, but overrated by cringelord tooldouches. of his contemporaries, tim alexander was way better back in the day.

cobham. now there is a skilled musician.

Clapton is beyond overrated

Joe Fuckin Perry

Good God, Yes.

there is no best guitarist.

His solo carreer is utter shite but his earlier work with John Mayall is really astonishing

Because Cream and the Yardbirds were just so terrible. fucking kek

Best guitarist up to date hendrix 2,nd

no, les paul made les paul guitars what they're known for today.

Tommy Bolin
Pat Martino
Fripp
Belew
Holdsworth
Steve Howe
Mclaughlin
Les Paul
Chet
Roy Clark
Larry Lalonde
Frusciante
Hendrix
Stevie Ray
Iommi
Gilmour
Mustaine
Hendrix
Page
Billy Gibbons
Hubert Sumlin
BB
EVH

POLLY WANT a CRACKER

He's always been a madman.

shiiiit you are a bunch of 16 yo plebs

Except Les Paul guitars were dead until Clapton played a '59 model with a cranked up Marshall in the Beano album.

No Richie Backmore? niggah plz

BB was best show I'd seen live, small opera theatre in vancouver. Guy tossed gold chains instead of picks at end of the show, no joke. prob a crowd of 300

Angus Young made Gibson what they are today

Blues Breakers and Cream were allright so were the yardbirds
but Clapton is still BEYOND overrated, especially if you put him amongst his contemporaries, and he can't hold a candle to any of the real bluesmen from the south.

>playing bass
>has more then 5 strings

BULLET TO THE HEAD

>you forgot so and so

yeah, yeah. blackmore was good, i'm sure i've left out a ton of others...