A-C-D-C

F/Bb-Gm-G/Eb-F#m-F#m7

>let's post random strings of letters
>aha yeah that'll show em xDDD

you guys are pathetic

>73637089
>Not knowing what chords are
Holy fucking shit

what version of rape me are you playing?

#FAMULATE

is this baitu?

i dont understand this
this is a little diddy i've been trying to work out on piano over a Bb maj-Bb min alternating scale

>G-Em-C-D
i think titus andronicus did this once and it was good

WHAT S BEAUTIFUL FACE I HAVE FOUND IN THIS PLACE THAT IS CIRCLING ALL ROUND THE SUN

>not posting the diatonic roman numerals to cover all keys

I-V-vi-IV

>not changing the the frequency of A so that C-G-Am-F applies to every possible "key"

i don't have to do that because using roman numerals means it does apply to every possible key

how do you put the 5th on bottom with roman numerals

what do you mean

the roman numerals refer to diatonic chords, not notes

>G-Cadd9-D

A-G-D-C

Almost had em

well then youre useless

the 5th on the bottom of what

we're talking about progressions not building chords

this

I HOPE YOU HAD THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE

no thats what youre talking about

variations of this progression is literally every neutral milk hotel song
vocaroo.com/i/s04PHKm9bd1s

Let it be?

>vocaroo.com/i/s04PHKm9bd1s
What are you talking aboutTwo headed boy doesn't use that progression at all. It starts off as a non diatonic I - III, then switches between the I, IV, and V. And Communist Daughter is just I - V - IV - IV for two minutes.

my favorite

i was just doing some songs in the key of g, but there a lot of others with that progression

thats the inversion right?
I think you can notate that with roman numerals but its not really what they're for

well the songs being in the key of G is different than them using the same chord progression. there are only so many open position keys to play guitar in without using a capo/detuning. nice singing though

most basic pleb level chord combo in songwriting history

a min, C Maj 7, G Dominant 7, d min

get on my level

sorry i was drunk and without a sustain pedal or a think with more than 1.5 octaves and it was made in logic okay, tell me how bad it is
file.io/Wt4o77

Em-Am-Bm

who is that, looks so familiar

Kevin Parker

Dave Gilmour

mr Pink Floyd himself

not bad for a drunk, but i think either your noise gate or compressor are set too high.

>vi-I-V-ii
the Cmaj7 is pretty out of place being in the middle.

a vi serves the same function as a I, so i could see this working like an odd ii-V-I that begins on the I

capo 2
G Bm Fdim C/G
Em C#dim C/G F#dim

i give u guys a hint :)
white man with guitar
used to have a beard but its gone
released album this year

true, in the right context it could work. Might've been the voicings I was playing but it resolved way too quickly. But yeah, I agree

Pure Comedy was garbage

ignore my original post. i read it as vi I ii V. the issue with vi I V ii is that a minor ii resolving to a vi sounds meh in this context. if he adds a minor 7th to the d, that should give it enough common notes to sound better.

thats the joke

yeah that's what I played, or more specifically:

Am7 - Cmaj9 (1 3 7 9) - G13 (1 7 3 13) - Dm9 (1 3 7 9)

the whole thing sounded awkward honestly, it resolved on the second chord and the G to D and D to A didn't sound right at all. Again, might've been the voicings I was playing.

Whoopsie, meant
a min7, C Maj, G Dom 7, d min 7

I vary which chords are 7 when playing though, not super important

vocaroo.com/i/s0knjPj3wOGF

I think it might be the Gdom7 that sounds off, specifically the dom7 part. the F sounds way out of place and nothing leads into it.

The d minor should probably keep the 5th so that A minor feel more like the home chord. Maybe put the 5th in the bass to make a good transition from the G to the D minor without it feeling like the home chord. However that might be droning on the A bass note too much

Change the G7 to a G7 sus 4 and see if the works. Less tense that way. If not maybe an Fmaj with a G in the bass

honestly the best sounding would be

vi-7 - Imaj7 - Vmaj - ii-7

it's just the F in the G. No matter where I put it it sounds off. Without it the progression sounds great. Even in the recording he's just using the 7th as a colour note and not as a chord tone, in which case it sounds fine.

nothing about it sounds off. accidentially called it a dom7 though, it's a maj 7. Pride cometh before the fall

there aint an F in there and sus chords are for U2 and Ed Sheeran

After hearing him play it, I posted this I think if he's dead set on keeping an extension on that chord, that one of these might work

>accidentially called it a dom7 though, it's a maj 7

that sounds much nicer

>Fmaj7 with G in the bass
I like this too

spotted the pleb who doesn't know the power of the suspended 4th

An F with a G in the bass functions the same as a G7, but less tense and cliche. Sus chords aren't just for cheesy resolutions, they make the chord less jarring

I wouldn't necessarily add the 7th if you go the F maj with the G in the bass. It'll sound kinda cluttered.

i iv6/4 VII III6/4
dm gm/d c f/c for example
check out figured bass and inversions

true, the F in the soprano and the G in the bass has a nice sound to it. I'm playing these all on guitar btw, in case people were wondering why I'm using these specific voicings

vocaroo.com/

your way and then my way for comparison
edit. It was a dom 7 after all

JUST

I figured from the vocaroo. I learned the IV with the root of the V in the bass trick from some guy talking about Sonic OSTs. But I'd never admit that irl though.

The one where kurt comes out of his headphones and actually rapes him

oh that's not my vocaroo

this is me

it actually sounds better when the a minor is a major.

>Fm-G#-D#-A#

There's been a mix up because both of us are slaves to the 7 chord

Oh. I thought you were the guy that posted the original chord progression. You're the guy who responded first. I assumed you were playing on guitar from these voicings from the chords you posted earlier

you're referring to inversions? why didn't you say it.

exactly. I'm the guy from the vocaroo you're listening to

too much jazz my man, turns out the guy who posted the chord progression had the two minor chords and standard triads and not 7 chords, which might be why it was sounding off to me.

and I'm the guy who replied first

Have you tried the F with the G in the bass or the G7 sus 4. If so, does that work better for you?

Nah, I like it more with the dom 7. It's warmer, and you want that tension there anyway because it's about to resolve

yeah but it's not nice tension, it feels awkward.

But it's resolving to d minor so it's not really which is some weird plagal cadence thing. Doesn't really loop well with that much tension

No it doesn't. Built to spill used a resolution that same way in Carry the Zero.

vocaroo.com/i/s1MTpuiUXyhG

Every note of the Dom chord resolves perfectly