Is there any love for sports car racing on this board?

Sup Forums is not my home board, so just checking on this. I saw the F1G post and figured there might also be some sports car racing fans here.

The American season is about to start, with the 24 Hours of Daytona in a couple weeks followed by 12 Hours of Sebring in March. In between I'll be watching the Bathurst 12 Hour to get my fix.

IMSA looks to be putting together a great season, with a lot of new marques and a ton of variety. Cadillac, Mazda, Nissan, Acura, Lexus, Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Audi, Ferrari, Chevrolet, and Ford are all represented on track in races from 1 hr 40 m to 24 hours in length at some of the most challenging and iconic tracks around the country.

Anyway, I've been a fan for a few years but outside of leddit I've had a hard time finding people to chat with about this great sport, especially the American series.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PYHK__TqLOE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bamp

Sorry, we only post

>APOLOGIZE
>JUST
>EXPOSED
>song lyrics

threads on this board.

>Is there any love for sports car racing on this board?
'no'

There will be comfy threads for Daytona, don't worry about it.

>gonna try to beat last years 23 1/2 hours of viewing

dumb reddit faggots

there are threads for those big endurance races you've mentioned when they're on but little discussion in between

unfortunately Sup Forums is pretty much 90% generals these days so if your sport isn't covered by a general it's hard to generate any discussion because no one reads page 0 anymore, they just ctrl+f their general

Is driving a car an sport

>an sport

you can be an hero

Excellent news thanks.

I'll start putting some stuff together for generals then, thanks.

There's a motor/sp/ort thread or two around the time of big endurance races.

i'm a fan. sp has a small group of redpilled racefans who like imsa, /ragsinabox/, wrc and other true motorsports.

there are a bunch of nascar fans here but those numbers are dwindling as nascar leadership continues to drive that series into the ground.

>audi
didn't audi pull out of everything?

they pulled out of LMP1 but there are still R8 GT3 cars

This. Also one reason I think the American IMSA series is about to get a lot more popular since LMP1 is now down to Porsche vs Toyota and LMP2 is a spec class with little (no?) manufacturer involvement.

IMSA is letting the spec LMP2 cars run against the new DPi cars with Cadillac and Mazda making some beautiful examples this year.

Unfortunately the French family is running IMSA now, but I'm hopeful for the future. Since NASCAR abandoned all pretense of actual stock car racing years and years ago, and now basically runs a spec generic demolition derby, I'm hoping the appeal of Corvettes and Ford GTs battling Ferraris and Porsches and BMWs for world domination will begin to appeal to the American people again.

tfw no welderfu

motor/sp/ort will start existing when seasons start back up

And friendly reminder Chili Bowl main features tonight

the f1 general is pretty much the motorsport general when there isn't any major motorsport event

>I'll start putting some stuff together for generals then, thanks.
We only have motor/sp/ort threads from the Daytona 24 to the end of the NASCAR season. That's the only time we can stay alive and all we need. There's not enough news between weeks for a thread to last more than Thursday-Sunday.

Hello.

we watching the chili bowl in here gents?

>tfw no streams

thankfully i get mavtv so i can just sit back and get comfy

noice

Got to see that car at Watkins Glen in 14. Too bad they could never make it work. Daytona last year was a real tragedy the way they wrecked it.

Onboard with Ozz in one of the new Mike Shank Acuras at the Roar last week.

youtube.com/watch?v=PYHK__TqLOE

Fuck Christopher Bell