I was at work to day with my co workers and they were playing their music...

I was at work to day with my co workers and they were playing their music. Even thought it was just one of their playlists the other person knew every word to the song even thought I've never heard of it. Everytime they would ask me user have you heard of this song and I would say no I haven't. Even thought it was top 40s bullshit I felt like was being shitted on for my musical taste, are we required to know this shit??? How do you guys fucking deal with this shit?

Avoid your coworkers

just be honest and tell them you dont listen to top 40

thought and though are different words retard, like I agree with you man but this is so fucking hard to read

the best thing to do is this

>Oh yeah ive been into 90s music latley, Nirvana, and red hot chilly peppers, you know.

that way you can atleast channel music thats not terrible

lol sorry I got drunk man. I tried to reread this shit. Haha I am sorry

my co workers are bigger hipsters than me desu, they think I'm a pleb for owning Sonic Youths entire discog

>red hot chilly [sic] peppers
>not terrible

You're not with it anymore... and what's it now seems weird and scary to you. Go listen to the golden oldies radio station.

>implying i didnt know that

thats why i spelled it wrong

Nirvana
Chili Peppers
Sonic Youth

Are you 40 years old?

try to find middle ground. everyone likes something well known regardless of if its pleb or not. Once you can share a taste then you can delve deeper step by step. But yeah it is annoying and sometimes there isn't a middle ground.

I gave up on expecting anyone to have similar music taste to me in high school and have been much happier since. Validation is pointless.

I always just tell people I listen to Scandinavian traditional folk music, it sounds just weird enough to get people to not ask anymore and it's still partly true as well

what are they into?

What do you consider the "middle ground" like animal collective?
Kek

lol i don't work with turboplebs and i get to pick the music

What do you consider a turboppeb? Like Coldplay, t swift, and future?

Expose them to something funky.

it is in your best interest to seek advice from a different website

coldplay, mumford and sons and lumineers

Last time I was a cook I subjected coworkers to punk, goth shit, pop punk, vaporwave, stoner metal, and older alt rock. Even played death grips and the meme album over the sea. They probably thought it was weird as shit but I just did it for a giggle since you couldn't hear music in the kitchen from where people ate.

Seem shit happened at my job today op...did we just become bff?

just be yourself

I'm manager in my entire division. Therefor, no shit talk for not knowing closer or whatever.

literally anything you both can agree on liking. or at least not hating. beatles, pink floyd, green day, anything well known.