ITT: Sequels that are better than the originals

ITT: Sequels that are better than the originals

>Hellboy 3 never ever

Stop making gay goth romance and giant robot movies, Del taco. Give us what we want.

Toy Story 2

this depends on universal studios really, so demand them and send them letters.

Dredd 2

Godtier capeshit coming through.

/thread

true KINO

I honestly think the first was significantly better. Dafoe killed it as Gobby.

Agreed.

Controversial opinion coming through.

The first is underrated because the second is literally perfect. Just rewatched 1 and it holds up insanely well. Mops the floor with all the bullshit Marvel cooks up nowadays... can't believe the best capeshit of all time came from Sony

>stop making giant robot movies
Yeah nah, fuck right off m8

1&3 are GOAT, the rest are garbage

Actually a pile of shit

>The first is underrated because the second is literally perfect

This. I actually put Spider-Man 2 on the same level as the original Superman 1 and 2. They're the perfect comic book movies.

BILL & TED'S BOGUS JOURNEY

Two isn't good as 1&2 but I still find it to be solid. Especially since it was originally written as a sequel to Commando

Or buy the movie. Their industry doesn't run on letters

Del Toro said the first somewhat under performed but the still thriving mid-aughts DVD market saved it. By 2008 the home video industry was declining and couldn't turn a profit on 2. Now that home video is totally dead and box office revenue isin decline, there's no hope

On that note, I think 2 was a better movie than 1.

God dammit I mean 1&3

Speaking of Gibson

McTiernan will never get the respect his deserves, because it's a "bro action" movie.

Uhh I'm perfectly fine with a pacific rim sequel before we get a third hellboy
I saw that bitch three times in the theater, cried at the Imax showing

Ah, the anti-sequel sequel. They don't make em like this anymore.

Shrek 2
Empire Strikes Back (debatable)
X-Men 2
The Dark Knight (debatable)
The Wrath of Khan
Terminator 2

I wouldn't say BETTER.

It's AS good as Excellent Adventure, yes.

You're talking out of your ass, Die Hard is the most acclaimed action film of all time. If it doesn't get more respect it's because the film lacks any kind of subtext that Verhoeven had, or the versatility and genre play of Carpenter's films. In fact, it plays heavily off of Assault on Precinct 13 but without the way Carpenter turned a 50s western into a modern urban thriller. It's more of a lateral move than an evolution

Die Hard's best and worst quality is how simplistic it is

Obligatory

I know I'll get shit for this opinion, but I've always enjoyed this as much as Raiders.

Absolutely wrong. The Spider-Man movies are just okay. Don't go overrating them against the Fox, WB, Disney, Universal capeshit movies because they're nothing special. I can't stand Raimi fanboys.

great movie. it's just as good as raiders. anyone who gives you shit for that opinion, is shit and you're champagne.

>Are you in, or are you out?
>IT'S YOU WHO'S OUT, GOBBY! OUT OF MY TIGHT LITTLE SPIDER-ASS, NOW GET BACK IN YOU STUPID FAG!

You cannot tell me you did not enjoy those movies. Brilliant fucking performances all around.

The plot is weaker but Indy and his dad have amazing chemistry to make up for it.

The Story is simple, but the characterization is a masterclass in story craft. Every single person has a backstory, motive and arc.

AND THEY SAY THAT A HERO WILL SAVE US

HE'S WATCHING US

What if Hollywood, now stay with me here, made good entertaining movies worth seeing in the theater?

Sony didnt direct the movie
This feels a lot more like Raiders than temple of doom so I understand ur reasoning

.. he watching us

HE'S WATCHING US

.. he's watching us

>Give us what we want.

Mountains Of Madness?

My ass it's better than the original, the hellhounds were the best part, nothing like that in G.A.

1 > 3 > 4 > 2 (Haven't seen 5)

>The Dark Knight (debatable)
nope Batman Begins is far superior

No doubt Ledger is what made TDK good but without him, the more is just bland.

>HE'S WATCHING US
HE'S WATCHING US
>HE'S WATCHING US
HE'S WATCHING US

He's not even making the sequel you faggots

This

Hangover 2 sort of an anti sequel movie

T2, kid was alittle annoying but the T1000 was amazing.

Too bad they already cast Boyega and Maisie in it

In Rimjob or Loveshit?