Yeah dude, they totally should've just killed him...

>yeah dude, they totally should've just killed him, war crimes are a-ok as long you're furthering the cause of gods chosen people lmao
Of course that filthy fucking KIKE director Steven Speilberg would think this, not uncharacteristic of his shit eating misanthropic race.

Sup Forums is leaking again.

Uh, fuck you ok?

if I had 10c for everytime a lib got triggered

Him and steamboat Willie are two different characters, two different actors. Spielberg just made the retarded decision to have all the German extras shave their heads, which is totally ahistorical, and so this confusion comes about quite pointlessly

Adding to this, when Upham executes him, it's literally because the German killed his buddy in combat fair and square, making Upham complete human scum

I know the guy who kills the Jew is a different guy but steamboat kills Tom Hanks and then recognizes Upham at the end.

No jew killer and the dude Upham kills are the same guys, and different from the POW they almost killed earlier. Executing and enemy for killing your comrades in combat is not only illegal but grossly immoral by any standard this movoe would stand by

I think there's more to it than that. Why focus on this guy in this scene like this? I think they specifically edited the scene so that you would make this connection because they did look so similar.

So if that's the case, what message is Spielberg trying to get across here?

saying "Sup Forums is leaking" proves nothing he said wrong

>war
>morals

pick one.

seriously its all well and good a bunch of people judging a situation on a screen but I doubt any of you would've been moralistic in their shoes

that guy as far as you know just shot your brother, and yes soldiers are like brothers to each other. he jsut fucking murdered your brother and you have a gun, go ahead and tell me you''d be compassionate.

if you think the geneva convention is followed properlly by the grunts when there's no cameras and no higher ups around you're an idiot

Blah blah blah, we all know of the gray morality of war. But Private Ryan has some seriously confused morals and messages, especially in relation to the scene we are discussing, which ks why we are discussing it. You really didn't need to go on that tract user

you'll all be exterminated soon when trupm gets elected sjw scum

keep thinking this is all a meme

>it's a low IQ shitposter from Sup Forums who deserves to be beaten within an inch of his life at best posting his opinion on morality and calling entire ethnicities "misanthropic"

>Liberals calling whites "privileged" is a-okay
>It's ok when we do it

Kys shitlib

War does have morality, for instance the treatment of prisoners of war and emissaries. As armies mobilize before a battle there is also usually a ceasefire.

I was only half serious, I don't believe Jews are an ethnicity and I'm pretty sure they have been trying to get away from that himself. The movie is in your face with the Jewish guy and does ultimately seem to imply killing him as a prisoner of war would have been the right thing to do.

Jews are White

This is incorrect

It's intentionally done to dehumanize the Germans. They are all the same and the actions of their worst define all of them.

But only half so

My grand papi killed nazis and lived to tell me the tale. RIP Grandpa.

Depends, Jews with white families are obviously white. Some are, some aren't.

Feel free to define white though.

Most of the Germans weren't nazis. At least I think, I know they never got more than 33% of the vote in any fair election, I'm not sure about during the war though. Still, even if doubled, 44% is still a lot of non nazis:

I really need to buy that Mauser my buddy wants to sell...

I know, I'm only using that term disparagingly. They were also called huns in WWI despite the obvious no relation. It was done as a fuck you to the Kaiser who made a speech before the war, and referenced the huns.

It only takes one to ruin it for everybody my friend.

Well you also have to understand that the majority player of the Central Powers (yes that's what they were called) was the Austro-HUNgarian Empire.

That's where the term came from, and it existed long before The Great War.

Allied side was called The Entente Powers if you want to know.

WW1 is my jam, and Sup Forums has always been insanely ignorant of what went down during those few years.

>Austria-Hungary
>Majority player in the Central Powers

That honour is Germany's alone mate, A-H was militarily next to useless, except in Italy

>When you meet the enemy, he will be defeated! No quarter will be given! No prisoners will be taken! Those who fall into your hands are forfeit to you! Just as a thousand years ago, the Huns under their King Etzel made a name for themselves which shows them as mighty in tradition and myth, so shall you establish the name of Germans in China for 1000 years, in such a way that a Chinese will never again dare to look askance at a German.

dude they were called huns not because of some acronym. it's specifically aimed at only germans.

Do you know if the name Hungarian is at all related to the home Hun? I know the Hun exentually reached the "German" area of Europe right? I'm assuming if the nam is related it's because of hungaria and not the other way around, or both come from another word.

Word, not home. I have no idea where that came from.

whoa buddy

relax there

Next your going to say the Ottoman Empire was useless. Austria-Hungary fought the shit out of Russia.

FUCK JEWS
FUCK WOMEN
FUCK MUSLIMS
FUCK LIBERALS

THE PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD ARE YOUR ENEMIES.
ALL OF THEM.

Spielberg wasn't the writer senpai

>germans kill 12 million people in the holocaust
well that didnt happen
>fictional characters dont kill fictional german but maybe should have
FUCKING JEW HACK DIRECTOR

ok Sup Forums

Dude Austria Hungary had at best a stalemate with Russia, and even handed them the greatest Russian victory of the war, perhaps the greatest allied victory of the war. Meanwhile the Germans utterly trashed them in basically every encounter. A-H lost like 2 million men as prisoners to Russia. Their use was in occupying space and Russian manpower, but certainly not in the capacity of fighting, at least until the Germans overtook their command

>he jsut fucking murdered your brother

Nigga we're all wearing uniforms and carrying guns. You know the score going in and if you take it personally you might as well be a moody cunt at the wrong end of the month.

>go ahead and tell me you''d be compassionate.

Not that guy but abso-fucking-lutely. Why in the fuck would I air some guy out for doing exactly what I was trying to do, after his gun is on the ground and his hands are in the air? Who knows who that guy was before the war started, and who knows who he might have been if some uppity cunt who was more angry at himself for his own cowardice than anything else didn't snuff him out of existence when he didn't need to?

Upham was a spineless parasite who not only failed his comrades but also failed the basics of being a decent human being.

>strawman
Reddits getting desperate

Russia is underestimated in the first world war just as it was in the second

To a degree I agree. In both wars we see them getting handed, without exaggeration, the biggest, most humiliating, and catastrophic military defeats in human history, so it's frankly unavoidable that they had/have an iffy military reputation. But to imagine where they were in 1941, compared to 1945, is truly one of the great accomplishments in warfare, unmitigated disasters like Kiev notwithstanding

kike detected

reminder of what exactly we're dealing with when blatant Sup Forumsdditors decide to shit up boards

Being against pro-war crimes propaganda is Sup Forums?