Why does everyone say how McGregor is so much bigger than Mayweather? Just an inch taller and 3 pounds heavier

Why does everyone say how McGregor is so much bigger than Mayweather? Just an inch taller and 3 pounds heavier....

What am I missing?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=HTdqV8XkYNo
youtube.com/watch?v=U8kTW1ofejM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They probably exaggerate Floyd height ny meauring him with boxing shoes on. Connor will look bigger than him on fightnight

McGregor's height is exaggerated too, so I think the height difference will be about the same

At fight night, McGregor will be around 170 and a 2 inch reach advantage. Doesn't matter anyways, Floyd will box rings around him. McGregor doesn't have boxing cardio.

This

Mayweather would kick his ass but I think it's a publicity stunt for $ and he'll let mcgregor win

Sometimes in fighting sports, size refers as much to someone's built as it does height/weight.

Not sure specifically in this case.

You must actually be retarded.
>publicity stunt
>Floyd will let mcgregor win
>Floyd will ruin his career
>Floyd will give up on breaking rocky marcianos record

Mayweather is ooold, he'll lose just because of that, if he were McGregors age he'd win

Have you ever listened to mayweather, he's a ego maniac. He literally lists himself as the top fighter in his top 5 of all time. He would never throw a fight.

To answer op, McGregor will rehydrate about 15-20 lbs, he will probably be 10-15 lbs heavier in the ring, which is a massive advantage, but none of that will matter because he's so far out of his depth, mayweather will embarrass him badly.

Things Conor needs to beat Mayweather:
increased block/defense [to avoid letting Mayweather score]
punching speed (at least for jabs to score with; he needs to at the very least out-score Floyd)
Psyche him out [Conor needs to be sure to lower Floyd's confidence, and even anger him to make him vulnerable]

I think that unless Conor trains for and achieves sufficient defense and jabbing speed, he's going to lose by way of points. I don't think he'll ever get knocked down, though. Nope. Conor's just way too tough for that. I do hope Conor wins, though. I hope he lands a lucky strike to Mayweather's dome and knocks him out. That'd be the highlight of Conor's career if he can achieve it.

Connor will get knocked down multiple times. Not used to being chopped down for 10 rounds. He won't get knocked out but he could get TKO'd by stoppage because Floyd will be fucking him up the whole fight. If by the grace of God Connor lands 1 punch knock out (which won't happen) it'll come from Floyd being to cocky...which he won't. Biggest money biggest stage...Floyd isn't going light in training just because Connor doesn't box.
People don't realize Floyd trains just as hard if not harder than most athletes in the world
Only one comparable to his training is
> phelps

m.youtube.com/watch?v=HTdqV8XkYNo

> video very much related. You might not like floyd
But
Muh
> hard work, dedication is fucking insane

Im a huge ufc fan and I agree. Cmac has poor cardio. He also walks around at 160. Remember he had to gorge food and wear jeans to his diaz weigh in cuz his metabolism refuses for him to be that high.

I just hope nobody really thinks for a second that one of them is going to get knocked out or badly beat

this is all business and the outcome will be a very very close decision with mayweather winning my like a fraction of an ass hair

neither will have their reputation ruined this way and theyll both make a shit ton

He wont be that heavy.

See this

wiener size

they've felt it.

Lel floyd cant knock down shit. Sit down. He isnt a ko fighter.
The only way he'll get a TKO is if connor is too gassed to defend himself.

Dubs speaks truth

I said this in a thread earlier, but it's all about brands here. Even if mcgregor loses, he can win. All he would have to do is throw a kick or an elbow. What's the worst that can happen? They revoke his boxing commission and fine him? He only got his commission for this fight. He could lose and still win.

I see cardio brought up alot here. Mma is longer rounds correct? I could definitely see it wearing on cmac in later rounds but for the first 6 it just does seem like an issue.

why are they boxing mayweathers sport shouldn't it be some middle ground ?

Remember Rousey faggots, MMA fighters cannot stand up with a boxer. Take it to the ground and youll win but a boxer will always beat an MMA fighter standing up.

That's what would be perfect. A kickboxing match. No ground game. All strikes. But Mayweather can't allow kicks cause he'd have no chance. Plus he would break his fragile baby hands with lighter gloves.

yup i think it will be a waste of money to pay to see it

There are three things that are certain in this world:
The sun goes up
The sun goes down
And Mayweather on points

I'm not ruling out a ko shot from mcgregor tho. Floyd has been clipped before with sloppy punches and his chin isn't granite.

Not unless said MMA BECOMES the boxer. That's where Conor needs to up his punching speed and defense to bring his score up while bringing his score down. If he can do this, then he has a chance at winning. He already has the power to knock him out, but the problem is landing said [left] punches.

god I'd love mcgregor to win
he's got a snowball's chance in hell of it but imagine how bad it'd shame the boxing industry

It would literally be the death of boxing. And goddammit am I hoping for it

Exactly Connor is not used to 10 rounds of keeping his hands high

Boxing's already dead. This would just take away the dignity

Fuck you. Rebirth of boxing would be amazing. Only reason it's went to shit is promo people fucking Jews the shit out of the best fighters

Implying his hands will have to be high if he's not inside. Floyd will use his trademark "can't catch me" style. He's definitely not gonna push mcgregor. If he does, the chances of him getting clipped go up dramatically.

Connor is a natural 153. Floyd fights above his recommended weight class often by watering up.

Even if McGregor does that hes not landing a thing, there are boxers who've been in the game for 15 years who cant touch him. Floyd is cocky but the second he gets in the ring hes all buisness. McGregors going to be out classed.

Look at all the poeple who have no clue what there talking about.

He's been clipped before by some sloppy shots. To say there's no chance of that happening is implying cmac has zero standup game and that's just retarded. It's a small chance. But it's there. And it only has to happen once.

Nice bait faggot. Have a (you)

If conor has any brains he will diet and try to get as close to the weight as possible. And work on that fucking jab please.

>there

hopefully not. He should get in there as heavy as legally possible and throw haymaykers in random directions.

pretty much his only chance.

>people take this seriously
Mayweather will fuck his shit up.
You don't send a firefighter to do a cop's job and expect them to do it better than a cop.
The same goes for Mayweather in an MMA match. He'd lose.
This is all hype and zero substance.

He's been clipped by professional boxers. Guys who have focused years of the craft. Conor is good but it is a whole new level.

McGregors walking around weight is 170

Floyd counts on sloppy fighters and sluggers, they go ape shit trying to land SOMETHING and he counters them. Of course anyone has a shot, this is boxing. Look a Chavez v Taylor and youll see that anything can happen in a fight, however from a technical stand point I dont see anything worth while happeneing.

I am rooting for McGregor to pull a ufc move in the ring and claim that he must have forgotten it was not mma

need more cardio for a 5 round 5 min per round fight than 10 3 minute rounds.

Another thing to take into consideration is Floyd isn't on top of his game. He's been "retired" and this fight is in a month and a half. That's not a very long camp. There's alot of "what-ifs" to this fight. Not enough for me to spend money on it but I'm still gonna watch it. If they wanted all my money they'd put Mayweather in there with GGG. That would be a slaughter.

yeah, no

This is what I'm hoping for too. What's the worst that could happen to mcgregor?

You're dumb. Rousey had no striking skills just wrestling, judo and a little BJJ. She was also overrated. Connor is a prolific striker.

and there's this

Why? Different user here

I thought they made a movie about this, the great white hype.

Promoter gets a white guy to box against black champ. Champ does not take it seriously and shows up to the ring fat and way out of shape. all this time the white guy has been training his heart out, rocky style.

When they fight the fat black champ beats the living shit out of the white guy and on to next fight.

He doesnt need to read the other comments in the thread reet

he got his shit pushed back by nick Diaz. he won the rematch but that should be enough to expose how bad he is.

Tipdubs gets it

Fucking perfect argument 10/10. I have no rebuttal

Oh wow! The striker got tapped by the ground guy who has a bjj blk belt. You just reinforced the argument. Nice.

Floyd will walk around the ring like with Pacman, afraid to engage in actual boxing.

It will be boring.

Floyd will probably win by decision.

Yawn.

Im talking more about the arrogance of an MMA fighter thinking they are automatically better than any boxer. Arrogance always bites you in the ass in the end, you start throwing crazy because you feel invincible and get a nice counter punch. Look at McGregors technique and watch old floyd fights with opponents with a similar style to see how he handles them. Calling me dumb does nothing for either of our arguments.

nothing, this is a huge joke and an easy 70 million for mcgregor, if they box there is just absolutely 0 chance mcgregor will win, this will be stupid, floyd will just run around the ring and barley even get touched, if they have a real mma fight, it's likely floyd would get walked through but when it comes to boxing even anderson silva who was world renown as a great versatile striker went 1-1 pro boxing against some bums at the lower end of the pro card, floyd is one of the bext boxers in history and uses the rules highly to his advantage, he can just run all day and counter punch, better then probably anyone has ever been able to do, one of the best outfighters of all time, if you could just take him down, then easy win, only boxing there is no hope for some half way boxing bum to beat a GOAT

boxing cardio is not about being in shape. Boxers body shots pull the legs out from under you and the heavy boxing gloves become anchors after three rounds.

Groundwork on MMA can't compare

It's in his contract that if he does he loses a lot of money. Also floyd will probably sue his ass.

Does no one think that conor has been training in boxing for fucking forever? He won all of ireland or some shit when he was young. Its not like hes fucking retarded when it comes to boxing. Im sure bocing had been his sole training since this idea was presented. Jesus. To even consider floyd as super superior is ridic. Yall gay.

I wouldn't call taking punches to the body enough to make a difference. MMA fighters take heavier kicks. Nobody should enter any ring if they can't take a hit.

>older fights with people of similar styles

He's always had trouble with south paws tho. And there's no one I could compare to when it comes to mcgregors movement style.

This doesn't piss on its dignity?
The biggest fight in 2017 will be a retired fighter vs a 1st fight pro? Boxing is a sport for Mexicans.

promoters are party poopers

It'll be a bullshit fight like the pacquiao fight. But they'll make massive amounts of money from it, an estimated 100m from it apparently.

There's also an hour of footage of him beating up women. #dedication

Diaz rocked him hard the only reason it went to the ground is because conor went for a TD.

Both Diaz's are known for their strong boxing, so much that they sparred with Andre Ward whose considered the P4P best boxer in the world right now. you is a dumb.

As long as the rules are centered around boxing, Floyd has a huge advantage, but I doubt he will actually knockout McGregor, Floyd will just go for points like always.

If the rules were centered around MMA, Floyd would be on life support.

Kek

Still a brand win tho. Especially if he scoops him.

Floyds an olympian. And an undefeated professional. Connors a young guy who thinks he can take on the world, it doesnt matter if he knows boxing. It's whether or not he can outclass a future hall of famer at his own game. Ur Gay.

Yet I'm still going to watch that shit.

If he walks around at 160 why did he look like Mr skeleton when he had to weigh in at 145lbs.

Yeah but there's that tiny as fuck chance that Goober lands on Floyd and puts him to sleep.

That's why we're all watching.

What strats would get the win coming from both fighters.. floyds is obviously predictable...b ut that leaves a large opening. Weve seen a loy of ufc people box.. never the oyher way around. Boxers arent anything special minus endurance and reflexes

I hope Connor gets stunned, forgets where he is and tornado kicks that nigger into the first row. The chaos would be worth the ppv price.

As much as I want to see Irish prick beat this wimin beater to a pulp. I'm pretty sure Floyd will play with him like Connor played with Alvarez. Which will be enough for him to be embarrassed out of boxing, ufc and start filling fast and furious 50 with Stratham and appearing in wwe.

Sad really, innit.

I love MMA. There is a reason champion boxers don't go to the UFC. Its because they'll get their ass beat for less money.

Having said that, McGregor's only hope is that is that his age and power can get the better of Floyd. Chances are, Mayweather by boring decision.

What's sad?

Conor was on welfare like 5 years ago and now he's going to make more in a single fight than any other MMA figher made in their entire careers. How the fuck is that sad?

This guy gets it.

mayweather is taking the win simply because theres more at stake for him and he knows it

the pressure should have his ass training right now as were talking about it

I dont see him, being the determined fighter that he is, tarnishing a perfect record over any amount of money, specially since hes already worth enough to live comfortably well into his last days

This

Its Mayweathers legacy to be the most boring champion of all time.

Underrated post,

Mayweather is the best boxer at not losing. You'll have to go back a ways to find a fight that he really won.

He did beat the shit outta pacquiao and cotto if you count him as one

I'm talking about his ego, not his already morbidly obese wallet.

Dude, this fight has been an unofficial thing since the Diaz fight. There is no way in fuck that Floyd hasn't been preparing for this. Do you honestly think he would put his record on the line with only a 6 week camp. Floyd will be in as good of shape as he has been for any fight. This isn't nothing but a cash grab for both f them. The difference is that floyds entire career would be looked at different.

If Mayweather 'beat the shit' out of Pacquiao and Cotto than what does Canelo and Golovkin do to people?

> Floyd will be in as good of shape as he has been for any fight.

The dude is long past his prime.

you have way to much faith in mcgregor's boxing
youtube.com/watch?v=U8kTW1ofejM

Name on fight in the last 10 years that he was gassed. Don't get me wrong, I hate him. I hate everything about him but you can't say anything about his work ethic.

Fight bums and putting on a showcase of mediocre skill

Floyd is gonna mop the floor, mcgregor is not a boxer no matter how cocky he wants to be

Yup. The only reason I would ever watch is to see Mcgregor knock his cocky ass out.