Shit like this is why eurofags laugh at us

Shit like this is why eurofags laugh at us

>us

kys handegg cuck

>us
>chargers

>Leafs

When did moving a team become popular in the US? I was watching 'Escape from Alcatraz' which is set in the 60s and even in that there's a casual mention of a team having moved and its previous incarnation disappearing completely.

It's such a bizarre practice. It's happened once here in soccerball and it didn't end up very well.

kek

>After the 1957 season, the Brooklyn Dodgers and New York Giants relocated from New York to California to become the Los Angeles Dodgers and San Francisco Giants, respectively, leaving the largest city in the United States with no National League franchise and only one major league team in the American League (AL)

jesus christ

That's a good movie m8, I watched it again this week.

It was alright but I much preferred Shawshank Redemption - been watching prison films lately. American movies are great.

good thing the one team they left is by far the greatest club in baseball history and one of the most recognizable brands in the world

Didnt LA just get the Los Angeles Rams?

This just paves the way for the Raiders to move to Las Vegas and basically become LAs 3rd team

if it doesn't effect you then it doesn't matter. and chances are it doesn't, this kind of shit is rare. it was a perfect storm for this to happen twice in two years, the lakers are on a downturn, californians don't give two shits about hockey, and chargers attendance has been steadily falling.

Attendance has been steadily falling because for years the Chargers have been demanding a publicly-funded stadium and threatening to leave if they didn't get it. (not that general attendance means much; they know they'll be playing in front of empty seats in LA).

Glad to see them finally fuck off.

>Las Vegas is a suburb of LA meme

still a 4 hour drive from san bernardino

because of the size of the US - transportation improvements had a big impact. when the leagues started, they were typically very regional - everything was within a reasonable bus/train trip.

as transportation improved, the pool of cities that you could travel to in a reasonable time grew. California had large cities, but it wasn't feasible to travel there from the east coast for games until the 1950s.

if you owned a team in a smaller northeastern city (harrisburg, rochester, toledo), moving your team to a newly accessible larger city in the west looked promising.

population centers have also shifted a lot over time. midwest cities - st. louis, detroit, cleveland - have been shrinking, while sunbelt cities have grown. in the 1980s, north carolina's big industry was a tobacco until charlotte the 2nd largest banking city after NYC.

europeans laugh at americans because americans are fat and stupid

europeans have no opinion of canada because it's an irrelevant icy wasteland with no sporting pedigree whatsoever

>invent sawker
>lose to an irrelevant icy wasteland with no sporting pedigree whatsoever
a fucking dentist

who cares what euros think?

So what happens after that?

Do LA people convert into this new "franchise"? San Diego fags go for another team?

>one of the most recognizable brands in the world

By "world" you mean North America right?

only the shitty teams relocate though
so no one really cares

Why not move it to a smaller market city? fucking Goodell. San Antonio, Memphis, Salt Lake City, and OKC, fuck, maybe even Virginia Beach?

I refuse to feel badly about this

>most recognisable brand in the world

Ask any of the 95% of the world living outside of America what the fuck that is and they wouldn't have a clue.

>makes yankees clothes all day for literally pennies
>n-no i dont know them