Was My So-Called Life the comfiest of all shows? Did it have the best of all endings?

Was My So-Called Life the comfiest of all shows? Did it have the best of all endings?

>Asking for a friend

youtu.be/94YXaLKM3Ig

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/94YXaLKM3Ig?t=146
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why didn't she get out of the car

Comfy as fuck. The only teen drama that I've ever enjoyed.

Catalano was cool and regardless of his words, Brian was the ultimate Beta?

>never watched it

>forced by a lady friend to give it a try

>thought it was lame

>get to the x-mas episode

>cried like a baby

That ep is still in my top 20 Feelings Ambush moments. Still think the rest of the show is lame as fuck though

when Angela cries, the world cries with her

That ep is 90score fwiw.

classic schmosby

Hated the ending. Why was Angela so shit tier? Brian is based.

Wish we got a second season though.

>no, I meant every word
What did he mean by this?

is that fucking Jerid Leto?

>cool
SATANIC
>beta
GOD FEARING

Grow the fuck up

BRIAN'S GONNA FREAK

Jordan was cool and Brian was a Jew, and very beta. Why are you telling me to grow up? I'm older than Grant was in the series.

yeah. still looks the same too.

I was not prepared for those feels.

Fuck.

Just because he's Jewish does not mean he isn't God fearing. This was the early 90s afterall.
Jordan being cool does not make him an alpha. Characteristics he coasts by on idly make him appear attractive. He has no moral sanctuary except for his own degenerative nihilism.
Angela's involvement with Jordan will only lead to self destruction.
Brian can do better and is worth more than that and he knows it.
He gives Angela freedom of choice instead of leading her around like a clueless tyrant.
youtu.be/94YXaLKM3Ig?t=146

If Angela chooses to be impregnated by the Satanic sperm she will receive banishment from a society built on holiness. She is no Mary.

>Jordan is aloof
>Jordan is in a band that he plays guitar
>Jordan drives an oldish cool car
>Jordan isn't that smart

In any universe. Jordan is an alpha male. He is chick-crack.

>Brian has a white-fro
>Brian is a parent's wet-dream
>Brian is good at homework and helping ppl with homework

Not sure what you're not getting here.

Being cool is weakness, not "aplhaness"
To be a true man you must embrace a moral integrity
No worldly devices or possessions will replace this

Everything about Brian is righteous and sacrificial for the greater good.
If he ends up without a whore for a girlfriend then that would be for the best
Grow up.

And just to clarify
I've lived a youth way more aligned with Jordan's ways than I have Brian's

Angela, the girl he desires, is a virgin, not a whore. She chooses Jordan and the season ends. Brian is stuck on that bike for eternity. This isn't complicated - in theoretical Season 2, Jordan fucks her and dumps her, Brian still wants her, because he is an archetype of a beta male - that's the point.

She is a whore for choosing the path of shallow consumerism and fear

Brian will be fine with her.
His needs are more aligned with God's will than just having a girlfriend.
Brian is much more likely to share a life until death with a woman that truly loves, understands, and appreciates him than Jordan is.

Brian will be fine without her*

Spoiler alert: Everyone in the show's life ends after high school; utter stagnation. This is the destiny of nearly everyone in America, the series was a story about how everyone deludes themselves into feeling important while inevitably ending up that way. There was never any real hope. In the end they all become unsatisfying nothings.

Of course he will - if he gets lucky he'll marry another Jew, if not a domineering Asian girl who will complete his fantasy of making him miserable for the rest of his life. At their 30 year class reunion, he will see Angela, covered in tats, and not even remember her.

Again - this isn't that complicated, and it has nothing to do with morality.

holy fuck that ass, I will find her and rape her just because of that ass is making my inner animal instincts come out to mate!!!!

That spoiler really wasn't necessary - the True Detective threads are elsewhere, friend.

No, Brian was a beacon of truth and recognized his place in the world. There is plenty of hope within Brian which op's scene totally captures even if Angela does not have the strength to accept it.

You called Jordan "cool" and Brian "beta"
Morality is totally wrapped up in that.
Betas will do anything to fit in. They will follow Satan no matter what.

Measuring your life in terms of pussy, cars, looks, and money will lead you to cheap hedonistic emptiness.
Brian saw through this and reached out to Angela and gave her a choice. Jordan thinks only of his shallow and immediate desires.

the picture you posted is absolutely godless