The Most Popular Music Critic of All Times

Anthony Fantano is the most popular music critic of all time

inb4 lester bangsfags come at me

fantano has billions of views

less than 1000 people ever read a lester bangs or scaruffi review

it makes total sense that he is frequently discussed as he is and will continue to be the most popular music critic of all times

Are you such a fragile person that you have to make a thread to highlight the opinion of someone in another thread that you don't agree with?

nice ad hominous

prove to me he isnt the most popular music critic of all time and i will admit defeat

music criticism is honestly the most cringe thing ever fuck god damn you guys are autistic

You spelled Robert Christgau wrong you retarded faggot.

What's the closest music criticism has ever gotten to having a Roger Ebert?

You aren't wrong. At a time where celebrity status reaches the most people due to social media and the internet, it is very very possible The Needle Drop is the most watched/read/whatever music review program in human history. With over 1 million subs on youtube and insane viewership numbers on each video, his reviews probably have more relevant weight than almost every other review combined. The only thing stopping full takeover is not being on Wikipedia album pages.

He's not a critic he's a YouTube entertainer

who cares hes just a critic...

let these threads die

Thoreau?

When I hear or see Thoreau, I think of Henry David Thoreau, so I have no idea who you're talking about. Full name?

That's the one. Apparently he was a huge music buff.

Oh, well, Thoreau is probably more akin to someone like Andre Bazin or Godard when it comes to an equivalent of film criticism.

Leonard Bernstein probably.

>right now
Yes. he's the most popular critic at the moment
>all time
probably not but could be at some point

less people know about xgau than scaruffi
why would making it on wikipedia = full take over?

tell him you'll blow him then

Reminder that Fantano is the Pedwiepie of music criticism.

This.

>Cringe
>autistic

get off the internet faggot

People can't be two things.

Music critics are too bad at writing to get a job in actual journalism or creating writing, and too bad at music to even play in a single band.

Don't listen to music critics.

Fantano is fun because he's a meme, he isn't a serious critic.

this

itstimetostopposting.jpg

fucking this

that is literally all that goes on here

what the fuck are you talking about

I don't care about youtube celebrities because I'm not a brainless normie

>he isn't a serious critic.
source?
tips tophat

this, desu

This is the same substanceless "criticism" lobbed at film critics, also. It holds absolutely no weight.

poopoo caca doodoo

Doesn't he play bass in a band?