ITT

Truly talented femaled artists. Grimes is not allowed.

Other urls found in this thread:

last.fm/user/chairmandore/library
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_(musician)#Musical_style
pandora.com/station/2895208146671614201
youtube.com/watch?v=gnZh4E0_7KM
youtube.com/watch?v=7_v26Q6Ohtg
youtube.com/watch?v=rF6SmruITBI
youtube.com/watch?v=Z0_OCVx6YbQ&list=PL664D269202553C92
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

grimes

*blocks your path*

>Grimes is not allowed.
Lol good luck with that.

>Wilson sisters
>Pat Benatar

Pic related Claire Boucher

Too bad she never topped Viscera.

Grimes >>>>> Your favorite artist

how many swords do you think she owns?

Obviously not enough since she hasn't rammed one through her abdomen already

Many will disagree but,
>F R A N K I E C O S M O S
>R
>A
>N
>K
>I
>E
<
>C
>O
>S
>M
>O
>S

Just remembered Trish Keenan is dead. Sad!

>not being nice to Grimes

>Grimes is not allowed.
The best one, not allowed? What kind of sorcery is this?

>being nice to a shit artist

>While she’s a complex person, it only works for her, gathering everyday listeners and turning them into fans. And what’s most impressive, is Claire herself. She’s making it within the music industry, not bothering to change who she is to better her chances of succeeding. It’s clear to see Grimes’ appeal. She is far more open than many other artists are, and she’s not afraid to speak up for what she believes in. She’s not here to be molded by society or to be formed into another mainstream artist guided by the latest sounds or trends.

>Grimes is who she is, not who you want her to be.

Still a shit artist lmao

Just your shitty opinion

That's just your shitty opinion

:( i hope she's okay

>''gimme that middle aged finnish talk show host cut''
>''got you senpai''

laura nyro is the best female artist, imo

some other favourites:
>kate bush
>hope sandoval
>jolie holland
>billie holiday
>elizabeth fraser
>lisa gerrard
>jennifer lee (tokimonsta)
>alison goldfrapp
>björk
>emilíana torrini
>vashti bunyan
>linda perhacs
>sibylle baier
>france gall
>joanna newsom

love trish as well. rip

alice glass?

Yes, Frankie Cosmos writes exceptional tunes.

GOAT female musician is Mariah Carey though.

Of course Grimes isn't allowed because she isn't talented

>she isn't talented

Occupations:
Singer, songwriter, producer, sound engineer, live performer, visual artist, music video director, colorist and editor, dancer, model, writer

Instruments:
Vocals, synthesizer, sampler, guitar, bass, drums, violin, ukulele

Main interests:
Music, visual arts, dancing, books, films, modeling, video games, internet and others

Music taste:
last.fm/user/chairmandore/library
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_(musician)#Musical_style
pandora.com/station/2895208146671614201

Others:
- Grimes does everything in her music, from singing and songwriting to artwork and production
- nice personality, beautiful look, cares about environment issues and saving animals
- took her name from grime music after discovering the existence of the genre on Myspace
- studied ballet for 11 years
- was a goth outcast in high school
- studied neuroscience, philosophy, and Russian literature and McGill University before being dropped out for missing classes
- started making music when she was around the age of 19
- big Lord of the Rings, Dune, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Abbess Hildegard von Bingen and Russian literature fan.

She blows almost everyone out of the water (especially Grimes) Dust is AOTY worthy

Apparently that belongs to one of the dudes from HEALTH

Geez, what a pretentious cunt.

Any love for Tujiko Noriko here?

Frances Quinlan is so goddamn underrated
Hop Along LP3 when

I really loved 28, what else by her is worth checking out?

anyone knows some rock with good female vocals? I really like The Runaways first album (never listened to the second) but for example patti smith is good, she surely is more sophisticated but way softier and not really catchy fun in your face rock

courtney barnett
la sera
angel olsen

agreed

>28

Haven't listened to it desu, but I'm a big fan of Make Me Hard and pic related

St. Vincent

Cate Le Bon
youtube.com/watch?v=gnZh4E0_7KM

Carla dal Forno also pretty good youtube.com/watch?v=7_v26Q6Ohtg

>Frances Quinlan is so goddamn underrated
>Hop Along LP3 when

i know theyre working on it now

youtube.com/watch?v=rF6SmruITBI

Incredible no molly yet??

she certainly has a lot of "talent"

this is my fav webm

why do you even bother including the main interests, music taste, and "others" sections? all of them have nothing to do with talent.

No competition

Au Pairs

But I won't be sure until I see her solo release

>Talented

Ethan did all the job on CC, she was just an image to be copied by Tumblr bitches

I have no idea what even happened to her - truly underrated and basically forgotten about

>Ctrl+F
>No Danz

Lame.

I will always remember them giving top 5 worst live shows I've ever seen

a bit obscure, but great: does anyone of you know Stina Nordenstam?

Looks like the girl from pretty girls make graves?

Ironically I thought so *before* she left. I changed my mind when the first album without her turned out to be 0/10 shit compared to which the 2013 album sounds like their first one.
I'm still not sure though, let's see if she can make something decent.

Good guitarrist, good vocalist, better producer and songwritter than most of those female ''producers'' people adore in here. No pretentious fanbase. Is appreciated for more than her ''beauty'' or ''personality''.

but she's a swedish solo artist tho. not active anymore, sadly...
youtube.com/watch?v=Z0_OCVx6YbQ&list=PL664D269202553C92

Sometimes the sun is greater than the parts. Amnesty was total shit, but I'd be shocked if Alice put out a solo release that was actually good. Anything they do separately is gonna be worse than the 2 of em together. They both suck ass on their own so far.

The last Crystal Castles album sounds 100% Crystal Castles, and without Alice Glass.

Will check it out when I get home but she does look like the girl from PGMG I just looked it up

You don't have ears if you think that album is anywhere near as good as the first 3.

thank guys

I probably have better ears than you, friend. That being said, III is pretty bad, and as repetitive as Amnesty. Amnesty is just the next step in the road to less creativity Ethan is taking, as it happens with a lot of acts and bands. It has nothing to do with Alice Glass, Ethan produced all the music, and the girl that replaced Alice Glass does the job pretty good on the other front. tldr: Crystal Castle's downfall is just the natural progression of musical acts, not Alice's Glass fault.

No love?

I KNOOOOW EEEEEET

III was more consistent than repetitive to me if that makes sense. And yeah amnesty just seemed tired and stale. Also as far as a front-person goes for a band, Alice is 1000x better than Edith.

I do agree that it's just the natural progression for Ethan. The first cc stuff was over a decade ago, it's hard to still be fresh for that long.

I THINK I KNOW EET FROM A HYMN

It's easy to stay true to your roots when she's always been an even shittier Lady Gaga.

this

is that Natalie Merchant?

Filename. From A Sunny Day in Glasgow.

>truly talented
>female
YLYL thread?

only true answer

They have. A talent is supported by many other things such as music taste. She's a musician, so music taste is extremely important because that shaped her artistry.

Also a pasta should be posted as it is.

Don't fool yourself, she's no better than Grimes. She's decent but not a genius.

On the other hand Grimes has the complete package: music, looks and personality.

Just your shitty opinion. You and Gaga are not fit to tie her shoes.

Susanne Sundfor

Is that Edgar Winters?

>Unironically defending an asexual Tumblr singer.
She's not going to fuck you if you defend her online boy

surprised no one mentioned her

*clap*

Not an argument. Now, GTFO prick. I'm not interested anymore to hear your bullshit.

You never made an argument so neither did I lmao. Sorry you can't get over that Grimes sucks and you're only defending her cause you're attracted to gremlins apparently.