youtube.com/watch?v=bJXANqM06Ho

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ww9VlmXKYgs
youtube.com/watch?v=puW7GplstuU
youtube.com/watch?v=AUp0vsHfUzc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it's catchy

shut the fuck up with your cracka ass opinions of rap
white people shouldn't speak on things they know nothing about or have any part in

op cannot let go of his east coast boom bap

No genre is inherently bad and shitting on it just makes you sound out-of-touch. Granted, a lot of "mumble rappers" aren't that good, but you're better off criticizing the artists themselves rather than spewing old head boom bap circlejerk bullshit.

>deconstructs vocal flow/delivery in hip hop after the genre has not evolved it's basic percussive flow in the decades since its inception
>more open minded to use certain kind of electronic effects/samples not other wise seen in the realm of hip hop
>uses trap rhythms which are on average more complex and more visceral than most percussion sections in hip hop that came before
>keeps hip hop in the mainstream and gives it a rebellious aesthetic more fitting to today's time
>end result is that much diversification of the hip hop genre

Might as well use this thread.

Can a man who is a virgin, has never taken drugs, is not violent, has never been close to a gun, and had a pretty normal childhood make good rap? Or can you only connect with people if you are a tormented soul?

(I'm the first case)

This. It's ridiculous to hear so-called hip hop fans bash anything that doesn't conform to their narrow view of what hip hop should be. The genre needs to continue evolving.

Not all waves produce good music, but when a genre pisses people off, it's going in the right direction.

Few rappers actually do all the shit they talk about in their songs. Aside from a few cases like 50 Cent and Jay Z, rappers just talk about shit they make up or hear about from others. It's just about being a good artist, not a journalist.

Yeah look at ugly god, Childish gambino, lil dicky probably, ect idk. There are tons of popular rapper who pretty much fit that description. There's a reason that they don't call it gangsta rap anymore.

Watch this video all the way through without killing yourself.

Pro tip: You can't

god why are "muh real hip hop" heads always so fucking pathetic?

"We did it, bro! We saved hip hop!"

youtube.com/watch?v=Ww9VlmXKYgs

Kanye is doing mumble rap if that demo with ASAP Rocky was real

Adeem is a vaguely effeminate white guy from New Hampshire and made one of the more popular hip-hop albums on here back in 2011/12.

youtube.com/watch?v=puW7GplstuU

Probably Tylo be Chillin

this and it sounds good

i like trap, old gucci & OJ. migos future thug dolph etc. Drinking lean Smoking loud music. 21 savage is only good one in OP pic

i thought mumble rap is just cause they are drugged the fuck out and have a fat grill in their mouth so they cant enunciate. I still like how it sounds, so suck on that OP

youtube.com/watch?v=AUp0vsHfUzc

Here, it defends itself

I dont mind any of that shit, the problem is mumble rap breaks the one rule of rap you should never break. It doesnt fucking rhyme.

>53 views
stop advertising your garbage here shithead

as with all genres of rap, never forget that it's music produced primarily by borderline-illiterate thugs. there's only so much artistic value one can expect from this nonsense.

Is this the new JMT album?

No such things as "mumble" rap. At least I could understand what they say. They're just meh, but some of their songs are good.

Not a real argument

they look like smelly hobos

The earliest examples of "rapping" in hip hop were hype men speaking on top of instrumentation coming from the likes of DJ Kool Herc. No rhymes there.

I can't defend mumble rap anymore. Listening to kids glorify cheating, getting high, getting head from someone's mom, and trapping is draining.

>deconstructs vocal flow/delivery in hip hop after the genre has not evolved it's basic percussive flow in the decades since its inception
something something if it ain't broke don't fix it
>more open minded to use certain kind of electronic effects/samples not other wise seen in the realm of hip hop
not otherwise seen in the realm of mainstream hip hop*
>uses trap rhythms which are on average more complex and more visceral than most percussion sections in hip hop that came before
the underground alternative hip-hop that flourished around the turn of the century had more complex and visceral rhythms than your beloved trap rhythms
>keeps hip hop in the mainstream and gives it a rebellious aesthetic more fitting to today's time
yeah because the ayy we rockers now lmao aesthetic is doing nothing but furthering the degeneracy of youth, this music is sonic kat chewing
>end result is that much diversification of the hip hop genre
Actually the only thing I can say that has been good about it is that a lot of old cats has had to step up and show these fuckers how it's done

spoken word is a thing you know

idk I can't defend it desu

It's just so damn boring

like besides the artist's voice all the songs sound the same

people who enjoy this pls explain why

i can't. it's a bad imitation of Three 6 Mafia

except it is and people enjoy it sometimes because its earworm pop catchiness

yea just its possible
some rappers make their dark gangsta rap a hyperbole and are not super og thugs irl

>something something if it ain't broke don't fix it
Wow, I would love to hear your opinions on cubism. You sound like a great admurer of the arts.

Yachty doesn't mumble

Wow, I would love to see your collection of strawmen and goalposts shifted throughout your entire life. You sound like a royal fucking cunt with no arguments

these are the same dorks who spent their 2000's jerking off in their mother's basement over clouddead and el-p but would say 'oh i listen to little brother too' if they went outside

>one rule of rap you should never break.
According to who?

This is literally the only argument needed. A lot of people like the way it sounds, therefore it makes sense for someone to create it.

Audience is everything. Innovations don't count for shit without an appreciative audience.

Thugger is the one redeeming quality of mumble rap.

Actually all the best hip hop was made by white people

>ain't broke don't fix it
>in the realm of arts

>thinks there's anyone that uses sounds like Lil Boat in the underground when the underground is too obsessed with boom bap and experimentalism

>thinks the hairstyle and fashion is degeneracy not the effect of current trends
>literally thinks the cringey baggy clothes trend that hip hop brought is somehow less degenerate and not just hilariously awful

>thinks anyone in the underground (w/e) that means goes as hard as trappers
>especially when the only ones that do are relatively mainstream trap rappers like Denzel

>muh old cats
All they do is fucking complain and say it's not hip hop. That piece of shit Pete Rock has the gall to say it's not hip hop because of how different it is considering how different his own hip hop sounded to DJ Kool Herc? Straight up mumble/trap deniers are the cringey lewronggeneration of hip hop.

Originak mumblers like Future's good, any genre that turns into cliches and clones will always go shit and die out as fast as it emerged.

>he doesnt lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

t.White boy

Proof that faggot niggers browse Sup Forums

It's just fad, it'll die out.

>in the realm of arts
I could understand if it was actually something innovative instead of just howling like stung Koalas and speaking into beer cans for a neat effect. The way you laud these mumble rappers is idiocy beyond my comprehension
>thinks there's anyone that uses sounds like Lil Boat in the underground when the underground is too obsessed with boom bap and experimentalism
Yeah he's so fucking ground breaking with his kidz bop volume 5 sounding ass fucking shit
Leek-E-Leek mastered that shit
>thinks the hairstyle and fashion is degeneracy not the effect of current trends
Did you really think I was talking about that they dress like girls and have brightly colored hair? That's not the degeneracy I was talking about and you know it. The lifestyle they promote is so much worse than what came before.
>thinks anyone in the underground (w/e) that means goes as hard as trappers
>especially when the only ones that do are relatively mainstream trap rappers like Denzel
Judging by your definition of going hard, which is 'in da motherfucking paint nigga' then there's no reason to further this discussion

>All they do is fucking complain and say it's not hip hop.
Because it's their right to do so, when you have hip hop figureheads like Snoop Dogg who by all means should be a washed up has-been with all the shit he's pulled over the years and KRS-One who's been a lelumeenatee flat-earth what have you for the last decade putting out better albums than your new school of hip hop.

Then again I realize that the only thing you care about is that it bumps in the whip and goes hard and you can tweak out to it

this is literally the only argument, and its a shit one.

>it's catchy
>it sounds good
those are valid, subjective arguments

do you not listen to music because you enjoy the way it sounds?

TEN BAD BITCHES IN A MANSION

shitpost

said no one

What the fuck does "defending" musical preference even mean? Would you ask someone to defend their taste in ice cream? Why would anyone nead any justification other than "I like it?"

>decade putting out better albums than your new school of hip hop
Literally just your opinion
>Then again I realize that the only thing you care about is that it bumps in the whip and goes hard and you can tweak out to it
So? Are you saving the planet by listening to shitty boom bap or something?