I don't tip. Ever! Why should I?

I don't tip. Ever! Why should I?

"We only got paid about $3 per hour, boo-fucking-hoo." None of my problems! I just don't care!
"If you cant afford to tip, then don't go out eat." My economy is not the fucking waiter's problem.
"Tell in advance you're not going to tip." My habits are also not the fucking waiter's problem.
I go out.
I order.
I pay for what I ordered.
That's it.

Does Sup Forums tip? If so, why?

You should only tip if you'll go back and be recognized, assblasted waiters will fuck with your food. Otherwise don't give those cunts a dimel. inb4 salt, everyone knows how much you niggers make and you know you don't deserve it. You should be grateful this tipping shit even exists in the first place because it's the only reason you aren't making minimum wage. A trained ape could do your job

What's the difference between a Navajo and a Canoe?

Idk, what?

A Canoe will still tip

I hope you Don't go to the same places often user.

That's the beauty of living in a big city. I can eat at a different place everyday.

don't ever fuck with someones food unless you are fully prepared to sit in a wheel chair the rest of your life

This goes the same with their livelihood. But to a greater extent. Because y'know, they need it to live.

The people that complain about not making enough in tips are the same people that bring home 100 or more a night in just tips.

the rest of the world doesn't tip.
I don't get it. why are the US so retarded?

oh look at all the niggers

I only tip if the waiter was exceptional, i.e. beyong what is to be expected from the place I'm eating at
They get their pay for the job they do, and I pay for the stuff I want to eat (which includes the costs of making it and maintaining the place)

Easy as that

The rest of the world also includes taxes in supermarket price. Because in the US everything is about money and people need you to know who you're paying and why. Instead of just giving you the final price.
I don't give a fuck about how much you, shop owner, pay in taxes, i wanna know how much money i have to pay to get the thing i need/want. And i don't give a fuck about how much your waiter is paid, i wanna know how much i owe for my food and paying the cooks and the service people should be up to you. But not in murica. In murica the restaurant and the waiters are two different entities with no connection whatsoever between them that you pay separately. For some retarded reason.

>give me more free money because I'm an unqualified, uneducated worthless cunt who can only bring stuff to people
Yeah Nahh

Bcuz we is am are an nigger

How about the restaurant owner pays everyone involved into making the food and bringing it to me, and just gives me the final price, non negotiable. So i can enjoy my evening out and not have to worry about haggling like a sandnigger or a jew.

kek my sides.
I was a waiter, I can't even begin to imagine how much floor food, spit, and anything else you have consumed without your knowledge

You fucking idiot

Yes, because I'm not a fucking asshole.

They shouldn't be paid even minimum wage, they put no effort into anything. The bar makes the drinks, the cooks make the food. Literally all they do is bring stuff from one place to another. I was a cook for awhile, pretty hard work. They were still going home with more money cause they had nicer tits than I do.

They should be paid minimum wage, and no tips allowed. That would be fair. Fair also to the customer, who doesn't have to spend the evening worrying aobut how rich the waiters thinks you are so they will serve you better expecting a tip.

Bullshit. A cook making less than a waiter?
You were just washing dishes, don't make you no chef.

And this is why faggot ass servers don't get tipped. Get a better job if you want money and stop being petty entitled shitbags.

Stfu faggot, once the food leaves the pass nothing happens to it. And the cooks won't do shit if some table called you out for being a flaming faggot, they risk having to make it again.

>I-If you don't overpay me for carrying plates I'll shit in your food!

LITERALLY A TRAINED APE

This just proves waiters are children that throw temper tantrums when they don't get what they want.

I would be more inclined to tip an ape because at least it is actually using its brain and would be funny

I said cook not sous you faggot. Yeah I made more hourly but on a Saturday night with a low cut top and short shorts, she's still going home with 150-200 in cash. Know how I know you're larping?

another side of it to consider, having been both a cook and a server - cook is stressful but being a server means dealing with people, like you assholes!

i'd take hourly cook pay over dealing with customers directly all day every day

that said some server get fuckin tyrannical about ERMAHGERD MAH TIPS and im like shut up and just be nice to the customer, then they might actually tip

Booooooooo.

I don't tip the cashier at McDonald's and that's literally the same job as any waiter in any restaurant. Take the order, wait for the food, bring it to me. Tipping is completely optional but a vast majority of people have been conditioned into thinking it's a requirement to tip at least 20%. I'm a strong believer in "if you don't like living off the generosity of other maybe you should get a different job." because let's face it generally people are massive assholes.

If you go anywhere even semi often, they hate you. You are getting slower, shittier service to save a few bucks. good job OP

>if you don't like living off the generosity of other maybe you should get a different job

Self entitled fuck.

Let's hope you're never in a position where you're stuck in a job you absolutely fucking hate and can't do anything about it.

Here's an idea:
Tell your waiter before the meal that you don't tip. Order stuff but make it semi complicated (dressing on the side, substitute, whatever). But don't eat anything. Just sit and talk (if with gf/friend/whatever) or surf the web if alone.

At the end of the meal, ask for a box for your food and leave a huge tip...

See if they come out and warn you not to eat the food cause they spit or did nasty shit to it.

Throw the food away or give to homeless person if they don't come out.

I usually just forget completely

As a UKfag, we treat tipping differently that the Yanks. I've seen a lot of these threads and I see the same arguments over and over again.

I think you need to re-define what a tip is.

I've heard people say that there's a loophole in USA law where an employer can pay less than minimum wage because the rest is made up from tips. If this is the case, then it's not a tip. You're paying a part of their wage.

The cunt employer sells a meal for, say $10, and pays the staff shit.

What you need to do, as a civilized person, is calculate the real cost of the meal, which is $10 plus 20%. That's not a tip, you're paying the actual cost of the meal.

By not tipping, you're effectively ripping off the staff by not paying the full cost of the meal. The Owner doesn't give a fuck, cos he's getting his $10. You're taking from the little guy. Which is something you complain about the 1% doing every day.

If I was in the USA, I'd tip.

But I'm a Brit. We don't have any of that bullshit here. A tip is a tip.

At the end of the day employees still have to have minimum wage. Employers are requires to make up for what they didn't get in tips.

That's not always the case. (I'm a brit) Americans as a whole expect tips for anything.

Last time I was there (N.Y.C) I was staying in a hotel. I said hello to the doorman everyday. One day, in casual conversation I wondered what the weather would be like. I didnt even really want an answer. Cheeky fucker looks at his phone, tells me the forecast then holds out his hand for money. Told him "no chance", so he never spoke to me again.

Hotels literally employ beggars to sand outside their main doors. That's all it is. Begging like fucking peasants. Everywhere I went. Cunts holding their hand out for money.

Fuck going back there.

20% for places I frequent often sometimes higher for my go to place.

10% for sub par service but nothing glaringly rude to me.

5% if you have made me wait a significant time or are disrespectful of my time or person.

A dollar or two if I am sitting at a bar top in a diner.

A hand full of pennies poured over the table if you seem to have forgtoten me entirely and I have been waiting for my check when finished for over an hour...

Nothing says fuck you like a hand full of pennies strewn over the table.

Ps. I am a cheap Jew
I still tip.

All the places I frequent I don't have to be carded and they remember my preferences because I am pleasant and in return they are pleasant

I have very rarely left no tip and when I have done so I should have demanded a my money back / not paid for the food ... but I did so anyway and by word of mouth have spread news of bad service and the slop served to me

In france, people would refuse your tips. It's just feels awkward, for the tipper and the waiter.
Unless it's in Paris.

I can't wait for automated waiterbots. I only tip a dollar every time.

Nice try, faggot. Why not just come in, give you my wallet and then fuck off?

finally a post that wasn't made by and whiney, entitled, little thirteen year old. Thanks for injecting some sense into this minefield of morons

>entitled
Go back to tumblr and get a real job you lazy cunt.

Found the poorfag

Shops don't pay taxes on the items they sell, the customer pay the taxes.

Technically yes, but that's autistic. Just put the price after tax on the damn price tag. I don't see why i should give a fuck about how much of that money goes to you and how much goes to uncle sam. Just tell me the actual final price.

Same, its usually only a few bucks too. I dont do the 15% bullshit

stay mad you creepy lowlife autist, good luck living polite society with that attitude

> their livelihood

If this were actually what was happening, not tipping would be illegal. You're not "fucking with their livelihood" because the employer still has to make up the difference if they don't average the untipped minimum wage at the end of the pay period.

Here we go again. Inb4 entitled waiters complain about how they only make $180/day tax free

Exactly. You are entitled to minimum wage if you hold a job in the USA. If you're making above that for doing unskilled work that robots can *currently* do and still complaining, fuck off and get a real job you useless nigger.

NYC is full of niggerfaggots, user. Come to somewhere that isn't infested by libtards and homeless fucks.

Source: live in USA and have experienced similar treatment in NYC but literally nowhere else.

its funny because this shit never actually happens. restaurants have an image to maintain so they stamped all this shit out
unless youre eating at some dive place, in which case, no fucks were ever given
keep stroking your ego though fam, we know youre full of shit and still working that pathetic job

All you fucks talking about "if you dont tip they'll do something to your food". How the fuck would they know i dont tip till after ive eaten my food?

They cannot actually pay waiters less than minimum wage, stop falling for waiter lies. They're legally required to pay the difference if the waiter doesn't make minimum wage, but that never happens because they're overpaid entitled pieces of shit. Fucking waiters constantly lie about getting paid less than minimum because they're kikes.

>fuck with someones food unless...
because you'd be able to tell? There are infinite things that can be done you won't see, won't taste, yet will make you want to die an hour or 2 later.

>By not tipping, you're effectively ripping off the staff by not paying the full cost of the meal.
except US laws state if they dont make minimum via tips, the employer makes the rest up so theyre getting their wage no matter what. waiters almost always earn way over minimum because of this bullshit "mandatory" tipping nonsense

as a fellow britfag, i appreciate you trying to be civil but youre still fucking retarded

I dont tip because I dont live in a shithole third world country where the minimum wage is so low that I myself after paying for a produce must pay more to offset the poverty.

this NYC is a fucking dumpster

As someone that lives in Manhattan, the city is nice, the people are grimy.

Please, user, pray tell - what nothingburger country do you live in?

No, but that's because I live in Europe where waiters are paid a salary to do their job.

you are doing the right thing. If more people would not tip restaurants would be forced to pay their staff more money

>Constantly hear BEEEP BEEEEEEEP from angry drivers
> Takes 7x as long to drive anywhere
> Trains smell like piss and you have to deal with disgusting plebes
> $4k/mo for 800 sqft apartment
> Everything costs 50% more
> Libtard government taxing all sorts of shit
> "the city is nice"

I'm living in a country where people can't be paid that little money.

Op is Mr Pink

oh my naive friend you are so wrong. It's been decades since I worked kitchens but this shit happens in shithole dives and in 5 star restaurants. I've seen $70 plates hit the floor and be reconstructed and prettied up. You don't hold up an order for a table of 6 because 1 meal got FUBAR.

Why do people keep making this same thread.

Not tipping when the server did a good job means you're a dick.

Can we please stop it with this unoriginal troll thread?

> writing down what you said, giving order to cook, and bringing it out

> salaried job

my sides, bring on the fucking robots

People remember. I'd hate to be your doppelganger, or you if you frequent any eatery.

Why? Because they said so?

My UPS guy always brings my Amazon packages to my door and I've never had anything broken and I don't tip him - and if they implemented an electronic ordering system, he'd be playing the same role in my life as a waiter.

Thank god someone isnt retarded. Everyone seems to forget that no one in America makes less than 7.25. OMG I ONLY GET 2.75 PLUS TIPS AND PEOPLE ARE ASSHOLES AND ONLY GIVE 1 DOLLAR! Bitch, no matter what your tip is you still get 7.25 so stop bitching. It pisses me off when people who earn tips nag about that shit. I want to physically hurt them because they are so stupid.

ITT: A bunch of entitled fucks that have never worked in a restaurant
Sure, serving one table isn't hard at all, but juggling 6 or 7 while faggots like you whine about having to wait 15 mins for your food is. If you can't afford to tip go to McDonald's. Food is cheaper on the menu because tip is factored in. If we did it like Europe, restaurants would be 15-20% more expensive
-guy who served tables to get through college
Inb4 a bunch of autists reeee at me

Oh no! How could I possibly handle writing down the orders of 7 people and then bringing them what they asked for?! The horror!

Yet another worthless shitdick in society. I can't wait until automation forces you to suck dick in a back alley to survive while you angrily blame your circumstances on capitalism between slurps because you had no appreciable skills in a competitive market.

Doubt it. The only people we ever remember are the really nice ones, and the ones who are assholes because of their order, not because they didn't tip. No one remembers of john smith tiped his 5 bucks the last time he was here a month ago.

Pulling that shit costs the restaurant money and gets the wait staff in trouble because its assumed they did something wrong because they didn't get tipped
Restaurants won't keep employing people if they cost the restaurant money
I agree its a shit system, but its the one we have so we have to play the game until the system changes

I didn't say 7 people, I said 7 tables
Try reading before you shitpost

Skinflint.

LMAO TIP IS FACTORED IN AT MCDONALDS? STFU user YOU SPOILED ENTITLED LITTLE FUCK. WAITING TABLES ISNT SHIT YOU JUST WRITE DOWN ORDERS AND BRING THEM FOOD ON PLATES. MAYBE SOME REFILLS. ONLY TIP WHEN THE WORK IS EXEMPLARY

You do those 6 or 7 tables in an hour or 2 and three of those 6 tables give you a 5 dollar tip. Already making better money than minimum wage.

One of the things I do t understand about the tip and no tip argument is that it is always about servers at restaurants. What about other positions that has common place tipping? I tip because I can and feel like it is the right thing to do. I tip my barber, bellows, porters, bartenders, postal employee (On Christmas), construction workers, and a few others. If I feel like they don't deserve it then I dont and consider it more a gratuitous extra then a given but more often then not I tip and factor it into the cost. I don't like that it is expected almost as much as those who refuse to tip ever.

>Construction isn't shit, you just slap up a house and sell it!
>Art isn't shit, you just wave a paintbrush around and boom, art
>Playing an instrument isn't shit, you just hold it and music comes out!
I'm not saying waiting tables an extremely difficult job, but it takes a lot more than you guys are giving it credit for

I agree... Reminds me of that shit show undercover boss or whatever it is called. When a CEO has to step down and pretend to be a regular employee they realize the job is harder then it seems.

>you're all entitled
>but I deserve $250 a night for carrying plates

> I tip my postal employee
Confirmed retard. "THANKS FOR ALL THE JUNKMAIL, ETHEL. HERE'S A COUPON FOR A FREE APPETIZER AT CHILIS"

Here's the difference - the CEO can still do it.

I doubt many fry cooks or busboys could do the same.

Exactly
It encourages servers to flip tables faster, which improves service
Better, more efficient servers can serve more tables and accumulate more tips
It rewards being good at your job
If servers were paid an hourly wage like most niggers ITT want, the average quality of service would decline because what's the point of shining at your job if you aren't making more money than the slowest person on staff?

>tipping construction workers

Greedy people do live longer.

I will only ever tip if there is a jar
Jars get split between everyone in the establishment, the system is a lot fairer.
The thought of some cute girl with tits, or a guy faking his smile to make money, getting more than the cook has slaved to make my food on time to perfection is pure idiocy. They are getting atleast some of the money from the jar that way

I hate all countries where is needed to tip, you retardet Yankee FUCKS!

Samefag

> retardet

I don't know about you but I send and receive a lot of packages as well as documents through the USPS.

Not the contractor or subs for the most part unless it is a holiday.

In italy we tip only if we want, it's not someting they expect, so all this is strange for me.

In australia there is no such thing as tips unless your a stripper .