Oi Sup Forumstardos. How do you cure your depression? Any suggestions?

Oi Sup Forumstardos. How do you cure your depression? Any suggestions?

suicide

Pills first, then work on the reason for your depression.

You can beat depression man. It starts with you, you need to change your outlook on life and YOUR life. Its not easy but its worth working on man. Positive attitude can help you

Go for a fucking run. Pull yourself together. Stop wallowing in pathetic self-pity. Get out of the house and meet people, Find something to fill your time that isn't sitting round contemplating suicide.

effort, medication, finding some of the causes for your depression and working on changing them.

Good luck user, currently working on the same thing myself. Going to try medication for the first time in my life.

You don't.

Get tough or die.

Real answer on Sup Forums. Something rare.
Thank you user, i will try my best to change it.
-Op

I have no motivation for anything whatsoever, but i will force myself to run every now and then, might help. Thanks user
-Op

And what do you think, what's your reason?
Also good luck to you too man
-Op

I spent four months in a psychiatric ICU a few years back. I got better, no medication, just taking control of my life.

The thing to remember when you're at the low points is that you have been through it before and it did get better and it will get better again. Problem is it takes several cycles of depression and recovery to fix this in your brain. Take it from me, deep depression is temporary. And suicide really is a permanent fix to a temporary problem.

Once you start forcing yourself to run, those endorphins will kick in. Couple of months down the line you'll notice a really massive effect.

I believe my reasoning is a I had a really fucked up and difficult start in life which has made me bitter. Over half of my family has been diagnosed with a some form of severe mental illness, so I've spent a lot of time around crazies. The worst I've been diagnosed with is add and depression...

"successfully" made it through life without medication, graduated with top marks, got all the things I wanted from life expecting it to make me happy... None of it did, and I finally started accepting there's something wrong with me and if medication helps it will do more than just allow me to enjoy things.

I don't know how I managed to do any of it without even a quarter of energy normal people have, but the past 4 years I've done nothing but live in a hole away from everything and every one and I have to make a change soon or I'll probably just end up blowing my head off or a less successful younger version of the guy at the end of there will be blood.

Another tip: stop obsessing about your problems. I'm NOT saying bottle it up, I mean work through your problems any way you can then set them aside.

I had EMDR therapy which helped enormously but it's hard to find good practitioners. Imagine all your traumatic thoughts are clothes, just thrown into a closet in no order, just complete chaos. EMDR effectively takes the clothes out of the closet, folds them up and puts them away. So I'm still aware of all the factors that brought on the depression but it's no longer traumatic to me.

shit in your hands and rub it on your chest

I don't obsess on them. And considering I handle them extremely well as that's not my issue. But you have to understand drama and trauma are different. And a normal person living through extremely fucked up circumstances is going to leave damage.

here you go op, worked for me, this thing is a miracle

Play a guitar. Does it for me.

Does it for me to. Except when I was in psychiatric hospital, they wouldn't let me have a guitar. So that didn't fucking help one fucking bit.

Dude
I was in a super slump, lost my job, moved back to folks after having a house to myself, lost my car and gf all in one glorious "fuck you" year and thought I was just better of taking myself out.
I met a old man who taught me a few things about happieness and self love. His advice opened my mind to the possibility that its not all that bad. I forced myself to keep going and obtain a better outlook on life. Im working again at a better job, have a awesome gf and getting a car in the next month.
Motivate yourself dudes

Shrooms

Hello fellow Sup Forumsfriend
Each individual has a different coping mechanism - for some it's sports, for some it's a relationship - for me it's pot/alcohol
All of the methods above so not cure the disease itself, but only alleviate the symptoms.
My suggestion for you is how another posted in this thread - the change starts within yourself; only you can feel and experience the extent of your depression, so change your outlook on things - most important thing is to take it easy and not overdramatize things - remember everyone dies either way and it's the journey/whatever you do with your life is what really matters.
Best of luck and safe travels
-a fellow Sup Forumsfriend :^)

By the way I started taking low doses of acid some time ago during a stable mental period - it helped alot and helped in the therapeutic sense