What is your AOTY (nearly) six months into 2017?

also: have you been enjoying yourself on Sup Forums lately?

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/~Androol
rateyourmusic.com/list/blebbio/2017/
tphb.bandcamp.com/album/mercury-fountain
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I dont have one yet :(

I'll be lucky to pick one by January at which point I'll retroactively change one albums score

rateyourmusic.com/~Androol

Anticipating ALVVAYS and Everything Everything to sneak their way in here when they release

been a pretty shit year m8

Totally jamming to this baby rn
Although I've listened to like 5 2017 releases

>bwy
why did everyone sleep on this album? it was like an 8/10

>abbreviates the word big

As I recall side 1 was significantly weaker than side 2 which wasn't exactly mind blowing but still excellent

this is everything I feel like is deserving of a mention this late into the year

1. Tiny Hazard - Greyland (art pop)
2. Brendan Byrnes - Neutral Paradise (microtonal synthpop)
3. Hadouk - Le Cinquieme Fruit (jazz)
4. Clap! Clap! - A Thousand Skies (uk bass)

hey buddy, are you the same guy from like 2014 who posted in these aoty threads? i remember i used to call you the sia guy

Why do you like that Brenden Byrnes album?

It's between Algiers- The Underside of Power and Seiko Oomori- Kitixxxgaia for me right now.

Holy shit-- there's a new Brendan Byrnes? When did that drop? I loved Micropangea.

rateyourmusic.com/list/blebbio/2017/

taking recs

i think he made good use of microtonality without it coming across as gimmicky or forced, (unlike that king gizzy album for example). there's so many moments on this album where it all comes together so well and it sounds amazing. the synth sounds are really great too.

in february i think

I didn't want to write big WY, and I had to do something, so I wanted to write my post quickly. Anyways, I agree, that's really the 2/10 that I took away.

What does Sup Forums think of this? I am in love with it but I haven't seen anyone discuss it here yet.

Thanks. I'm downloading it now. I didn't think the new King Gizz came off as all that gimmicky though. The microtonal guitars worked really well with their style. Then again, I just love running into microtonal music with pop sensibilities.

i just find it hard to bring myself to listen to it because the album artwork is so awful literally one of the worst things ive ever seen. reminds me of mid 2000s aesthetic for really awful shit. microtonal synthpop sounds awesome as an idea and ive never heard anything that fits that diefinition really.

Yep that's me. Fond memories.

do you buy all the albums on cd that you like from a yer? christ, I wish I had that kind of money

Planetarium I guess
and no, not nearly as much as I used to. Not sure if this is just the board not being as fresh to me or the board getting worse, but I think I've just been here too long.

I was thinking more along the lines of just Big Walnuts. I imagine that's what some people call them anyways.

I just mentioned it because I was so completely baffled for a minute

I used to but I stopped and moved on to spotify, bandcamp, etc. I wouldn't exactly say I had the money either but I certainly had the credit. Those 0% promotional rates have a way of catching up.

it's me, yes : )

it's a decent year. rec me anything.

Konrad Sprenger - Stack Music
some pretty cool electroacoustic shit, you seem to like things with a bit of an experimental edge, maybe you'll dig this

I dig this list, I should really get around to listening to that Dawson album

you heard that Will Guthrie - People Pleaser album yet? or maybe for something more relaxed, Kara-Lis Coverdale - Grafts?

maybe check out Robert Aiki Aubrey Lowe - Two Orb Reel

oops forgot my list

give the new colin stetson a shot

Not a whole lot of /meal/ around here

aoty so far 4 me holy moly

good taste

Good pick, this is great.

hell yeah nice to see someone else who enjoys methyl ethel

What's it like?

fake
bad
bad
fake
fake
few good, mostly bad
fake
fake
fake

this sounds interesting, i'm not big on jazz but might give it a shot

i'd never heard king gizz before that album, so i guess i went in with different expectations.

that's cool, i thought it was you because of the mix of pop and death metal in your lists

listening to methyl ethel now, has a slight of montreal vibe which is always good

fake?

Fake.

in what way?

I too can put up a list of 50-100 releases from this year which I could enjoy if they were on the radio, but that doesn't mean they're actually my favorite releases of the year.

You think it makes you look like you have taste, but it really doesn't.

i just listen to albums and rate them accordingly to how much i enjoyed them (i give each release at least 3 listens before rating). are you misreading my chart? the numbers at the top are the ratings for the albums below them, so as you can see the albums rated 7 and up and releases i really enjoyed.

bold, but fair.

how the fuck does that make any of them fake?

Funk albums

Diazpora - Islands
Enois Scroggins - Real-E
Kay Bee - A toast to the boogie
Midnight runners - Rare essence
OctavePussY - If the funk don't fit force it
B. Bravo - Paradise
The Como mamas - Move upstairs
Moniquea - Blackwavefunk
Llorca - The garden
Dafonk - Heaven

Funk 7"/12"

Malka family - Donne-moi ça
Horndogz - Dogfood vol. 2
Donnell Pitman & Wings of Sunshine - Do you wanna / Need my love
Midnight runners - Disco panorama / Ultra disco panorama
The budos band - The shape of mayhem to come
Amin Payne - Bad juice / Take a minute
Saskia - We found love / Secret lover
Leon Bea - Silent revolution
Honey sauce band - Boy toy / Mirror life
Diamond Ortiz - Make me wanna / Wait up

Jazz

Bussonnet / Collignon / Godin / Vaillant - Wax'in
Kevin Eubanks - Eat west time line
Pierre Boussaguet - Le semeur
Madness tenors - Be jazz for jazz
Hadouk - Le cinquième fruit
Naïssam Jalal & rhythms of resistance - Almat wala almazala
Francois Carrier - Freedom is space for the spirit
Jens Kristian Andersen - From the nocturnal chironian
Mihaly Dresch - Zea
Guillaume Perret - Free

Psychedelic

The cosmic dead - Psych is dead
Bardo pond - Under the pines
Colour haze - In her garden
Kikagaku Moyo - Kikagaku Moyo
Mythic sunship - Land between rivers
Runa Gaman - Cepa
Petyr - Petyr
Soft power – In a brown study
Magic bus - Phillip the egg
Hills - Alive at Roadburn

ive been sitting on that one for a while, ill check it out tonight

Yeah I'm a proud poptimist

That 2nd response was pretending to be for some reason.

I don't know what fake means either but maybe that has something to do with it.

Of albums released this year I have listened to twice maybe triple the amount on my rym which is currently 131. I take every single one of my ratings seriously and every album on my chart very seriously. I literally hack into rym and participate in their aoty chart in November for the following year.

Yeah I'm a proud poptimist

That 2nd response was pretending to be me for some reason.

The production on this thing is absurd

This was pretty good

Can't wait for the new Boris and Chelsea Wolfe

The 320 on this fucker is like... 780 MB on JPS. WTF. There's also a "mail order" version that's just about 60 MB. What version of the album should I download and what's the music like?

big thief have aoty

Nvm, it turns out that the file size was amped up by some insanely high res photos (like-- over 100 MB a pop).

i hate the new Kasabian album, it's very safe and boring

Both discs are up in the sharethread as well. Musically it's their best output so far imo. More upbeat and lots of electronic influence compared to their past releases.

I won't necessarily disagree but I insist they do safe and boring very well. Not a single misstep.

Rad. I just downloaded it. I really have no idea what I'm in for though. I've never listened to Sukekiyo.

>I've never listened to Sukekiyo
You're in for a ride then.

this is better than it has any right to be

Y E E H A W

>Album of the year
>Lists 40 albums

literally aoty

>Mentions 12" and 7"
>Albums

Learn how to read you punk.

yup

COUNTRY BILLY MADE A COUPLE MILLI

Been hyping this to myself for 2 years and it absolutely held up.

tphb.bandcamp.com/album/mercury-fountain

BROCKHAMPTON - SATURATION
I haven't listened to too much new stuff yet. But I've loved most of the stuff I have listened to.

we have a REAL LIVE MUSIC FAN here fellas!

My AOTY is a live album and it's not even close

Which is weird because I didn't love the original album that much at first

I know it's not out yet, but they played majority of the songs live and I'm convinced it will end up at least in my top 5.