>2016
>not looking forward to this

I don't even have words to describe people like you.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZLO4X6UI8OY
youtube.com/watch?v=O2JjLBDPEEQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Sicario
>Prisoners
He could make a movie about turds on different kinds of plates and I would watch it.

Oh no someone put a big dumb object in what I can only assume is london.

Is that a portal or a levitating rock?

Are you pretending to be retarded or are you American?

Oh hey guys look, it's the action-adventure alien invasion movie we have all been waiting for

>London
Not recognizing that ugly red ball tower.

no its ur moms dildo

>action-adventure

oh so you literally know nothing about it and havent seen a second of the trailer then, opinion discarded

why is it that every fucking piece of media has to be titled as vaguely as possible

"Room" "Arrival" "Prisoners"

it makes actually googling simple words impossible because you'll get an IMDB page

is Charlie Sheen in this?

A ufo like this is much scarier. At least they got that much right so far. May see it, may not.

It's from the same guy that's directing the Blade Runner sequel trash.

I will avoid it like the plague.

Fuck you

This material won't translate to the screen. Read the book.

looks breddy gud

>2016
>being excited for the latest installment of War of the Worlds and/or Close Encounters

Fuck off, pleb. The only non-cliche "lol aliums" movies I can think of in the last decade are District 9 or 10 Cloverfield Lane

And those were still popcorn flicks.

Didn't like the trailer but director and premise will make me watch it.

The trailer seems to show that the film is Fucking dumb.

I'm still asspained that District 9 didn't actually go down the mockumentary path all th way.

heres the trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=ZLO4X6UI8OY

how so?

The teaser trailer was perfect and had me excited. It would have gotten me to actually go to the movies for the first time in forever.

But the full trailer killed my interest by showing how it's just going to be uninspired uninteresting mediocre horseshit I've seen dozens of times already. Saved me 9 bucks, I should be grateful

Also,
>Now that's a proper introduction
they couldn't get a better take than this? It sounds like she flubbed her line.

>The teaser trailer was perfect and had me excited. It would have gotten me to actually go to the movies for the first time in forever.
>But the full trailer killed my interest by showing how it's just going to be uninspired uninteresting mediocre horseshit I've seen dozens of times already.

This so hard. It was interesting to see a contact movie that was based around how we would communicate with an advanced race.

Now it's just
>Ruskies starting intragalactic war >:(

You're retarded and obviously haven't read the source material. It's not action in the slightest.

There's no fucking war you asshat. There is literally no action at all in the story the movie is based on.

Emphasis on the word "starting ", friend.

>sicario
>prisoners
>amy adams
>jeremy renner
>forest whitaker (he's actually not that bad)

So one of the biggest hack directors is making an alien movie with a couple actors who star in cape shit and occasionally oscar bait. Wow. This'll be the next Chinatown.

Dutchfag here

i also thougth ti was london

This. The man is on a roll with his movies. If he nails Arrival and Blade Runner 2. He'll be god like.

Sicario was shit

People are looking forward to it. What makes you think they aren't?

You're just contrarian.
That or your a drug narco or part of the mexican drug cartel.

>now that's a proper quip

what did the only woman who can figure this out mean?

Movies make aliens scary but in reality probably aren't.
She wanted the aliens to spook her and they did.

>when movie executes run out of ideas and have to start taking from video games
wew lad

What are you talking about now?

>movie is about a mother and her daughter
>Daughter dies rock climbing
>Aliens leave as soon as humans make a communication breakthrough
>Action sequence is bait, book has zero action only flashbacks of the daughter

Fuck off shill

it's the same shit all over againnn how can you fall for this?

Ikr

Villeneuve is base dthough

I'm actually really pumped for this just by the way it looks alone.

>no stupid little green men
>no dumb assimilation plot
>no "they were here the whole time and the government knew" bullcrap
>the point of the movie is the lack of communication and building a language
>It's a real location, not some weird apple store future
>Amy Adams is a really good actress

I'm excited and I think that this will be very good.

the premise is garbage, user, there's nothing new to write about aliens arriving, there's literally nothing, every angle has been used

It looks pretty gay

Besides, Contact is the only Sci Fi movie worth watching.

Only if you mean star trek first contact, probably the only realistic first contact movie there is.

>the fuc is realistic when we've never seen aliens. You people are reaching.

Does it make me an edgy weeb if I liked Gantz? Even after the point where everything became really weird and the world went to shit?

>tfw still havent read the final 20 chapters though
Wish there was a torrent for proper Dark Horse scans.
Hows the live action adaptation? Rubbish, I presume?

Shut up fag

Villeneuve is nolan-tier pleb-bait and a boring hack who has never made a good film. No thanks.

>Does it make me an edgy weeb if I liked Gantz?

You should probably spend less time on Sup Forums if you insist on asking these types of questions.

the new movie looks amazing

Read the source material. I font think it'll translate to screen well but it's patrician tier science fiction as opposed to pleb tier Sci fi

Looks completely mediocre, much like Sicario was.

Indeed
youtube.com/watch?v=O2JjLBDPEEQ

tell me, is it new? has this author been able to create something new without it being some philosophical crap. Also
>Amy Adams

21st century hollywood actresses are fugly and act like shit

>googling just the word room
Why
>doesn't scroll for actual results

you mean THE shit

I hate Amy Adams

No it's all about language and the idea that your spoken language changes your perception. It's pretty cerebral

>amy adams

No thanks

wtf i hate amy adams now

I feel like I agree with you. Thats my first impression anyway..

I really want it to be fugging outstanding but the trailer is giving me bad vibes with respect to my desires.

>shitty version of Embassytown

no thanks

Congratulations, you're dumb enough that people can unironically mistake you for an American.

I don't like her nor do I hate her. She's a decent actress but beyond that I don't see the appeal.

You are so dumb it hurts.

I lost hope as soon as I saw fighter jets shooting missiles at it in the trailer. We just can't have a nice alien/scifi movie that doesn't turn into full action crap half in

>Implying you knew what they were shooting at.
Even the trailer implies the russians were doing a better job at communicating.

>without it being some philosophical crap

I wanna try and convince you that this film is worth hypeing but I'm also slightly worried you're a complete moron.

So name your top 3 films please

How many more fucking movies is this guy going to fit between the present day and Blade Runner?

They attached him after Prisoners for fucks sake.

Sci-fi is and always has been about philosophical, moral and ethical questions posed by technological advancement and what if scenarios. Just because nowdays fantasy/sci-fi=action movie doesnt mean the essence of the genre has changed. Also how can you dislike fiction of any kind that actually tries to pose some questions?

Why do you expect an actor to have any appeal besides being a good actor?

I don't think you should worry too much. Look at the Sicario trailer - the action's really heavily ramped up in what was actually an extremely low-action film.

honestly I think blade 2unner is probably a walking disaster. It must be an absolute nightmare to try and make a sequel to what was an extremely self-contained story.

If you look at Villeneuve's work as a whole the one thing that strikes me is a ridiculous amount of consistency. I may have personal preferences for his films, but on an objective level they're all pretty flawless. I reckon the guy is probably an insane perfectionist and is basically holding off on production as long as possible because he's terrified it's going to be a disaster.

Sicario practically was a blade runner prequel

See the thing is though, if you have an interesting well developed setting and a self contained story in it, why not make another movie that is just another self contained story? Why does everything have to be a direct sequel? If you try to continue a self contained story you always end up with disaster excuses for sequels that have no business existing. Like fucking american psycho 2, jesus fuck it was so bad.

It's gonna be Interstellar all over again. A good premise that gets ruined by emotional (love) schlock.

Mark my words!

I mean, American Psycho 2 was like the Asylum school of sequels - where someone basically steals the rights and tries to scam people.

But yeah, I generally agree. It's actually a place where films could take some cues from TV. I'd like a Blade Runner sequel which is related to the original in the same way that the Black Mirror episodes are related to each other, or how True Detective season 1 is related to season 2 : same world, similar themes, brief references to original, but generally different.

it's a pity TD season 2 was really pretty bad but you get the idea

I doubt it, Villeneuve has literally never done the starry-eyed nolan "love will save us all" thing. If anything his characters get fucking torn apart and ruined by falling in love.

I don't expect much from Arrival, but it'll be way better than overblown bloated shits such as Gayvity, Intergayllar and The Gaytian by default.

incisive wit you've got there user

before sicario is used to praise villeneuve and look forward to this but now meh.

ennemy and sicario were both bland, havent felt anything watching those.

prisoners was cool but deeply flawed, incendies was awesome tho

>movie about the middle east and geneology
Movie sounds really cucked though

Oh boy, the remake of Contact nobody asked for.

GET OUT of my country REEEEEE

your taste sounds pretty bad lmao

>Contact is the only Sci Fi movie worth watching
Jesus fucking Christ remove yourself.

Didn't Ursula Le Guin already do that? And a far while ago? And it was acclaimed and popular and everything?

It is going to be full of
DUDE MEN START WARS LMAO
DUDE EVIL STUPID MILITARY MEN WANT TO START A WAR LMAO
DUDE BLAME THE REPUBLICANS LMAO

Con paz

Yeah it's The Dispossessed and it's great.

The start follows a scholar from a communist/feminist planet who's constantly calling things phallic and talking about how great their society was and how bad capitalism is. I was about to drop it but I soldiered on having read The Lathe of Heaven(one of my favorite sci-fi books and read some quotes from her that sounded pretty based.

Half way through he goes to the capitalist planet, which is his nearest neighbor and despite his initial disgust he realises that his homeworlds rigid views and shame/conformity culture have stilted their development and ensures they'll never compete on the galactic stage.

It's brilliant because it was written back when the feminists were going full retard and manages to suck them in with the first few chapters and then completely destroy them without discarding the core merits of their arguments.

Le Guin is a brilliant writer.

Where's her pile of movie adaptions?

>A ufo like this is much scarier

Scarier than what? And how?

>any writer worth a shit
>getting hollywood film adaptations

Choose one and ONLY one senpai.

I think they made a Lathe of Heaven adaption but it looked fairly iffy.

I hope they leave her alone. It's one thing to adapt a film with loads of action sequences and discard the social commentary but her work is pretty much entirely social commentary and it's pretty out there - even by today's standards. If they adapted it shit could only work by overplaying the romance and striping away everything else/rewriting it such that it makes the opposite points of the original work.

Imagine "At the Left Hand of Darkness" as a film, they'd probably remove all the stuff about the need to examine biological gender roles in order to ever truly move beyond them and turn it into a trans rights metaphor. I don't normally care for romance at all but god damn did AtLHoD make me feel some feels.

The night I watched the trailer for this I had a dream where I was inside one of the pods talking with one of the aliens near a group of other people. One of the people gave the alien a joint DUDE WEED LMAO and then it started freaking out. I walked off and looked at a kind of biodome that was inside the ship, someone was pointing out a hive thing. All these little wasp bugs came out and buzzed around with some prey when different huge wasps came out and killed it. Someone next to me started talking about how it was a symbiotic relationship. Also there were huge flamingoes coloured blue with huge beaks.

Phillip K. Penis, The Strugatsky Memelords, Stanislaw Lem and a few other solid ones got movies. I haven't given up yet.

Also I just remembered that a Childhood's End adaption was made last year and flew completely under the radar. I think it's safe to assume that it was shit.

That's a fair point. Too many of the best elements of good science-fiction are too deep for this medium.

Amy Adams' voice is like some kind of anti-ASMR. I don't know if it's the mixing in the trailers but it's uncomfortable to listen to, especially the "proper introduction" line.

user please forgive me, its the first I'm hearing of it.

I don't think that it's too deep for the medium, it's more that it can be very difficult to do good sci-fi in a visual medium without a big budget and big budgets require dumbing down.

>PART, TIME!