/box/ - TONIGHT: Badou Jack vs. James DeGale Official Thread

Live on Showtime (USA) at 9:30PM (EST) and Sky Sports 1 (UK) at 2:00AM from the Barclays Center, Brooklyn, NYC:
youtube.com/watch?v=4sV1mzTixjM

Badou Jack (20-1-2) vs. James DeGale (23-1)
>For both the IBF/WBC and 'The Ring' Super Middleweight World Titles

Jose Pedraza (22-0) vs. Gervonta Davis (16-0)
>For the IBF Super Featherweight World Title

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6LaRnx8FkoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=t7IwHeXI5SM
youtube.com/watch?v=ihbjsQQVx4I
a516digital.com/2016/12/itv-to-open-its-box-office-in-2017.html
youtube.com/watch?v=dY476S2Ap_w
scontent-lht6-1.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/14989373_692863907549599_5672597920415744000_n.mp4
youtube.com/watch?v=Yf13GUstkLg
youtube.com/watch?v=9Lrh3GnOfWM
youtube.com/watch?v=DtZVoWmskmQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Jack vs. DeGale Weigh In:
youtube.com/watch?v=6LaRnx8FkoQ

Pedraza vs. Davis Weigh In:
youtube.com/watch?v=t7IwHeXI5SM

Pre-Fight Press Conference:
youtube.com/watch?v=ihbjsQQVx4I

Tale of the Tape:
>Pictured

Get in quick fellas early bird price of £9.95
a516digital.com/2016/12/itv-to-open-its-box-office-in-2017.html

More interested in Pedraza-Davis than the main event desu

I think DeGale has a 75% chance of winning, but the Pedraza-Davis fight is more unpredictable since Davis is an unknown quantity and Pedraza, though very talented, is inconsistent

OP's Expert Fight Picks and Betting Advice for Tonight

>Jose Pedraza vs. Gervonta Davis
I've never been impressed with Pedraza. He's rangy, he has some boxing skills and gets his punches off, but he's not physical, and he lacks a real deterrent, the power just isn't there. Gervonta Davis is a bulky fighter, who can close distance, land power shots and box a little in the pocket. I just like Davis' size advantage here, I think he can jump on Pedraza when needed to win rounds, and I think he can box when it's time to coast. Davis is the home fighter, and I think whilst Pedraza is too savvy to be knocked out, he won't do enough on the scorecards to keep his title. I like Davis to win this fight by decision, there's good value on Davis as an underdog, I'd definitely take it.

PICK: Davis TO WIN

>Badou Jack vs. James DeGale
This is a hard, hard fight to pick. My gut says DeGale, but having watched the tape I'm very impressed with Badou Jack's composure and ability to control the violence around him and throw effective but safe punches. Jack is an orthodox fighter (in a technique sense), DeGale much more unorthodox and loose. I think DeGale's flamboyance looks good and wins rounds, but if Jack finds rhythm and can fight on the front foot, it's a close close fight. DeGale looks like he's had superb preparation and rest, if you read into those things I think you take it as a very good sign he'll be at his best. I'm amazed the odds on a Jack win or decision are so good, there is unbelievable value there and it's worth perhaps putting some money on that. I think DeGale wins a close fight, but really hard to gauge.

PICK: DeGale by SD, but put money on Jack DECISION, fantastic value.

And Khytrov-Aleem is interesting too

I've never seen a more hipster post on /box/, this is getting ridiculous

He's right though (although I'm more interested in Jack/DeGale).

but he's right, Davis vs Pedraza is expected to be the better fight on this card

Remember when DeGale was a roadman?

youtube.com/watch?v=dY476S2Ap_w

So it's a hipster thing to prefer closer fights?

DeGale-Jack is unlikely to be very exciting either in terms of result or in terms of action

On the other hand, Tank Davis has an aggressive, high intensity style and Pedraza has nice clean skills

degale is abit of a cringe desu

>More interested in Pedraza-Davis than the main event desu

>Manny Pacquiao would have beaten Floyd Mayweather 5 years ago

He actually managed to make Groves look normal and sympathetic by comparison in the build-up to their fight and pretty much lost all of the goodwill he had garnered with the British public from his Olympic win. He's actually much calmer and humbler these days than he was back then

>You play other sports, you don't play boxing

i hate the way he talks

this, you can't call that shit english anymore

Checkout James Toney vs Vassiliy Jirov. List worthy I think.

Honestly don't see any scenario in which Jack can win, I think the bookies are on the money with this. I would also doubt someone who's been ko'd by Derek Edwards and drew with Marco Antonio Peribán has the belief to beat DeGale either. I hope I'm wrong. I love when the two top guys in a division meet. I'm on DeGale to score a knockdown at 9/4 with Paddy Power.

A new thread literally wasn't even needed, it probably won't even finish this one.

So amped for the Davis fight. I know dudes that sparred with him years ago, he's always been a natural beast. Just hope staying training in Baltimore instead of going to Floyds gym was the right choice

>2 AM

for fucks sake

4am for the main event

just to have the upcomming fight in the OP

ring walk is 3am it's in New York

Not what I've seen on twitter

Pretty stupid reason to be honest, who gives a shit.

just letting you know no need to be rude

Otherwise you have a million people asking 'what time is the fight on' and 'what channel for a stream' etc.

so happy that it's at 3am
now I can just ignore the fight, learn for exams, masturbate, sleep and I won't even regret not watching it

Froch thinks Eubank would beat Golovkin, can't argue with the Cobra. This is a dangerous man, a warrior

scontent-lht6-1.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/14989373_692863907549599_5672597920415744000_n.mp4

>Marquez didn't beat Pacquiao twice

He's just saying that because he dislikes GGG's resume

Eubank is a fucking bum

It's never been a problem in the past. It's only really fights where you get the casuals coming in which require their own threads, and they'll ask all those questions even if they're in the OP anyway.

Current Eubank would be one of his hardest fights, Lemieux and Willie Monroe Jr are the 2 stand out names on his CV

it's the truth my Pashtun friend, Davis vs Pedraza has that unknown factor it's exciting.

He is very overrated
Ducked Jacobs
Lost to bjs
Beat nobodies

>Lost to bjs
iffy split decision tbqh

He narrowly lost to BJS because he threw away the first 2 rounds and that was 2 years ago, I would back Eubank in a rematch

Listen....listen....listen....

Nah

had they fought after Manny retired Oscar, that would have been fight of the century. wouldnt care who would have won. both in their prime, both were ppv kings, guarranteed that it would have sold more ppv's back then, but probably wouldnt make as much money since i bet the ppv would have been cheaper

LISTEN ADAM, JAMES IS A FIFFTEEN RAAAAND FOITAH

probably the biggest joke in boxing right now besides Chris Brown Vs Soulja Boy

He didn't look too great against Spike O'Sullivan either, his defence is a shambles and Golovkin or Canelo would eat him up

>Adam Smith

Guaranteed nonce.

hahaha

>tfw I have an exam during this card.

Fuck my life senpai, Ive been starved for some good boxing for over a month.

I love all the Mr Bean and "how many bodies are in his basement" comments on IFLTV

He beat Chudinov in the same year and ended Nick Blackwell's career after that. He's 27 now coming into his prime. BJS can't go any further than he's been but Eubank can because he has speed, power, chin. I don't actually think he'd beat Golovkin but it would be a great fight. Brook couldn't capitalise on the second round against Golovkin because he was too small.

His voice doesn't match his face at all.

meant for

>Tim Bradley definitely beat Pacquiao in their first fight
I've actually heard some boxing """"experts"""" on youtube say that

What would De Gale need to do to break into the top 10 p4p?

Beat Badou Jack and Gilberto Ramirez, or move to 175lb and beat Adonis Stevenson.

Do you have the pic of him wearing a monocle?

I'll fuck your life and you'll fuck my life

P4P is mostly a load of shit because style, speed, power doesn't transition through divisions so the only way to really measure P4P is to say who dominates their division the most. DeGale needs 2 more wins out of Ramirez, Smith, Groves after Jack

Degale needs to knock Jack out tonight, cos a robbery is on the cards with the judges

>Let me tell you, I fear for Junior's opponents. His power is not a normal power, he summons the warrior. It is quite astonishing.

I do think that Bradley didn't get enough credit for the first Pacquiao fight because of the bad decision. He fought Pacquiao on even terms in that one, and that was with leg injuries

He was never the same after the Provodnikov fight though

also why is this fight in america? who will the yanks be cheering for?

and this is why Eubank jr is a joke

Good subplot with tonight's fight, Mayweather wants to fuck Degale's sister and it's pissing him off

Who /ABOUT BILLIONS/ here?

youtube.com/watch?v=Yf13GUstkLg

DeGale would be a pretty easy fighter to rob as well due to his low output

because It's a Mayweather Promotions event. myself, im leaning towards Degale

Mayweather is straight?

He barely landed a punch in the later rounds

it must suck being a Mayweather promotion fighter.

He made Badou Jack wait an hour to start the press conference because he was late, and then proceeded to talk about how good he was, and not even promote the fight.

Because DeGale abandoned Eddie Hearn for Al Haymon investor $$$

Mayweather won the pursebid, and no one in the UK knows who Badou Jack is apart from hardcore fans

You think Jack would've gotten the opportunities he did with another promoter? Floyd has done a good job

Bisexual, he diddled Justin Bieber's boipucci a few times

Such a ridiculous man kek

brb betting my house on Badou Jack to win by controversial split decision

Was it autism?

youtube.com/watch?v=9Lrh3GnOfWM

How Floyd beat Canelo really shows how great he is, Floyd is a natural featherweight, went up to fight in a light middleweight bout and completely schooled canelo. I doubt canelo won a single round and now canelo is the cash cow of boxing

brain damage brought on by repeated blows to the head

no way Jack gets a decision, he's a no draw judges will give it to Degale

There's a risk of that but it's in New York not Las Vegas, Vegas is owned by Mayweather and is full of corruption but Brits usually get a fairer crack in New York and Jack is Swedish

He's been like that for years, even while he was boxing.

>and Jack is Swedish
Hasn't lived in Sweden for a long time and is effectively the home fighter

what the fuck is wrong with you

He didn't let Canelo balloon up after the weigh in, he was far too dehydrated on fightnight and it affected his speed and power

2:50 in Benn v Eubank the bants
youtube.com/watch?v=DtZVoWmskmQ

is badou jack mayweathers best fighter?

Jack has reason to worry about judges as well, he got a draw against Bute when he clearly won

I prefer Eubank's voice back then, before he started to talk like a faux-posh ponce

Yes.

And Davis is his second best fighter.

Wouldn't be surprised if Mayweather rigged the judges and put a big bet on in Vegas for the draw

not sure what i would to see more tonight a blatant robbery or a degale win

/heem/

fuck boxing

Bute tested positive on a drug test after that fight and that card was meant to set up Jack vs DeGale so I think it was poor judging. DeGale can not afford to turn off in the mid rounds though, he needs to try and take the fight to him because it's probably a 12 rounder