Where were you when the news broke?

Where were you when the news broke?

posting on Sup Forums

at home in my computer chair probably. where the fuck else would i be lmao

I hadn't ever heard of David Bowie before

Im not kidding either..

On reddit. It was a huge shock, Ziggy Stardust was literally my most listened album of 2015.

This

About to indulge in magic mushrooms

I was asleep
When my mum saw the news she came and woke me up

jacking off right then, probably
and still giggling today

>Wake up
>Go on Sup Forums
>Space Oddity starts playing
>The fuck
>Close my music players, song still playing
>Realize its playing through Sup Forums
>Immediately I know what this means
It was a weird day, for sure

At work. I immediately took a break when my boss told me and called my mother because she was a massive Bowie fan.

She was in tears, I hadn't heard her that upset since her brother passed.

Browsing Sup Forums after listening to Blackstar.

working up the nerve to call him.

same, no one knew whether these posts were real or the pages had been hacked

I had been in New Zealand for a week and my phone broke so I was fairly off the grid. I didn't hear about it for a few days

if I remember correctly I was in Auckland

awake at like 3 in the morning

At home not giving a shit

I was in the first thread on Sup Forums when the news broke at midnight. Everyone thought his Facebook was hacked at first and kept linking to some fake Mediamass article about his death being a hoax.

I was jerking off to traps with with Sup Forums open on another tab, hating myself like a motherfucker since i've been trying do drop the habit for 2 years or so after almost ripping off my dick to some supreme thai ladyboy stuff, earlier that day i was listening to Dollar Days on a loop on a long drive.

Cleaned my dick put in Dollar Days again and then a barrage of Bowie threads hit me "fugg pls no" then saw the sticky and then promised i would never jerk off to traps again when Space Oddity started playing.

Whenever i get the urges again i start playing Dollar Days again, been going on this streak without fucking traps or jerking off since then, thank you based David Bowie. I was a fan for a long time but thats the way his dead affected me.

taking a shit

I was on twitter, talking with some friends. I wasn't really into him (or anyone) back then but my friend was and it hit her hard. I felt bad too, he was a great artist, but it didn't hurt that much
I didn't know how great he was back then

i remember this like it was yesterday

i was brushing my teeth getting ready for school, almost cried while spitting the tooth paste on the sink

you either love him or hate him

i loved him

>i remember this like it was yesterday
because it was only one year ago you fag

you're a brave soul,
godspeed brother

I am very neutral on bowie

asleep
woke up for uni the following morning, looked at my phone, saw the BBC news notification and involuntarily let out a very audible "fuck"

>we ask

You didn't even say "please"

I liked him a lot as a persona, but I think he was overrated as a a musician.

I was sleeping. My sister woke me up and told me early that morning. I told her I'd break her fucking teeth for saying such a thing so early in the morning. Then she told me to look it up, which I did, and spent the rest of the early morning listening to Bowie albums and hanging out on Sup Forums before work that day.

Picked up Blackstar later that evening. I had honestly meant to get it earlier...

Was on my computer. Found out about it through someone online saying something along the lines of 'I'm glad that pedophile is dead'. Still a bit mad

Woke up in a cold sweat, haven't had a night terror in years but just felt like shit and my body was heaving like I just outran a pack of wolves.
Instantly went to the computer and put on something that could distract me, for whatever reason I don't like listening to my favorite artist's albums when they first come out sometimes, I feel like I need to be in a good mindset to listen to them.
Put on Blackstar for the first time, felt kind of weird from the first track and quickly googled 'David Bowie' and the first result was that he died within the last 8 minutes (at least reported anyway).

Goddamn it was even before Space Oddity started playing, I'm not even superstitious but who knows, he could of died when I was listening to the first couple tracks.

Something happened on the day he died
Spirit rose a metre then stepped aside
Somebody else took his place, and bravely cried
(I'm a blackstar, I'm a blackstar)

Dollar Days made me cry for the first time in a while.

I was actually having a terrible night and this made it worse. It was the end of my last winter break before I graduated college so I was sad I was close to graduation, and my divorcing parents had just had a huge fight. I went on Sup Forums and heard Space Odyssey, saw the thread, and just left and went for a drive.